It is once again the final Friday of the month, and that means Nintendo has revealed their plans for Japan's Virtual Console this coming month. It looked like there were no more games remaining for the final update this month (Next week), but Konami has generously provided two more MSX games just for it. Next month sees two Neo Geo and Super Famicom games, in addition to one more arcade title.
Next week's update will have these two MSX titles:
- Gofer no Yabou Episode II (Not to be confused with Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou, this is a totally different Gradius game which so far hasn't been released on any other system.)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (The second game in the series. Unlike the first, it was not released in Europe, although it was translated a few years ago and included in a rerelease of Metal Gear Solid 3, as well as being released for mobile phones.)
April's games are as follows:
- Darius Twin (A rather enjoyable shoot 'em up, and one of the few games in the series that was released outside Japan. Will we see it, we wonder?)
- Pilotwings (The SNES flight game. Already released elsewhere last year!)
- Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory (The last of the original Fatal Fury games, it adds a few more new characters and stages.)
- Waku Waku 7 (Another wacky fighting game, parodying various games in the genre by other developers. It is quite popular in the west, but we only got the arcade version, so if you want to see it, hope for an import release!)
Virtual Console Arcade:
- Mr. Do! (A rather strange arcade game, in which you play as a clown, trying to dig around a screen full of soil in order to collect all the fruit. It could very well be released elsewhere, but publisher Hamster doesn't seem interested in releasing any of their arcade games in the west yet!)
All around, some very good picks. How long will it take for the rest of the world to get any of them?