US DSiWare Launch Titles Revealed!

Posted by Philip J Reed

In a press release today, Nintendo has finally confirmed the complete list of North American launch titles. And there are a few surprises.

The North American market will unwrap their brand new DSi units on Sunday, and if they decide to log on to the DSiShop, they will have the following five titles to choose from.

There's WarioWare: Snapped!, which should get more than a few DSi cameras up and running. As this seemed destined for launch-title status from the start, this shouldn't be particularly surprising.

There is also Bird & Beans (aka: Pyoro) which is a longer version of a WarioWare mini-game, with two modes and (most likely) some very addictive gameplay. Again, not too much of a shock...

Then there's Art Style: Aquite, the sliding-block puzzler with the ever-changing name. Thanks to several sources (including our own reader NintendoPurist) we can confirm that Aquite is this game's final name. The most surprising thing about this launch title is that we'll finally know what to call it!

But two surprises follow!

Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face is the first in a series of Master of Illusion Express titles. This one focusses around a particular card-trick that will enable you to correctly guess what card your friend has chosen. I'm sure GOB Bluth will be downloading this one; will you?

And finally Brain Age Express: Math will be available for immediate download as well. And why not? After all, there's nothing a kid likes better than opening up his new game system on a Sunday night to dive right into a math quiz or two.

Nintendo's press release also makes passing mention of the free DSi Browser, so be sure to grab that even if nothing else tickles your fancy right now. Also remember to log onto the DSi Shop as quickly as possible in order to claim your free 1000 Nintendo Points.

And speaking of points, no information on game pricing was released, but we'd bet they're going to be somewhat in line with the Australian rates we reported on earlier.

So what will you be downloading? Is there anything you would have preferred to see during launch?

[via press.nintendo.com]

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

WarioWare: Snapped! and Art Style: Aquite are day one purchases for me. Both look pretty cool. Heck I might just get them all :-p

ReZon

ReZon said:

WarioWare is a definite download, as of course is the internet browser. The Art Style game also looks pretty nifty, but I'm not sure about a day one download.

If Brain Age Math is really 800 points, I can't imagine it selling too well.

Cryo

Cryo said:

WarioWare might be my first, since im not quite sure what im going to use another camera for...

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I'm personally disappointed that we aren't getting the other Art Style game as well, but Aquite should tide me over for now. And Bird & Beans is very likely to become my go-to "time waster" game. Whatever points I have left I might save for the next wave of releases.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

I'm sure D-Code/Decode/Code 10 will appear in the first update of the Nintendo Download. I was expecting that as well.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Good eye, ReZon. The naming of this game has been a nightmare from day one (what was wrong with sticking with Aquario?), so I guess we'll have to wait and see what's actually released. It's possible that AUS/NA will get the same game under different titles, but hopefully not very likely!

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Only Drake can settle this for good, he is the master of the database :-p

It would seem to be Aquia now though. Bloody name changes! LOL

ReZon

ReZon said:

Maybe they just wanted to give it a different name in every territory?

"We get the exclusive North American Aquia version!" Woot! :)

I'm wondering if they'll put out another game or two on Monday, April 6 as well.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

"Bird & Beans"? Is that actually what it's going to be called on DSiWare? What the heck was wrong with "Pyoro"? Especially since it seems to have retained that title in Australia...

Also, why don't we have "Paper Plane" as well? Nintendo's chance to do away with retarded and unnecessary differences between releases in different regions, and they ruined it from the starting line. Dammit. :(

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Looks like I'll be saving my points for whatever comes next, then. I hope moving memo comes out soon after launch.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I admit I was disappointed not to see Moving Memo on the list...but after it didn't appear in Australia I wasn't too surprised.

Like many others, I hope to see it soon. (And free? :) )

J_K

J_K said:

I can't say I'd be comfy messing with the camera as I hate the things so wario is out, but Pyoro and Art Style Aquario look damn tempting and it would still leave me with 300pts~ to burn if those prices stay the same in this region. Brain Age to me seems like a rip as that got old a few years back and I'd rather have the full Dr Mario package.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

When is that Moving Memo thing coming out? That looked really cool.

But I'll be getting WarioWare for sure. I've never played a WarioWare game that wasn't awsomely fun.

BJWanlund

BJWanlund said:

None at launch.

I'll be biding my time (and saving my monies for the DSi so I can buy it JUST as the retro Game Boy games hit the DSi Shop)!

BJ