- Release Date
- 23rd Nov 2009, 800 points (USA)
- 2nd Apr 2010, 800 points (UK/EU)
- 9th Jun 2009, 800 points (JPN)
Wii U eShop
- 19th Jun 2013, ¥800 (JPN)
- 27th Mar 2014, £5.49 (UK/EU)
- 6th Aug 2014, $7.99 (USA)
- 27th Aug 1992 (JPN)
- 1st Sep 1992 (USA)
- 21st Jan 1993 (UK/EU)
- 17th Mar 2016, £7.19/€7.99 (UK/EU)
- 24th Mar 2016, $7.99 (USA)
- Mario Kart, Mario
About This Game
Start your engines for the original, legendary Super Mario Kart! Consistently ranked as one of the best video games ever made, it launched the kart racing genre and spawned five smash hit sequels.
Choose from eight of your favourite Mushroom Kingdom characters – from familiar faces like Mario and Bowser, to Donkey Kong Jr. in his only Mario Kart appearance.
Burn rubber across tracks rendered in fluid Mode 7 graphics, including many courses that still feature in Mario Kart games today; like Mario Circuit, Bowser Castle, Koopa Beach and the infamous Rainbow Road!
Race solo against the CPU, go head-to-head in split-screen, and experience the original version of Battle Mode – the great multiplayer favourite. And it wouldn't be Mario Kart without the sublime controls; power sliding is still as fun now as it ever was!