Shantae is Nearly Finished but Not Submitted

Posted by James Newton

It won't be out for weeks

Although there was no DSiWare or WiiWare on display at Nintendo's E3 booth this year, IGN met up with WayForward's Matt Bozon to get some hands-on time with Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

The game itself is all-but finished, needing just some final playtesting and any tweaks arising therein, which means that the game has not yet been submitted to Nintendo for approval. Of course, this means the game does not yet have any confirmed release date or pricing, so those of you watching the Nintendo Download like hawks every week can give yourselves a break, although IGN claims you can expect to play the game "sometime in the next few weeks".

As soon as we hear the release date, we'll let you guys know.

[via uk.ds.ign.com]

edhe

edhe said:

"...although IGN claims you can expect to play the game "sometime in the next few weeks"."

Or next year if we're lucky (Europe).

Zono15

Zono15 said:

You know, I was really hoping to play this game in December...then in March... and now in June... But I don't think that's going to happen... Why Wayforward, WHY?!?!?! >_<

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I lol'd when reading the esrb description. I like the look of the shantae series but never got to play the first one. Like most of wayforwards games, this will probably take ages to come to Europe.

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

The ESRB description was hilarious! Now I'm excited even more lol. Seems dirty, but funny none the less. Could be my big download for the year, but what about the other 2 games? Are they in development, or do we have to wait until next January for the next game

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Wh-wh-wh-wh-WHAAAAA????!!!!

...

Y-You mean...

...

MY WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!!! WHOOO!

This game is going to rock everyone's faces off, belly dance on it, drop an elephant on it, then rock out loud once again. Can't wait! And give myself a break? I've been waiting since the original for a sequel and already got teased for GBA and GCN. I'm antsy! lol

And to those joking about the waist in that original art... maybe that's part of the reason she got her redesign. Oh... LAY OFF SHANTAE!!1! (fanboy rage, lol)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I really hope that this game will be downloadable on the 3DS since I will be trading in my DSi to upgrade to the 3DS.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@wolf....me and you both man, my DSi is HISTORY when 3DS comes out. I really have no use for it with the exception of DSiWare. I play my DS Lite when I play carts.

Rhansley64

Rhansley64 said:

Finally the wait is almost over (but it's crazy that we waited so long), how big is the game anyway?

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

@Rhansley64: The way I see it, they're taking the time to get it right. Like Miyamoto says: "A great game takes longer, but a bad game is bad forever," or something like that.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Matt Bozon and his brother are working on this aren't they? Since I don't have a DSi I'll obviously be passing. But it definitly looks interesting, too bad it's not a retail game.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

"Some female characters are depicted with exaggerated-size breasts that jiggle slightly during gameplay. Players are able to view still-images of characters in bikinis, and dialogue includes references such as "JUGS are always filled goodies, and come in all shapes and sizes!"."

[giggles to himself]

I would say that is not one of the reasons I would buy this game, but then I would be lying. :P

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

@RadioShadow Same here my comrade. Wait.... by still images in bikins, are we talking about dialogue windows, or a sort of DOA Xtreme extra mode where we can do that. I would like the latter, but the first one would be okay I guess

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

Well, I was very excited about Shantae: Risky's Revenge as I had not played the first Shantae game; however, as a fan of the classic I Dream of Jeannie show, it was with great excitement that I acquired a Nintendo DSi with the intention of playing this game but now that the Nintendo 3DS is on the way everything has changed as I plan to trade it or my PSP for the Nintendo 3DS.

Perhaps, WayForward is planning to convert the game to 3D for the Nintendo 3DS? I really don't know of course.

GenieMagic

GenieMagic said:

@Zono15: I feel your pain but hey there is still hope Shanate is finish and they gust said a few more weeks ugh hope we can take the pressure and wait alittle more and nintendo better approve of this y wouldn't they? Shantae rulez!

Leaf