Call of Duty: Black Ops Confirmed for Wii

Posted by James Newton

Latest update in massive series is heading Wii-ward

Whew, we were worried there for a minute. Activision's upcoming entry in the Call of Duty series, the currently-mysterious Black Ops, wasn't initially confirmed for a Wii release, leading to some consternation and brow-furrowing amongst the machine's owners. Now you can relax those brows: it is on the way to Wii.

It's not currently known whether it will be a close accompaniment to the version shipping on HD consoles, but the fact there will be a new CoD title for Wii owners to play is reason to rejoice indeed. More on this one as its November 9th release date looms ever closer like a Sherman tank.

[via eurogamer.net]

irken004

irken004 said:

Oh goody. I doubt it will be as good as MW Reflex, but I'll give this a chance.

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

(Yawn)

Like it's something to get excited about. It's obviously going to be severely dumb down.

Ravage

Ravage said:

I may pick this up over the 360 version if there isn't much/any content missing. I prefer the Wii-mote.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Well, even though Call of Duty is just a game i play casually and not as much as my other games, it's good to see that Treyarch is still making Wii versions of the games like they've been doing since CoD3

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Woot! Even though I typically play it on my friends' PS3s, it'll be nice to have my own little slice--plus, I vastly prefer Wii remote+Nunchuck to dual analogue.

Shmavey

Shmavey said:

I just ordered reflex, and it's nice to know that there will be another option when or I should say if I get bored of it.

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood said:

Good news for Wii only users. Personally I don't care since I would always prefer the HD version with Dolby Digital sound. Multiplatform games on Wii just make no sense to me.

Varoennauraa

Varoennauraa said:

I'll never again play another fps game with last gen controller. In this genre the Wii is, somewhat ironically, simply the best, even with its a couple of lousy fps games!

Smileoscar

Smileoscar said:

Even if I would buy this game, I'd buy the 360 or PS3 version.
But for those who doesn't own a 360 or PS3, congrats.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Since the better version will be on the 360, I'll pick that one up. Still, nice to see it hit here also.

RyuZebian

RyuZebian said:

Yaay, another FPS to play! I spit on joystick FPS controls... Wiimote, mouse or no thanks! And I guess touch screen controls can't work, considering the precision you can achive! Boom, head-shot, baam, nut-shot! :D Everyone would be like aim bots!

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

sigh, more people on a Nintendo site saying their getting the HD version. Makes no sense to posts just that in the comments considering the complaints that hardcore Wii games don't sell. If you don't like the game itself is one thing, saying "I'll get it on 360" is another.

I also own 2 consoles so I'll give them both a shot and then make my decision as I typically prefer Wii controls over dual analog despite production values. I do sort of hate that it's a port instead of an original CoD for Wii though.

Matt_B

Matt_B said:

I can't say that I was ever in doubt. With sales of MW Reflex having just passed the million mark, Activision are still coining it from CoD games on the Wii without even trying when it comes to marketing them. The only real questions would be when and what's missing?

So far as the latter goes, I'd note that as the series has gone on there's been less and less content missing from the Wii versions and, if this trend continues, it'll likely come down to whether you prefer motion controls or HD eye candy. Then again, who's to say that the PS3 and 360 versions won't get the former too at some stage?

Rebel81

Rebel81 said:

at brandonbwii

Think it makes a lot of sense to say. t makes clear to Nintendo the a lot of people still like there Wii, but buy a lot of games on HD-consoles like myself. I don't have the money to give 2 versions a shot, so I go for the HD version.

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

@Segagamer93 I don't know what CoD has to do with hanging around in the streets.

I don't know if im going to get it though; I have to know if it is any good first. I was kind of looking forward to conduit two because of the split screen and I don't really want to get both.