Capcom Announces Franchise 3DS Titles

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Mega Man Legends 3 project and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Capcom's just announced two upcoming 3DS titles, a Mega Man Legends 3 project as well as Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. The former will continue the spin-off series while the latter will present missions from the Mercenaries Modes of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 in brain-melting 3D, and with worldwide WiFi multiplayer to boot.

You can read the full press release below.

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D are in development for the Nintendo 3DS platform. Fans of both iconic series will see their favourite heroes and villains come to life like never before with Nintendo’s breakthrough 3D technology. The announcements were made during the Nintendo Conference 2010 which took place in Japan earlier today.

For years, fans have been clamouring for a new instalment to the Mega Man Legends series and now the Mega Man Legends 3 Project will see their request realized. Indeed, fans will have an opportunity to be part of the development process like never before as they interact directly with the team. ‘We have wanted to create a new instalment in this series for a number of years,’ commented the title’s Executive Producer, Keiji Inafune. ‘And it is great that we now have the opportunity to bring this title to the Nintendo 3DS.’ Further details of this project will be revealed at next month’s New York Comic-Con. In the meantime, visit www.capcom-unity.com for more information.

Set in the Resident Evil universe, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will deliver relentless action with players competing against the clock to defeat as many enemies as possible in a fixed time. Featuring Mercenaries missions from Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, now fully realised in stunning 3D, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will add brand new modes and well known characters from the series to enrich and extend the Mercenaries experience. Furthermore, the title will take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS’ WiFi Connectivity, allowing players from around the world to join forces in co-op gameplay, regardless of location.

[via capcomeuro-press.com]

Related Games

Ikalpo

Ikalpo said:

The information flood gates have been opened! Get on your life jackets...

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Totally pumped for Mercs. My favorite part of both games, now with online co-op (well, atleast that's new for the RE4 missions) and 3D. I never think I can be more in love with Nintendo and Capcom, but they always find ways to prove me wrong.

JamieOStaff

JamieO said:

I think that Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will work really well on the portable 3DS, because the fast, arcade style gameplay almost plays like 'Resi: The Shooting Mini Game', so it will be perfect for a quick blast on the train.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Well, not that I needed to have another reason to get a 3DS but if I did, HOLY CRAP MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

NEW YORK COMIC-CON? Mega Man Legends 3? RE: The Mercenaries?

Finally, something cool comes my way!

Terra

Terra said:

So, is this a different game to the previous Resi Evil title we saw for the 3DS?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@mjc: I couldn't have said it better myself.:D :D :D

Not that I ever expected it to be on 3DS (was kind of thinking PS3), but what the heck, a new Mega Man Legends is a new Mega Man Legends! Now, they just need to re-release and/or remake the first two (and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne, of course)...;)

Terra

Terra said:

Cool. I'm not much of an RE fan but just wanted to clear that up, thanks

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I'm thrilled for RE Revalations and Mega Man Legends 3, but for some reason I'm just all that pumped for RE Mercanaries 3D :p

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

:O Oh my gawd. It happened. A Mega Man Legends 3 is going to be made. And it's on a Nintendo system. :) And an entire game dedicated to the RE Mercs game? Sign me up!

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Mega Man Legends 3? I may be in the minority on this, but ALL RIGHT!

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, eh? Sounds good. I hope they still come out with Resident Evil Revelations. That looked great.

motang

motang said:

So these were the two unannounced games Capcom hinted at yesterday. RE looks awesome!

x10power

x10power said:

OMG Megaman Legends 3 finally after years and years of waiting for the 3rd game after I beat the first two games in the series so many times I can finally do the same with the 3rd game in the series.

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

oh my god a mercenaries game all by its self? If Mikiami was dead he would be rolling in his grave. Capcom stop destroying RE.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I hope so Otaku... I swear, I haven't had a piece of the MML pie YET in my life. C'mon w/ Mega Man 64 on VC Capcom.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

I think this means that Mega Man 64 will be released as Mega Man Legends on the 3DS VC (or maybe not, because Sony might have something to say about a PSone game on their rival handheld first) and that Mega Man Legends 2 (I dont know if it got a release on the 64) will hopefully come as well. I've been waiting for a MML3 for a decade now. My brother is gonna be really excited to hear about this.

KiroX777

KiroX777 said:

yo i just realized. if i had a tony hawks pro skater or underground that would look amazing in 3D 0_0