Forums

Topic: Ubisoft States That The Wii U Couldn't Handle AC Unity, You Would Feel Cheated By A Lesser Version

Posts 161 to 173 of 173

MikeLove

SpookyMeths wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

@Beetlejuice or whatever the hell your name is now.

Ah.

That explains a few things, such as the utterly bizarre "a little over 8 million" sales prediction for post-holiday Wii U LTD, the weirdly antagonistic attitude, and pretending that this 13-page thread about how much Sonic Boom sucks doesn't exist.

You think Predators is a better movie than the original. Therefore your personal opinions on anything cannot be taken seriously, but I will bite anyway...

My 8-9 million sales prediction will be a hell of a lot closer to reality than the other guy's "11-12 million" sales estimate!

And how was I pretending that Sonic Boom tread didn't exist? A guy was acting like Nintendo was above having a glitch filled game on their console, and I was merely pointing out that's not the case.

MikeLove

Jazzer94

I've been wondering why some of you guys A) Care so much about Unity and B) Ubisoft seeing as I keep seeing comments along the line of I don't care or want to buy Ubi games all the time yet everyone constantly talks about them, just wondering.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Edie

Jazzer94 wrote:

I've been wondering why some of you guys A) Care so much about Unity and B) Ubisoft seeing as I keep seeing comments along the line of I don't care or want to buy Ubi games all the time yet everyone constantly talks about them, just wondering.

I for one had not heard of "Assassins Creed" before this thread. I may have seen it on Amazon I think but took no notice of it before. I am new to gaming I only just bought my Wii U and have thus far gaming exclusively with Nintendo.

For me I don't care about Unity but it's obvious some people are a little defensive of the Wii U at the moment because it get's picked on from what I have seen by the American/British gaming press. I don't think it's where anyone who is a Nintendo fan or Nintendo themselves would want it to be in terms of sales numbers and third party support either.

However from what I know the Wii U is less powerful than the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. If I'm not mistaken it also has different architecture like Apple computers compared PCs before Apple switched to Intel.

The Wii U probably couldn't handle "Unity". Even if it could to get the best results on the Wii U would require more than just a simple port from the other platforms no? Combined with what seems a rather not quite tested game Ubisoft either just couldn't get the game to run on the Wii U's hardware in the first place remember it's not on the last gen consoles either or they didn't think it was worth the effort risk reward ratio.

MikeLove wrote:

And how was I pretending that Sonic Boom tread didn't exist? A guy was acting like Nintendo was above having a glitch filled game on their console, and I was merely pointing out that's not the case.

I may be wrong here but Sonic Boom was not made by Nintendo so it was not up to them to insure it was glitch free before release was it? By that logic we should be blaming the Assassins Creed problems on Sony and Microsoft and not Ubisoft...

Edie

Edited on by Edie

Edie

MrGawain

I really don't have a problem with AC not being on the Wii U, besides not caring for the game I agree it doesn't fit Nintendo's image. No one is crying Candy Crush isn't on the PS4 because it isn't aimed at that demographic. If you want Candy Crush you buy it on a smartphone, if you want Mario and Zelda you buy Nintendo, if you want COD and AC in varying frame rates and p's you buy a Playbox or an Xstation.

What the bigger debate should be is how do Ubisoft get away with recycling the same framework of a game into AC, Far Cry, ZombiU, Watchdogs and Tom Clancy games, and how underbaked they are technically, narratively, and gameplay wise? And continue adding extra charges?!?!

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

skywake

MikeLove wrote:

My 8-9 million sales prediction will be a hell of a lot closer to reality than the other guy's "11-12 million" sales estimate!

Selective listening at it's best. I said 10mill by the end of the year was likely but something as high as 12, while insane, shouldn't be ruled out entirely if everything goes their way. Which you thought was insane despite the obvious qualifiers in that statement. When queried as to what number was reasonable you and others said 8mill. Which would mean they'd have to sell at the same rate they have been during the non-holiday period this year without Smash. Which is even more ludicrous.

And here again there's a similar reaction. Yes that one small corner of a statement one guy made in jest was maybe at face value not entirely reasonable. However to then say that all of the comments ragging on Ubisoft in this thread were part of some sort of pro-Nintendo circle jerk? That takes it to the other extreme. An extreme that is even more ridiculous than the statement you were having a go at. So get over it.

Jazzer94 wrote:

If it wasn't for the fact that the games could be good I wouldn't care. The fact that they've taken something decent and turned it into this? That's what I'm pissed about. Especially with the nonsense PR about 30fps being "cinematic", the Wii U not being "capable" enough for their garbage and on the PC side the ridiculous spec requirements. All of it was PR to cover up the fact that their game was not ready for release.

I have a brand new ~$300 graphics card in my PC, according to benchmarks it will average under 20fps running Assassin's Creed Unity at 1080p. That same card, also according to benchmarks, will average something closer to 100fps without ever dropping under 60fps with CoD:Advance Warfare at 1080p. So yeah, I'm annoyed. Especially when I'm really into games like Assassin's Creed and don't really care about games like CoD at all. Spent a grand on a new PC and all the best new games I want to play are on the Wii U.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Jazzer94

Wasn't really directing the question at you @skywake as I know you're an AC fan and have a gaming PC and yes Ubi f'd the PC port hard you need some kind of monster machine to get it at around 60fps. My question was directed at the members that I know don't have a console that Unity is on and constantly say they couldn't care less about Ubi.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

MsJubilee

Jazzer94 wrote:

Wasn't really directing the question at you skywake as I know you're an AC fan and have a gaming PC and yes Ubi f'd the PC port hard you need some kind of monster machine to get it at around 60fps. My question was directed at the members that I know don't have a console that Unity is on and constantly say they couldn't care less about Ubi.

Well the reason i care about Unity cause its sad that a great franchise now has turned into a money grabbing glitch fest.Oh and i have an Xbox One for third party games and such if you were wondering.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

I think everyone is annoyed about this for the same reasons. If you own a Wii U though you're even more annoyed given that they've been also screwing us over. It's even more obvious to us when we're able to see Nintendo is doing.

Edited on by skywake

MikeLove

skywake wrote:

However to then say that all of the comments ragging on Ubisoft in this thread were part of some sort of pro-Nintendo circle jerk? That takes it to the other extreme. An extreme that is even more ridiculous than the statement you were having a go at. So get over it.

Hahaha, was I wrong? I posted one snide response, and it elicited a dozen or so emotional replies. Obviously there was some truth to what I was saying, as it seems to have struck a nerve with many people.

Lots of companies make crappy games. Many guys here seem to be taking this as a personal insult from Ubisoft. It's bizarre.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

Dezzy

Dave24 wrote:

Under what rock were you living in?
Yes. Like PS3 is the best version of Skyrim and extra care was put. Like "we've got new engine for Skyrim", which was complete lie, Sony had to come in and fix their mess, that's how "great" they are. Delayed DLC. All the PR disaster. Patches that don't even fix the biggest problems in the game. Unfinishable quest in Oblivion. Fallout New Vegas being unplayable after 40 hrs. And the list can go on and on.

How did they lie about having a new engine for Skyrim?

midnafanboy wrote:

Well the reason i care about Unity cause its sad that a great franchise now has turned into a money grabbing glitch fest.Oh and i have an Xbox One for third party games and such if you were wondering.

Lol, that and about 10 other AAA franchises. Very few of the big developers seem to be able to maintain a sense of artistic priority when they get to these kinds of levels of business. Part of the reason that companies like Nintendo and Apple are so valuable is that they don't compromise their principles for money. Not as much anyway.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Yoshi_Prime

You know, just because there are other games that have problems doesn't mean we can't talk about this game that has problems. We have the freedom as humans to talk about how bad all these games are, together, in terrible harmony. This topic is about how bad AC: Unity is. There's a topic about how bad Sonic Boom is. I'm sure there can be a topic about Bethesda does stuff. And even a topic about ObScure: The Aftermath- oh, I think that's just me.

I don't think anyone is taking anything personally. It's just a general discussion about some very poor decisions by people who want us to pay money for their work. Now, group hug everyone.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

Jazzer94

skywake wrote:

I think everyone is annoyed about this for the same reasons. If you own a Wii U though you're even more annoyed given that they've been also screwing us over. It's even more obvious to us when we're able to see Nintendo is doing.

You could also look at it as them having some of the strongest if not the strongest Wii U 3rd party support most of which fell flat, I just find it strange how incredibly bitter people are about Ubisoft when they put out more Wii U games then Capcom, Konami, EA, Bethesda and Rockstar combined.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

skywake

MikeLove wrote:

Hahaha, was I wrong? I posted one snide response, and it elicited a dozen or so emotional replies. Obviously there was some truth to what I was saying, as it seems to have struck a nerve with many people. Lots of companies make crappy games. Many guys here seem to be taking this as a personal insult from Ubisoft. It's bizarre.

Lots of companies make crappy games but it's rare that a series which has been fantastic falls this hard. Especially when it's from one of the biggest developers in the world who has been throwing out buckets of PR to cover up for a good year. So yeah, there is a thread even on a Nintendo forum where people are pissed off about it. There are threads on every gaming forum with people pissed off about it. What's the big deal? Do you somehow lose the right to complain when you own a Wii U or something? Because I didn't get the memo.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.