Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 732

Octane

OorWullie wrote:

Octane wrote:

Yesterday I beat the first world, and I can tell you that's it's way more difficult than I imagined. Completing the game is going to be a challenge, a DKC level of challenge.

There is a level in World 2 where you'll notice the difficulty ramps up considerably,I wont tell you which one but you'll know the one I mean when you play it .Checkpoints are pretty far apart so collecting everything and getting to the last checkpoint is a fair old challenge.I lost count of the amount of times I died and at one point had to turn it off or else my Gamepad would have died a horrible death.I'm half way through World 4 just now,fantastic game.

I just beat World 2. I gave up on collecting everything at once, I'll get what I can get, and I will return later for the rest.

You're talking about 2-6, right? That pyramid level? I died at least 10 times on that level, it took me a while to figure out that you can stand on those numbered blocks. I thought they were timed, so I rushed that part, and with all those bats, it was a nightmare.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

Octane wrote:

Yesterday I beat the first world, and I can tell you that's it's way more difficult than I imagined. Completing the game is going to be a challenge, a DKC level of challenge.

There is a level in World 2 where you'll notice the difficulty ramps up considerably,I wont tell you which one but you'll know the one I mean when you play it .Checkpoints are pretty far apart so collecting everything and getting to the last checkpoint is a fair old challenge.I lost count of the amount of times I died and at one point had to turn it off or else my Gamepad would have died a horrible death.I'm half way through World 4 just now,fantastic game.

I just beat World 2. I gave up on collecting everything at once, I'll get what I can get, and I will return later for the rest.

You're talking about 2-6, right? That pyramid level? I died at least 10 times on that level, it took me a while to figure out that you can stand on those numbered blocks. I thought they were timed, so I rushed that part, and with all those bats, it was a nightmare.

2-6 is the lava level, 2-7 is the pyramid. I'm definitely finding a significant increase in difficulty at each -7 level.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

[quote=OorWullie][quote=Octane]

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

2-6 is the lava level, 2-7 is the pyramid. I'm definitely finding a significant increase in difficulty at each -7 level.

Yep,that's the one.You done better than me,I was probably closer to 20 times haha

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

I just beat the game...

...and the final boss was a lot easier than I expected, there was barely a level preceding Baby Bowser, and the fight itself was cakewalk as well.

Now it's time to go back and collect everything.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

jump

@Octane your spoilers aren't in right.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Octane wrote:

@arronishere: Already fixed them.

Yeah sorry, between reading you post and replying you had already fixed it but I couldn't be bothered to delete my post, the delete button was just too far out of the way.

The Famitsu score are in...9/8/8/9.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TulipWaltz

Does anyone know if the soundtrack has been announced to be available anywhere at any point? I NEED IT IN MY LIFE.

TulipWaltz

SKTTR

I think Yoshi's Woolly World is much easier than DKC: Tropical Freeze any way you put it.
If you just wanna beat Yoshi, it's way easier, and if you wanna complete it, it's a lot easier than completing DKC:TT.

1. In Yoshi you don't need to collect everything in one go. You can collect a single flower/yarn/stamp and it will be saved when finishing the stage. No need to go back and collect it again. In DKC:TT you have to find all KONG letters in one go!

2. In Yoshi you can switch back and forth between EASY (can hover infinitely) and CLASSIC. DKC:TT has no such option.
In Yoshi you can also pay with gems to skip a stage. Again, no such option in DKC:TT.

3. Yoshi's level design is awesome but not very difficult, same with its controls. It's easy to learn and master. DKC:TT's level design and controls are for platforming veterans, especially when trying to find all secrets. Furthermore, Shiny Gold time trial medals are for pros only. Yoshi doesn't have that kind of challenge.

4. In Yoshi you have unlimited lives. In DKC:TT you have a limited amount.

I wouldn't recommend DKC:TT to beginners, but for core players in need of a brutal challenge.
Yoshi is easily recommended for everyone. I wouldn't say it's the easiest game ever, but it's perfectly balanced and the secrets/collectibles are enjoyable to discover.

I completed everything up to world 4, so things may change later on. But I don't expect its difficulty to ramp up, and definately not up to DKC:TT's level.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Octane

@SKTTR: Completing the stages with 20 hearts is pretty difficult, especially later in the game.

Octane

SKTTR

The first three worlds were not that hard completing 100% except for W3-Special, an autoscroller with no checkpoints.

I use the free items that pop up once in a while like "Endless melon supply", "Show hidden clouds" and "No dying from pits" to find flowers, wool, and gems I missed the first time.

Really enjoying this game, that Yoshi's Cookie cameo, getting to the Smash Bros. stage, that dog, all the birds, and all the monkeys, the beautiful level design, the great soundtrack, guessing which Yoshi you get for collecting all wool, and many other things.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TylerTheCreator

I'm really jealous of you guys. The game doesn't come out until October in North America. Why? The game looks super-duper cool! And cute.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

DefHalan

TylerTheCreator wrote:

I'm really jealous of you guys. The game doesn't come out until October in North America. Why? The game looks super-duper cool! And cute.

we did get Kirby Rainbow Curse and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker months before them, if I remember correctly. Plus my wallet could use a break lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

@DefHalan: Treasure Tracker was given a "soft release" very soon after the NA date and Rainbow Curse's NA date already had quite a few things surrounding it so is a lesser blow than Woolly World which would've given a break from nothing but Splatoon.

The key thing to look out for now is the huge updates next month. Smash will finally have tournaments after 10 months of waiting, you will finally be able to create a team of friends in Splatoon (in addition to most likely Rainmaker). Who knows, maybe we'll even see some more Hyrule Warriors content.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Henmii

As for the bosses: The Nintendolife reviewer wasn't very fond of them. But I think they are pretty fun, even if you only have to hit them 3 times and some of them appear several times (but always with a new trick). The endboss is a bit dissapointing though.

You guys don't have to worry about the lenght: I am more then 27 hours in and still haven't found everything.

Update: There, finished it 100%

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

bluemage1989

Bought both this and Kirby this year and while Kirby felt more unique and this more by the numbers I still loved both. There's a lot to be said for a game that can deliver solid platforming and a great world and art style it may not be the most innovative but that doesn't stop it being great fun.

bluemage1989

Octane

@Pahvi: I don't think it's really fair to compare the two like that. Both use the yarn visuals as an aesthetic component, and neither game does a lot of things with the yarn that couldn't have been done without it (and to be fair, I can't really imagine how the yarn could've changed the gameplay even more). Perhaps Epic Yarn feels more distinct from the rest of the series, but as you said, that's probably because it didn't start out as a Kirby game. Woolly World takes the good parts from previous Yoshi games and combines them in a single game, it's a solid platformer and offers more challenge than Epic Yarn. I think it depends on what you're looking for in a game. I don't think that either one is necessarily better than the other, because apart from the yarn theme, the games have little in common.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic