Forums

Topic: Ubisoft States That The Wii U Couldn't Handle AC Unity, You Would Feel Cheated By A Lesser Version

Posts 141 to 160 of 173

RoryLee

"Ubisoft States That The Wii U Couldn't Handle AC Unity, You Would Feel Cheated By A Lesser Version"

I guess the other consoles couldn't handle it either.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

skywake

MikeLove wrote:

ITT: Nintendo fans nitpicking and criticizing a game that is not coming to the Wii U in an attempt to make themselves feel better

Not everyone is a single platform gamer. I'm actually pretty annoyed that the PC version is as broken as it is given that I was fairly tempted to grab it for PC. The fact that Ubisoft went on a PR rant about how "it's too much of a game for the Wii U to handle" is just an additional bit of salt in the wounds. It all makes sense now.

Also as of right now most of the new the games that look and run decently are for my Wii U and 3DS not my cost-more-than-both-combined PC. Which isn't a good thing for someone who just spent a fair amount of cash upgrading their PC. When I said I was going to protest by not giving Ubisoft any money? I was looking at the weekend deal on Steam for Far Cry 3. So don't go making assumptions.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Storytime7

MikeLove wrote:

ITT: Nintendo fans nitpicking and criticizing a game that is not coming to the Wii U in an attempt to make themselves feel better

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't need to criticize this game to feel better about it not coming to Wii U. Watching the protagonist glitch through the floor and seeing NPCs interrupt cutscenes speaks for itself.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

MikeLove

midnafanboy wrote:

MikeLove wrote:

Nah it makes me feel better knowing this game was rushed and it turned Assassins Creed into a glitch fest piece of crap @Beetlejuice or whatever the hell your name is now.By the way this game is next gen, the Wiiu can't handle these amazing glitches.

It most certainly can! It has it's own glitch-fest filled with game breaking bugs, Sonic Boom!!

Now feel free to carry on with your hypocritical circle jerk!

MikeLove

HawkeyeWii

As much as I'd like it on Wii U, I heard it was alright in comparison to the other entries. I would also much rather play Super Smash Bros. Bayonetta 2, or Mario Kart instead of it.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

creeprtrainer52

its ubisoft what do you expect more than lies and the urge to stab the ubisoft people.

creeprtrainer52

skywake

MikeLove wrote:

It most certainly can! It has it's own glitch-fest filled with game breaking bugs, Sonic Boom!!

And there is a pretty lengthy thread making a point about how bad that game is. What's your point? These games shouldn't have been released in that state, it's an industry wide problem. No need to get all superior pretending that this is just a "Nintendo fanboy circlejerk". The same comments and threads are on gaming forums for every platform.

Edited on by skywake

MsJubilee

MikeLove wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

MikeLove wrote:

Nah it makes me feel better knowing this game was rushed and it turned Assassins Creed into a glitch fest piece of crap @Beetlejuice or whatever the hell your name is now.By the way this game is next gen, the Wiiu can't handle these amazing glitches.

Got me there but still it's a sonic game, that game was totally going to be full of glitches, it had glitches in the demo's at E3!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Edie

MikeLove wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

MikeLove wrote:

I don't mean to be nasty but from what I have seen of your posts they are always so negative regarding Nintendo and it's consoles and games. Why join a Nintendo forum just to be negative all the time? I'm really sorry if this makes me sound like a bad person but it really gets me down to constantly read your posts and you have nothing good to say. I apologize if I am mistaken but this is how it seems to me from what I have seen.

Edie

kkslider5552000

Even ignoring glitches, "a lesser version" seems to describe this game. Less effort, less creativity, less QA, less worthwhile.

The series really should've taken a break. Or at least release an Assassin's Creed game that doesn't play like Assassin's Creed instead of also having the spinoff games play like Assassin's Creed. I don't get that...I mean I kinda do because the Vita was trying to be a handheld equivalent of a PS3 practically so they wanted a console-like experience, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work out. I was feeling fatigue by the series despite 3 and 4 actually doing new things, so this just seems like the most boring game. It's just Assassin's Creed but with co-op no one was asking for. Why did we need a new game this year? With Assassin's Creed Rogue and Far Cry 4 so close during the busiest season of the year, was this necessary for any reason?

As someone who has been with the series since the beginning, I'm really mixed on this. I'm very sad and disappointed that Assassin's Creed fell to such greed, but on the other hand, it feels kinda deserved. You deserve to be the joke of the industry when you do this to a franchise. It is disrespectful to gamers, it is disrespectful to the small nation Ubisoft pays to make these games and it is disrespectful to anyone who has respect for gaming as an art form.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Discostew

MikeLove wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

MikeLove wrote:

So you chose to be the very thing you attacked others for doing. Good job. You've now become worse than those you criticized.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

MsJubilee

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Even ignoring glitches, "a lesser version" seems to describe this game. Less effort, less creativity, less QA, less worthwhile.

The series really should've taken a break. Or at least release an Assassin's Creed game that doesn't play like Assassin's Creed instead of also having the spinoff games play like Assassin's Creed. I don't get that...I mean I kinda do because the Vita was trying to be a handheld equivalent of a PS3 practically so they wanted a console-like experience, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work out. I was feeling fatigue by the series despite 3 and 4 actually doing new things, so this just seems like the most boring game. It's just Assassin's Creed but with co-op no one was asking for. Why did we need a new game this year? With Assassin's Creed Rogue and Far Cry 4 so close during the busiest season of the year, was this necessary for any reason?

As someone who has been with the series since the beginning, I'm really mixed on this. I'm very sad and disappointed that Assassin's Creed fell to such greed, but on the other hand, it feels kinda deserved. You deserve to be the joke of the industry when you do this to a franchise. It is disrespectful to gamers, it is disrespectful to the small nation Ubisoft pays to make these games and it is disrespectful to anyone who has respect for gaming as an art form.

Until Assassins creed stop selling millions then Ubisoft will stop,till then get ready for another one next year.And hearing Ubisoft saying next year" Now this is a next gen Assassins creed game."And everyone will know it's just a sad lie.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

The biggest contrast is that this game launched on the same day that the Mario Kart DLC came out. So there's this unpolished, low framerate, glitchy mess with micro-transactions built in from Ubisoft. All while Nintendo releases some fairly generous DLC that's polished and runs very smoothly. So yeah, you know what? This does have something to do with Nintendo. Nintendo are treating us well while Ubisoft tries to find more and more efficient ways to screw us over.

Dave24

So now Ubisoft is evil? Because what, they released another glitchy game that they will likely patch, like they did with past 2 games?

No matter what you say about them, they are still better than Bugthesda

Dave24

Grumblevolcano

Dave24 wrote:

So now Ubisoft is evil? Because what, they released another glitchy game that they will likely patch, like they did with past 2 games?

I think requiring a smartphone app to open chests is evil enough.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dave24

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Dave24 wrote:

I think requiring a smartphone app to open chests is evil enough.

Something very similiar was done in GTA V - from what I know, it turned out to be success. So I guess Rockstar/2K are evil too

And Bughtesda is kinda guilty of it too - if you wanted map in Dishonored (in my opinion pointless, but some people were complaining), you had to download app too.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

kkslider5552000

Dave24 wrote:

Did Bethesda make idiotic and frequently false statements for every mistake they've made? If not, point goes to Bethesda. (and Bethesda games are more ambitious, let's be honest)

Ubisoft is gonna be a decent part of that 2014 thread I'm planning.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dave24

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Did Bethesda make idiotic and frequently false statements for every mistake they've made?

Under what rock were you living in?
Yes. Like PS3 is the best version of Skyrim and extra care was put. Like "we've got new engine for Skyrim", which was complete lie, Sony had to come in and fix their mess, that's how "great" they are. Delayed DLC. All the PR disaster. Patches that don't even fix the biggest problems in the game. Unfinishable quest in Oblivion. Fallout New Vegas being unplayable after 40 hrs. And the list can go on and on.

Dave24

Punished_Boss_84

RoryLee wrote:

"Ubisoft States That The Wii U Couldn't Handle AC Unity, You Would Feel Cheated By A Lesser Version"

I guess the other consoles couldn't handle it either.

Ha ha ha.

Well seeing as this thread went in several places, should I rename it the Assassins Creed Unity thread?

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

CaviarMeths

midnafanboy wrote:

@Beetlejuice or whatever the hell your name is now.

Ah.

That explains a few things, such as the utterly bizarre "a little over 8 million" sales prediction for post-holiday Wii U LTD, the weirdly antagonistic attitude, and pretending that this 13-page thread about how much Sonic Boom sucks doesn't exist.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.