Tales of Monkey Island Promotion

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Complete a survey and get a free game!

Telltale Games has just announced a new promotion for US Wii owners in which they'll be giving gamers a free download of their second Tales of Monkey Island release Siege of Spinner Cay in exchange for them completing a very short five question survey.

All you have to do is click here to fill out the survey. Upon completion of the survey, you'll be given Telltale Games' Wii code. Simply add this Wii code into your own Wii console's address book and you'll be gifted Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - Siege of Spinner Cay. It's that simple!

The survey will run for approximately one week, so don't waste a lot of time if you want to get in and grab your free copy of the game. You can also check out our full review of the game if you need a little added inspiration.

Please keep in mind that this promotion is for US Wii owners only at this time

Promotion now closed!

Aviator

Aviator said:

YES. Finally an excuse to get this game. For free aswell. Is it open to all territories?

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Nop, US only

Telltale Games has prepared the following brief questions to get feedback from customers in the US on Telltale's Monkey Island WiiWare series, for people that have already played the first Tales of Monkey Island chapter.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I apologize. This is only for US Wii owners at this time. I fixed it in the news item.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I didn't even saw that it was US Only and just answered the questions. Oops. Didn't bought the first ep. either (only the PC season).

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

The survey gave me a good opportunity to complain about the crappy presentation of the first chapter on WiiWare (that being the reason I didn't download any of the others). This particularly burns when I listed SBCG4AP as my favorite WiiWare game. They obviously screwed something up between the two series...but I'll take a free download of the second Tale of Monkey Island, sure.

y2josh

y2josh said:

Got the first one free on PC on Pirate Day or whatever, now I'll get the second. Keep it up Telltale games and I'll have the whole series :D

Juampi

Juampi said:

I just completed the survey, but they didn't give me any code. They just asked for my Wii code and e-mail and said they are going to contact me to further arrange the delivery of the game. It even said it may take weeks until it is delivered.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I know what I am going to do when I get home today from work! Hopefully it's framerate isn't too big a deal, I really want to play this series on my Wii.

Toddr

Toddr said:

My country is set to Canada. Would anything happen if I changed it to america?

Objection

Objection said:

Posting that won't do anyone any good since you still have to give Telltale your own code through the survey.

Kidpit

Kidpit said:

That's great, except I already bought the bloody second chapter already.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Wait, can someone explain this to me? I've already done the survey, was the code in the survey?

Percentful

Percentful said:

@Jstrummer thank you so much! I accidently completed the survey without writing the code down. Obviously you were wrong OB, because it certainly helped me! ;)

y2josh

y2josh said:

Just making sure everyone knows, you have to give them your code on the survey as well or you wont get a free game like post 21 said.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

BALLIN'!!!!

this is the SECOND free game i've gotten from them. when's chapter three gonna be given away?

sirgrim

sirgrim said:

Cool. The first one was so choppy and bad I stopped playing. I'll take the 2nd one for free though heh.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Telltale just emailed me to say that they are getting far more requests than they imagined so they might need to pull this offer soon! Better get in there FAST! :-)

City_Of_Delusion

City_Of_Delusion said:

In terms of plot, you'll probably want to beat the first game (regardless of format). In practice, you won't miss out.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Dazza: They must've been pretty stupid with their "imagining," then. Who WOULDN'T want a free $10 game? Duh.:P

Anyway, I put in for it last night, so I should be good. I just hope it's reasonably playable.:|

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Looks like it's for people who bought the first game...but I filled out the survey anyway :p

Ren

Ren said:

dang, gone already. missed it. I'd love to try it out, but I'm a little skeptical, would've loved to give it a shot this way, since I like Strong Bad games, but I still don't get what was wrong with these ones, people say something about framerates or something, but so what? is it fun? is the story good? Thats all I care about. But still I hesitate since 10$ is always a little steep with so many great cheaper ones.

Caliko

Caliko said:

Funny thing is I was gonna fill out the survey but reject the offer. Just cause the first one was such a waste of time.

Digiki

Digiki said:

Crap, limit reached D:

I didn't have time this morning as I had a bus to catch for a ski race.

Oh, well...

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

The second chapter was the one I found incredibly dull, nowhere near the quality of the others. Strange way to introduce people to the series.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Nnnnooooooo!!! I just missed it!

I saw it and thought, "Well, Star Trek is on. I'll do this when that's over since they'll be doing it all week!" Turns out I was WRONG!

Guybrush

Guybrush said:

I'd like to see a promotion to WiiWare owners who spent $50 on the series compared to the PC download of $35. Couldn't they have made the last two priced at $5 or something?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Higher price + lower quality = fail on WiiWare. I didn't mind the pricing on SBCG4AP, but at least those actually WORKED!:|

nintendo87

nintendo87 said:

so has anyone got the game from them yet i know it said it could be weeks i fill one out when it first started