DSiWare Launch Titles in Australia (and elsewhere...?)

Posted by Philip J Reed

The Australian DSi Shop is open for business. Could its contents hint at identical launch titles for EU and NA?

Just a quick run-through of the launch titles that Australia is now able to access and download on their brand-spankin'-new DSi units! Not really a very surprising launch as very similar rumors have been circulating for the past week or so, but this may be an indication of what other regions can expect as well.

First of all there's the DSi Browser (absolutely free) which will enable you to cruise the internet on your lovely new system. There's no reason whatsoever not to snag this, so go do it!

Then there's Pyoro and Paper Plane (200 Nintendo Points each), which are both beefed up versions of WarioWare mini-games. At such a low price point, these should make for very good pickups, but, as always, we will have full reviews posted as quickly as possible.

Speaking of WarioWare, there's WarioWare: Snapped! (500 Nintendo Points) available as well, and this should be an excellent buy for anybody wanting to make immediate use of the DSi's new camera, and hopefully some other features as well.

Art Style fans should also be rejoicing, as not one but two new installments are available as well. There's Art Style: Azurio (500 Nintendo Points), which is a sliding block puzzle with an aquatic theme, and Art Style: D-Code (500 Nintendo Points) which is a little more math-oriented, but doesn't seem to require anything more complicated than simple addition.

Do any of these releases tickle your fancy? Was there something you were hoping to see that you haven't gotten? Regardless of how many games (if any) you intend to download immediately, don't forget to log into the shop and collect your 1000 free Nintendo Points! You'll have only yourself to blame if you don't...

[via vooks.net]

Terra

Terra said:

Nothing that truly takes my fancy, aside from that free Internet browser of course. I think i'll hold on to my free points a little longer, unless EU get something else that's more interesting for launch but seeing that Europe and Australia have near identical release schedules, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Cipher

Cipher said:

I wonder why the OFLC rated Azurio and D-Code then rated Aquite and Code. Last-minute changes by Nintendo, or an error on the OFLC's part?

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@Cipher:
Probably not errors; I think Nintendo's been toying with the titles themselves. The Decode / D-Code change is rational enough (I guess...) but the other game has already been known as Aquario, Azurio, Aquia and Aquite. (And maybe even by another title I can't remember!)

If anyone in Australia wants to clear up the final name it was actually given, please feel free. :D

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

That totals 2100 points - dammit Nintendo! You can never be even slightly convenient, can you?

Either way, I'm glad that WarioWare and Azurio have made it, even though Pop Plus didn't - which has to be the worst part to the update.

Here's hoping the shop will be updated AT LEAST once per week from now on :)

Objection

Objection said:

Not a very exciting launch. The only things I want happen to be the freebies...the drawing/animation thing and the internet browser.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I can confirm the names of all the DSiWare games in the DSi Shop:

The three WarioWare games retain the previously-announced names, while the two Art Style games are now known as Aquite and Code. With any luck, I'll nab a copy of Aquite next week, since I bought all the WarioWare titles with nearly all 1000 of my points.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

That's it? Short list.

Well, not really. It's just that I saw in-store marketing at Gamestop that claimed there will be 13 total games and apps on the DsiWare shop at launch. Makes this list look small. Not that I'd put it past Gamestop to horribly wrong, of course. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if NA got more stuff than Australia, either. Not too long until we find out, anyway. Can't wait for midnight Saturday!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Well I'm in Australia and I plan on getting the US version anyway. But interesting line-up nonetheless, would've thought we would've at least gotten the calculator and sketch pads

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

@Toddr: slaps self My mistake - I don't know where I got those extra 200 points from xD
At least I'm a lot happier now - all I have to do is buy a 1000 point card, since I forgot that we get 1000 free as well :D

geek-master

geek-master said:

what the hell?!! they dont menchion the dsi flipbook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now im mad >:{}