Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,681 to 18,700 of 27,917

TeeJay

SuperMalleo wrote:

Everybody will be playing the Wii U version while I'm stuck with the 3DS version

I don't have a Wii U so this is the only version of Smash I'll be playing in the forseeable future. And I'm more than happy. I don't have anyone to play the Wii U version with anyway.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Everybody will be playing the Wii U version while I'm stuck with the 3DS version

I don't have a Wii U so this is the only version of Smash I'll be playing in the forseeable future. And I'm more than happy. I don't have anyone to play the Wii U version with anyway.

Why not get a Wii U?! Online is good enough plus Super Smash Bros for Wii U is content overload...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Why not get a Wii U?! Online is good enough plus Super Smash Bros for Wii U is content overload...

I'm waiting for my money tree to bear. So far it's only been bearing apples and I'm sick of its crap.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

I'm waiting for my money tree to bear. So far it's only been bearing apples and I'm sick of its crap.

Lol, made me laugh a little

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

NOTE: I'm refering Project M as a "game" in this review thingy. This wasn't suppose to be a review, but it indeed up as one.

Project M 3.5 is really fun, but it's not as fun as I want it to be. Why? Because I'm stuck using the Wiimotes and Classic Controller (please don't ask why). The Classic Controller is decent for this type of game, but the Wiimote is not. It's fairly difficult to pull off advanced techniques among other things as well.

Now I'll talk about Special Brawl: the All-Star feature thingy is alright, the new stamina mode is incredible (YOU CAN TURN OFF THE BLAST LINES!), and turbo mode is still an absolute blast. Let me just say that turbo mode on stamina and on fast mode is absolute chaos. I spend more time playing Special Brawl more than I do the actual normal VS matches. This is easily the best part of the game.

Another excellent part of the game are the costumes. 90% of the cast has one costume or more, and they all look amazing. Speaking of amazing, the game is extremely stable. This is a HUGE plus for me, as my old PM crashed/freezed a lot (well, I did add new costumes, stages, music, menus, and more so that's probably why).

If you're getting bored with PM, just mod it. Like: give Mario an alt that makes him look like Pac-Man, retexture Smashville to have McDonald's arches (or something else, but I'm just giving examples) in the background (it's very easy to do btw), add more music to the stages, and more! However, there is one huge downside to this: and that is the game is more prone to crashing/freezing/not loading properly, well at least from my experiences. If you want the most stable experience, I don't recommend modding it. However, I don't think adding in your own music will make the game any less stable.

Overall, Project M 3.5 is excellent. It's aimed at competitive players, but casual players will still enjoy this one. You'll probably spend more time playing this than Brawl itself, especially if you mod it to death. Also it's a faster version of Brawl, and there's no tripping. Oh wait... that sounds familiar. Anyway, this game is a blast, and I highly recommed it.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

NOTE: I'm refering Project M as a "game" in this review thingy. This wasn't suppose to be a review, but it indeed up as one.

Project M 3.5 is really fun, but it's not as fun as I want it to be. Why? Because I'm stuck using the Wiimotes and Classic Controller (please don't ask why). The Classic Controller is decent for this type of game, but the Wiimote is not. It's fairly difficult to pull off advanced techniques among other things as well.

Now I'll talk about Special Brawl: the All-Star feature thingy is alright, the new stamina mode is incredible (YOU CAN TURN OFF THE BLAST LINES!), and turbo mode is still an absolute blast. Let me just say that turbo mode on stamina and on fast mode is absolute chaos. I spend more time playing Special Brawl more than I do the actual normal VS matches. This is easily the best part of the game.

Another excellent part of the game are the costumes. 90% of the cast has one costume or more, and they all look amazing. Speaking of amazing, the game is extremely stable. This is a HUGE plus for me, as my old PM crashed/freezed a lot (well, I did add new costumes, stages, music, menus, and more so that's probably why).

If you're getting bored with PM, just mod it. Like: give Mario an alt that makes him look like Pac-Man, retexture Smashville to have McDonald's arches (or something else, but I'm just giving examples) in the background (it's very easy to do btw), add more music to the stages, and more! However, there is one huge downside to this: and that is the game is more prone to crashing/freezing/not loading properly, well at least from my experiences. If you want the most stable experience, I don't recommend modding it. However, I don't think adding in your own music will make the game any less stable.

Overall, Project M 3.5 is excellent. It's aimed at competitive players, but casual players will still enjoy this one. You'll probably spend more time playing this than Brawl itself, especially if you mod it to death. Also it's a faster version of Brawl, and there's no tripping. Oh wait... that sounds familiar. Anyway, this game is a blast, and I highly recommed it.

Isn't Project M on computer? I don't know much about it.

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano

@SockoMario I bet Project M 3.5 is nowhere near as stable as the Wii U's OS. Sorry, I couldn't resist

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Why aren't the Project M topics discussed in the Wii forums instead?

jariw

Blast

Project M reminds me of copycat Pokemon wannabe games. I applaud the developers for their hard work, though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

NintendoFan64 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

@Squid Most likely. A final wave that consists of all the secret characters (minus Lucina) would probably come in April, alongside Mewtwo. I fully predict that Mewtwo will come in April. Why? Due to the amount of time it will take to finish Mewtwo, and for strategic placement.

By strategic placement, I'm saying that I full-on predict that there will not be a major retail release for the Wii U in April. March will be Yoshi's Woolly World and May will be MK8 DLC and Splatoon. Fills the gap up nicely. Mario Maker will be available in early June, specifically right after Nintendo's E3 presentation.

EDIT: Actually, that might be the second to final wave. We might get a final wave afterwards that has Alph and the Koopalings.

I'm not sure if we would get an alt. character wace because I believe that you can change the amiibo's alt., if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

ZurrrrBlattTron

Blast wrote:

Project M reminds me of copycat Pokemon wannabe games. I applaud the developers for their hard work, though.

Except the Pokemon fans aren't idiotic enough to say "Pokemon Obsidian version totally feels like a new game to ORAS, I'm definitely not interested in Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire anymore"

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

The_Ninja

ugh, I hate P.M. The only good thing about it is the alt costumes, and that it's not a real Smash game. You gotta be crazy if you think PM> Smash U.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

IceClimbers
Those vocals.... they're beautiful.... Only Uprising remix I've particularly liked over the original.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Gridatttack

lol at the PM hate, especially at the 'its not a real smash game' (its out of context )

PM has it merits. It unified brawl and melee players in my neighborhood, since many didn't like brawl. Pretty much as @Yellowtails said. (especially removing useless stages as new pork city)

I'll be playing it until smash 4 comes out. Looking for those HD smash 64 stages :3

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Grumblevolcano

torotoid64 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Except the Pokemon fans aren't idiotic enough to say "Pokemon Obsidian version totally feels like a new game to ORAS, I'm definitely not interested in Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire anymore"

Is the Champion of Pokemon Obsidian, Steve?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Gridatttack I was surprised that New Pork City didn't come back in Smash 4. Would be perfect for 8 Player Smash.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Inkling

Oh yeah, just gonna say...

HAPPY 62nd BIRTHDAY MIYAMOTO

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

MsJubilee

I still can't believe miyamoto is 62 years old!Wow.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

I had a comment about Project M that I forgot to press post on, so I can't post it until I get home really late tonight. It wasn't super important anyways, just pointing out that content is the major separating factor as Project M doesn't even come close to Brawl in this aspect.

More importantly, I went to the GameStop demo and the Nintendo rep brought a Mario Amiibo. I'm happy to say it looks closer to the E3 figurine than these hilariously derp ones circling the web.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic