Wii U Forum

Topic: Why?

Showing 21 to 40 of 64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

21. Posted:

Knux wrote:

The only real games I see on the Wii U are Call of Duty: Black Ops II and the upcoming Ghosts. The rest of the games on the Wii U are utter crap.

... lol I can't tell if you're being serious.

Anyway, even though I believe Angry Birds heralds the end of gaming for all of mankind, you have to admit that it sells a ton of copies no matter what system it's on, so the decision to put it on the Wii U doesn't really perplex me. Do I wish they didn't have to do it? Definitely. But I do understand it as a business move.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

22. Posted:

Beevdog wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

KingJoonToon wrote:

Im hoping once Nintendo have there act together (now they know how long and resources needed to make HD games) im sure there will be plenty of games from both 1st and 3rd parties.

Or they can remake every GameCube game into HD and slap "New" on it, and call it a day.
You know how much Nintendo care about money..err fans!

I agree they make enough crap apps and post them on the Apple store for tablets, Nintendo don't need those games. Nintendo will bring the awesome games the fans want.

KingJoon Toon, there is nothing wrong a with a remake and you seem to know so little about the gaming industry.

Woah? what the hell? Where did i say there was something wrong with HD remakes? Back off with the attacks.... Completely unwarranted!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

23. Posted:

Might not be a bad party game on a console- IMO, Nintendo should do something like this for its eShop/Mobile strategy......Have mario launch sonic? Starfox launch Diddy Kong? that would sell.

rallydefault wrote:

Knux wrote:

The only real games I see on the Wii U are Call of Duty: Black Ops II and the upcoming Ghosts. The rest of the games on the Wii U are utter crap.

... lol I can't tell if you're being serious.

Anyway, even though I believe Angry Birds heralds the end of gaming for all of mankind, you have to admit that it sells a ton of copies no matter what system it's on, so the decision to put it on the Wii U doesn't really perplex me. Do I wish they didn't have to do it? Definitely. But I do understand it as a business move.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheXboxHero

24. Posted:

Don't lose hope yet. With many great games coming out later this year, Wii U will get back on its feet.

TheXboxHero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

25. Posted:

ngamer155 wrote:

Don't lose hope yet. With many great games coming out later this year, Wii U will get back on its feet.

Oh, without a doubt! Starting with Pikmin 3 I'm going to have plenty of reasons each month to hop from my PC back to the Wii U. Although Dota 2 is really consuming my gaming time lately haha

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

26. Posted:

For real, just received my Pikmin 3 today, the game is over. I finally have confirmation Nintendo is supporting this platform. Then, for me, August is Wonderful 101, September is Splinter Cell: Blacklist, October is Sonic Lost World, November is Call of Duty: Ghosts, December...

Finally some Wii U retail games, I've been busying myself with Wii games, VCs and indie games, I can now start consider my console be the premium experience.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Obito_Tennyson

27. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Or they can remake every GameCube game into HD and slap "New" on it, and call it a day.
You know how much Nintendo care about money..err fans!

Actually I'd love a Melee remake in HD and with online. :I

...or you could just release it for the Virtual Console and then make a new Super Smash Bros. with the same features and characters from Melee but with a lot more characters, stages, and gameplay...

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-5497-3062 | Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter: Obito_Tennyson

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

28. Posted:

It fattens up game catalogues. I've had fun with a few bargain bin rejects.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

29. Posted:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

...or you could just release it for the Virtual Console and then make a new Super Smash Bros. with the same features and characters from Melee but with a lot more characters, stages, and gameplay...

That's impossible. Whenever a game is put on virtual console, it is unmodified from the original. That's why all of the glitches from old games stay!

Edited on by theblackdragon

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

30. Posted:

Nobody is forcing you to buy all of the games. Problem solved.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

31. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Wii U should be lucky that its getting any games at all.
Angry Birds is still the best game on the Wii U, its only game worth getting the Wii U for.

I agree 100%. And I'm not trolling.

You're a mess.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

32. Posted:

easy because due to the lack of competition for real games those games stand for a better chance of being bought in the Wii U than in other consoles plus they are cheap games to begin with so they are also cheap to port

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

33. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

For real, just received my Pikmin 3 today, the game is over. I finally have confirmation Nintendo is supporting this platform. Then, for me, August is Wonderful 101, September is Splinter Cell: Blacklist, October is Sonic Lost World, November is Call of Duty: Ghosts, December...

Finally some Wii U retail games, I've been busying myself with Wii games, VCs and indie games, I can now start consider my console be the premium experience.

That's very encouraging to hear! I'm definitely downloading my copy as soon as it hits the eShop. This is exciting!

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

34. Posted:

Because!

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

35. Posted:

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

36. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

easy because due to the lack of competition for real games those games stand for a better chance of being bought in the Wii U than in other consoles plus they are cheap games to begin with so they are also cheap to port

Not even that. The game the OP was complaining about, Angry Birds Trilogy, is coming to PS3, 360, 3DS, Wii and Wii U. On the other end of the spectrum it's also getting the big AAA multiplatforms like Assassin's Creed and CoD. So that's not the problem. The "problem" is that it's not getting quality third party exclusives and it's not getting the quality multiplatforms that aren't massive sellers.

So when we look at the shelf of new Wii U games it's first party content, massive games every console has, tiny games every console has and a massive hole where the Tomb Raiders and Bioshocks would have been. That hole makes the shovelware look bigger than it actually is.... but it's not really that much bigger at all.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

37. Posted:

Is it just to much to ask Nintendo, all i want is the Donkey Kong Country games on the Wii U VC. I know Tropical Freeze is coming which i'm buying day one, i want the whole series on my Wii U to play as i wish.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

38. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Is it just to much to ask Nintendo, all i want is the Donkey Kong Country games on the Wii U VC. I know Tropical Freeze is coming which i'm buying day one, i want the whole series on my Wii U to play as i wish.

lol and I want the entire Zelda series on my 3DS, but we don't always get what we want. ;3

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

39. Posted:

Nintendo truly dropped the ball, but in all fairness, this season wasn't as ugly as last season. Next month is:
Splinter Cell Blacklist: A game "meant for Wii U"
Rayman Legends: If its anything like Origins, expect greatness
Disney Universe
Ducktales Remastered
Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara
Spin the Bottle
Giana Sisters

And thats not including the surprise VC roundup, Pokemon Rumble U, and Pikmin 3.

Also: I'm pretty sure we don't have any Donkey Kong Land, and Country games is because of an expired contract with Rare.

Edited on by Birthday_Boy

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

40. Posted:

swordx wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Wii U should be lucky that its getting any games at all.
Angry Birds is still the best game on the Wii U, its only game worth getting the Wii U for.

Umm I'd rate Angry Birds as 3/10. I'd rate Nintendo Land as 9/10 (that game is awesome!), soooo...ummm...yeah you're wrong. Angry Birds is even worse than new COD games.

@Knux

COD is shovelware. Go play old COD games and you'll realize how bad new games are. Pikmin 3 is sooooo much better.

Ho! The Nintendo Force is strong with this one!

(Ah, see what I did there? ;) )

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Sorry, this topic has been locked.