Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 501 to 520 of 732

Don

Is the European version playable on American Wii U? I can't wait the 4 months to play the game, it's too long.

Don

Grumblevolcano

Don wrote:

Is the European version playable on American Wii U? I can't wait the 4 months to play the game, it's too long.

No, all Wii U games are region locked.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Don

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Don wrote:

No, all Wii U games are region locked.

Oh ok thank you for the info.

Don

Shy_Guy

4 months is a long time.... Why Nintendo!!

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Datasun_7

The difficulty in 1-S really took me by surprise! Got 100% in the rest of world 1 but the S is quite a big spike in difficulty, probably just me that feels this way though I have barely any experience with the yoshi franchise really

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Geonjaha

Datasun_7 wrote:

The difficulty in 1-S really took me by surprise! Got 100% in the rest of world 1 but the S is quite a big spike in difficulty, probably just me that feels this way though I have barely any experience with the yoshi franchise really

The bonus levels are always the hardest - usually at least as high as the final world.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Budda

Datasun_7 wrote:

... Just wait for the other S levels. 1-S is nothing compared to them.. At last if you want to 100% them.
I don't know why, but they totally remind me of the Tropical Freeze special stages.

Edit: Just noticed the name of a level. "Feel Fuzzy, Get Clingy"
This level is as cool as the level it refers to. (Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy - SMW2 Yoshi's Island) <3
So much throwbacks in this game. There are more, btw.. I love it.. ^^

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

OorWullie

Datasun_7 wrote:

You're not the only one,I was struggling on it earlier and I like to think of myself as a Yoshi's Island aficionado In fact, I've still to beat Koopa Fort on World 2-4.Trying to get all the collectables between those far apart checkpoints with Koopas everywhere is pretty tough.I must have replayed that section 10 times at least.Going to put it on now and beat it.The game is fantastic and without doubt one of the most beautiful games I've seen.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Henmii

"The difficulty in 1-S really took me by surprise!"

You are not the only one! I found it pretty tricky too. Not hair-rippingly hard, but still a very good challenge. When I finished the level without everything found (I missed some things), I did it again. But this time with the infinite watermelon badge (I could use it for free). Makes things easier, though I felt like I could have done it without it (If I really tried). Good to hear that the other special levels are even harder!

Henmii

kkslider5552000

NintyMan wrote:

Tezuka in an interview with GameInformer:

• After the reception to Yoshi's New Island, Tezuka realized the Yoshi series had fans that span many different groups and that he had to make sure Yoshi's Woolly World would cater to both the casual and hardcore gamers

Translation: We realized giving Yoshi games to the hacks at Artoon (or whatever they're called now) might be a terrible idea.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Andyliini

Artrez, actually. And even with that, they are probably just same company that AQ Interactive kicked out when they engulfed both Artoon and Feelplus.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

CaptainToad777

should get it tomorrow - cant wait to play it - loved epic yarn

CaptainToad777

Octane

Yesterday I beat the first world, and I can tell you that's it's way more difficult than I imagined. Completing the game is going to be a challenge, a DKC level of challenge.

Octane

CaptainToad777

Octane wrote:

Yesterday I beat the first world, and I can tell you that's it's way more difficult than I imagined. Completing the game is going to be a challenge, a DKC level of challenge.

that s good to hear!!!

CaptainToad777

SuperWiiU

Octane wrote:

That's weird. Pretty much all reviews I read said it was very easy. The only challenge would be for item collecting.

erv

SuperWiiU wrote:

Octane wrote:

That's weird. Pretty much all reviews I read said it was very easy. The only challenge would be for item collecting.

Reviews want to be out there as quick as possible, so they run through the game efficiently. If getting to the end screen is a definition of finishing a game for a review, then that's what happens - you got there easily, so they will repeat each others rethoric claiming it's easy.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

SuperWiiU wrote:

Octane wrote:

Well, if you're rushing through the game without collecting anything, it's not that difficult. I think the game is comparable to the DKC series in terms of diffculty. Rushing through the game is relatively easy, but collecting everything is brutal in some levels.

Octane

OorWullie

Octane wrote:

There is a level in World 2 where you'll notice the difficulty ramps up considerably,I wont tell you which one but you'll know the one I mean when you play it .Checkpoints are pretty far apart so collecting everything and getting to the last checkpoint is a fair old challenge.I lost count of the amount of times I died and at one point had to turn it off or else my Gamepad would have died a horrible death.I'm half way through World 4 just now,fantastic game.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic