Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,661 to 18,680 of 27,917

Moshugan

This must've been asked for a lot of times, but why on earth is there no Game+Adapter+Controller -bundle for Smash Wii U in Europe?? Is that particular bundle US only?

The only Smash Wii U bundle I've managed to find is just Game+Adapter. You'll have to buy the controller separately... for a full price. -_-

EDIT: Fortunately I got three official GC-controllers that still work fine (and one third party which does the job ) but I would've liked one with the Smash logo. :3

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

CapeSmash

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

NEW STAGE LEAKED

FLAT ZONE FROM MELEE IS BACK YES. It's a lot better than Flat Zone 2.

Also, can we talk about how amazing PM 3.5 is? Or is it against that rules to talk about homebrew?

You sure? I saw that Flat Zone 2 was returning from Brawl and 3DS.

FZ2 is in Smash Wii U, and so is FZ1.

Untitled

@NintendoFan64 Alright. thnx

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo6400

SockoMario wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

NEW STAGE LEAKED

FLAT ZONE FROM MELEE IS BACK YES. It's a lot better than Flat Zone 2.

Also, can we talk about how amazing PM 3.5 is? Or is it against that rules to talk about homebrew?

You sure? I saw that Flat Zone 2 was returning from Brawl and 3DS.

FZ2 is in Smash Wii U, and so is FZ1.

Untitled

@NintendoFan64 Alright. thnx

Although, I don't like spoilers this does make me happy to see that a melee stage has returned that wasn't present in brawl.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Didn't they say that posts will be hand picked for the Miiverse stage, and that's why it wouldn't be ready at launch? I don't see why everyone is so concerned about it....

This. There's nothing to worry about for the Miiverse stage, everyone.

Never the less, Bikini Day should be interesting for them when they have to find something that's appropriate...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

FriedSquid

So I guess our next wave of amiibos will look something like this (if this hasn't already been said) :

Zero Suit Samus
Palutena
Robin
Charizard
Greninja
Olimar and Pikmin
Pac-Man
Lucina (probably)

If that's our next wave, I'll probably get Robin, Charizard, Pac-Man, and Lucina.

I would also like to think there would be a final wave of the secret characters around late spring, that way Mewtwo's amiibo could also be released once he's available. (it would make sense to add him to a wave around that time, unless there are more DLC characters and we see an even later 'DLC wave' of amiibos)

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

IceClimbers

@Squid Most likely. A final wave that consists of all the secret characters (minus Lucina) would probably come in April, alongside Mewtwo. I fully predict that Mewtwo will come in April. Why? Due to the amount of time it will take to finish Mewtwo, and for strategic placement.

By strategic placement, I'm saying that I full-on predict that there will not be a major retail release for the Wii U in April. March will be Yoshi's Woolly World and May will be MK8 DLC and Splatoon. Fills the gap up nicely. Mario Maker will be available in early June, specifically right after Nintendo's E3 presentation.

EDIT: Actually, that might be the second to final wave. We might get a final wave afterwards that has Alph and the Koopalings.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

@Squid Most likely. A final wave that consists of all the secret characters (minus Lucina) would probably come in April, alongside Mewtwo. I fully predict that Mewtwo will come in April. Why? Due to the amount of time it will take to finish Mewtwo, and for strategic placement.

By strategic placement, I'm saying that I full-on predict that there will not be a major retail release for the Wii U in April. March will be Yoshi's Woolly World and May will be MK8 DLC and Splatoon. Fills the gap up nicely. Mario Maker will be available in early June, specifically right after Nintendo's E3 presentation.

EDIT: Actually, that might be the second to final wave. We might get a final wave afterwards that has Alph and the Koopalings.

I'm not sure if we would get an alt. character wace because I believe that you can change the amiibo's alt., if I'm not mistaken.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

Jazzer94 wrote:

@WaLzgi Even with the smiley face at the end this comment is rather ignorant and insulting to the amount of work the PM developers have done, just saying.

I don't really care how much work they put into it. I don't have to be impressed by it

@SockoMario: No it's not against the rules now. It's a mod for the disc game and it's on Wii. It's totally fine to discuss

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo

Anyone help me out? I saw this amazing fan art for Smash of a Rosalina/Little Mac mash-up. I saw it on the smash reddit and now I can't find it anywhere. I really want to find the original artist.

EDIT: FOUND IT YES!! It was on Tumblr the whole time, the one site I try to avoid. Go figure. http://afineyounggentleman.tumblr.com/image/97545136549 By afineyounggentleman.

WaLzgi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@WaLzgi Even with the smiley face at the end this comment is rather ignorant and insulting to the amount of work the PM developers have done, just saying.

I don't really care how much work they put into it. I don't have to be impressed by it

Jeez that's ridiculously cold hearted.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

LzWinky

I'll admit they've done some fun things with the game, but the novelty wore off fast. And with Smash U looking a lot better, they are irrelevant in my opinion. But more power to you if you say otherwise.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

SuperMalleo wrote:

Everybody will be playing the Wii U version while I'm stuck with the 3DS version

There is a solution:

Smash pots and cut grass for rupees. Destroy blocks for coins. Kill enemies for hearts. Use your profit on a Wii U

Sparx

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Anyone help me out? I saw this amazing fan art for Smash of a Rosalina/Little Mac mash-up. I saw it on the smash reddit and now I can't find it anywhere. I really want to find the original artist.

EDIT: FOUND IT YES!! It was on Tumblr the whole time, the one site I try to avoid. Go figure. http://afineyounggentleman.tumblr.com/image/97545136549 By afineyounggentleman.

I am seriously upset that luma isn't dressed as doc Louise

My avatar is from here

FriedSquid

Hey, remember those Trophies of Kirby's copy abilities in Melee? I really hope that those will return... Though maybe it's redundant as now you can capture a screenshot of his costumes unlike Melee.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

As cold-hearted as it sounds, I'm kinda with WaLzgi on this. I don't have to be impressed just because they put a lot of effort into it. I could put hours and hours, days and months, years of my life into walking into a brick wall. No one will be impressed by this because there really isn't a big amazing outcome. I'm not saying Project M is like walking into a brick wall. I'm just saying that Smash Wii U is still a more impressive outcome, and lord knows, Sakurai likely put more work into it than the Project M team did. The man's been saying that he never takes a break. He doesn't sleep nearly as much as he should, and it's evident in how long it took him to recover (and if I'm not mistaken, he still hasn't recovered). For two years, every waking hour of this man's life that wasn't devoted to lasting long enough to see the game launch was devoted to making the game launch. Project M is a mod of a pre-existing game. A very interesting one, yes. One the competitive community particularly likes, sure. It's still just a mod. Built from a pre-existing engine with a pre-existing game as its goal. But Smash Wii U is literally an entirely different game. Hell, it's almost nothing like Smash 3DS and that came out a little over a month ago!

tl;dr Project M is impressive, sure, but it pales in comparison to Smash 4. Both versions.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Arminillo

SockoMario wrote:

"PM 3.5 is more of a new game than Smash 4 Wii U is."

On the topic of ignorance...

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Crimzonlogic

SuperMalleo wrote:

Everybody will be playing the Wii U version while I'm stuck with the 3DS version

Same here, but I'm glad to at least have the 3DS version. I wasn't sure i'd be able to get it. Hooray for ebay peeps buying my stuff I don't need so I could pay for it!
I'll get that Wii U version eventually.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Pootypie

LESS THAN 5 DAYS!!! Nearing to less than 4 days!!! Oh my god

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

SuperMalleo wrote:

I, too, will be "stuck" with the 3DS version due to money issues and university combined. Though I don't mind for now; inferior version or not, Smash Bros. is Smash Bros. and I'm just glad to have that.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

SuperMalleo wrote:

Actually despite getting the game at launch, I probably won't be but not the 3DS version either. The Mario Kart 8 DLC has exceeded all of my expectations such that I get the feeling I'll lose interest in Smash Wii U somewhat early on and it becomes essentially a GameCube accessory source (I'll finally get to play games like F-Zero GX with a fully working controller).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic