Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 121 to 140 of 230

I-U

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If they were to remake Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, I could see some neat stuff being added to both. Metroid Prime could add the Screw Attack and Seeker Missiles as extra power ups, add new areas and an actual boss to Magmoor Caverns (Magmoor Caverns was pretty much a boring filler area, they should definitely expand it). Metroid Prime 2 I can't think of any powerups to add, but there's some areas that I think they could expand on, particularly in the Dark World. Ing Hive is fairly pointless most notably, there's pretty much nothing to do there except find keys and fight Quadraxis, and it would be neat to explore the Dark World section of that Federation base at the beginning of the game (and they could even move the Sky Temple key from Accursed Lake there to get you to explore it).

When I mentioned improving Metroid Prime, I was actually thinking of scraping quite a bit. The artifact hunt at the end I would cut out and somehow I'd like to see them work the elevators out of the game. The artifact hunt to me is a horrendous pace killer for the game, which makes it feel really off of the pace I generally experience in Metroid games outside of the Prime Trilogy. This won't get the game down to completion times I'd like, but it's a big step in that direction. With the elevators, while they may appear to make the world more connected, I think they make Tallon IV's layout make less sense. Going from a fiery cavern to snow-filled ruins looks visually interesting, but never felt right beyond that. I'd rather ship travel, like in Prime 3, be implemented and several landing sites be included in each region as to quicken the game's pace. I'd scrap the Missile Combo upgrades too, and just make them "hidden techniques" like the Power Bomb Combos in Super Metroid. If there's something I do agree with you on though, it's Magmoor Caverns needing a boss. That region feels empty without one.

There's too much I'd remove from Metroid Prime 2 to quicken its pace. They'd be much better off just working on a new Metroid game that returns to Aether.

Prime 3's a bit easier. Energy Cell hunt would be removed for more use of the Grapple Voltage. Elysia wouldn't be obstructed by any Hyper Ball puzzles except for hidden expansions, tanks, etc, so that that world can be dealt with prior to Bryyo if the player chooses rather being forced to take care of Bryyo's crisis first. I'd also remove the back orb on Mogenar and add in more form changes for Gandrayda especially in the second phase of the fight.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Gamecubed

F-Zero GX (this could be a good way to test interest for the series), Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Galaxy, or Luigi's Mansion.

I can't see it being a Zelda title.

Gamecubed

Bolt_Strike

I-U wrote:

The artifact hunt to me is a horrendous pace killer for the game, which makes it feel really off of the pace I generally experience in Metroid games outside of the Prime Trilogy.

I kind of liked having to go back through areas and collect items for the final area (and it'd probably be difficult to come up with something else), but maybe they could tone it down a bit.

I-U wrote:

With the elevators, while they may appear to make the world more connected, I think they make Tallon IV's layout make less sense. Going from a fiery cavern to snow-filled ruins looks visually interesting, but never felt right beyond that. I'd rather ship travel, like in Prime 3, be implemented and several landing sites be included in each region as to quicken the game's pace.

It's not really that nonsensical. Magmoor Caverns is underground, and Phendrana Drifts is above ground, so Magmoor Caverns is most likely volcanic because of its proximity to Tallon IV's core while the surface temperature is much colder. If that's your biggest complaint about the elevators, there's not really good reason to remove them. I'm up for quicker transport, but I don't think we need Landing Sites everywhere. Maybe some better shortcuts to connect the areas quicker (I'd like one in Tallon Overworld that lets you skip Frigate Orpheon to get to Phazon Mines quicker), and maybe some way to get between Tallon Overworld/Chozo Ruins and Phendrana Drifts quicker, but that's about it.

I-U wrote:

I'd scrap the Missile Combo upgrades too, and just make them "hidden techniques" like the Power Bomb Combos in Super Metroid.

Super Missile was actually required to progress though, so they can't just make it a secret ability. Aside from that, it doesn't really matter because they weren't really used for anything anyway.

I-U wrote:

There's too much I'd remove from Metroid Prime 2 to quicken its pace.

Like?

I-U wrote:

Energy Cell hunt would be removed for more use of the Grapple Voltage.

I don't think they really need to remove the Energy Cell hunt, but they should really make it optional.

I-U wrote:

Elysia wouldn't be obstructed by any Hyper Ball puzzles except for hidden expansions, tanks, etc, so that that world can be dealt with prior to Bryyo if the player chooses rather being forced to take care of Bryyo's crisis first.

Interesting idea, but you need certain abilities from Bryyo to progress in Elysia (you need Grapple Swing to work the ziplines, maybe a few other things that I can't remember). You also need to go to Bryyo and get the Screw Attack to progress in Elysia anyway.

I-U wrote:

I'd also remove the back orb on Mogenar

Mogenar was nothing compared to Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian. They might make him easier to beat, but I don't think it's necessary.

I-U wrote:

and add in more form changes for Gandrayda especially in the second phase of the fight.

That'd be neat, yeah.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Atariboy

I-U wrote:

If it's Metroid Prime, it better be as drastic as Metroid to Metroid Zero Mission. I don't want the current game redone in HD, because I don't feel that does anything to improve the experience and it's one of the Metroid games I feel can use plenty of it.

Graphically, merely rendering it in HD offers a significant visual boost. I'm not sure you'd get a lot of agreement that Metroid Prime needs much more than a HD upgrade. I think this screenshot is from Metroid Prime 2, but it gives an idea of what just that step would provide.

Untitled

You won't get graphics nearly that nice just from playing Metroid Prime Trilogy upscaled on your Wii U.

I think all we need is Metroid Prime Trilogy ported over, some select retouching of textures like we've seen in Wind Waker HD and some of the other better receieved HD remasterings (Unlike say Resident Evil 4 HD that carried over the existing textures untouched), and other minor bits and pieces here and there.

I don't even think a new lighting engine like Wind Waker HD got would be necessary since these were already so atmospheric to begin with, although anything Nintendo did above and beyond the call of duty, as long as it respected the original work, would certainly be welcomed.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I-U wrote:

If it's Metroid Prime, it better be as drastic as Metroid to Metroid Zero Mission. I don't want the current game redone in HD, because I don't feel that does anything to improve the experience and it's one of the Metroid games I feel can use plenty of it. I would like to discuss Metroid Prime through Miiverse though as I've done Super Metroid, so I may consider the game without major changes.

What I would want to see remastered would be Super Mario Sunshine. The amount of detail that can be done for the buildings around Isle Delfino's major hot spots could give Sunshine several more layers of personality on top of the high level it already has. I don't think any other 3D Mario really has that same potential.

If they were to remake Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, I could see some neat stuff being added to both. Metroid Prime could add the Screw Attack and Seeker Missiles as extra power ups, add new areas and an actual boss to Magmoor Caverns (Magmoor Caverns was pretty much a boring filler area, they should definitely expand it). Metroid Prime 2 I can't think of any powerups to add, but there's some areas that I think they could expand on, particularly in the Dark World. Ing Hive is fairly pointless most notably, there's pretty much nothing to do there except find keys and fight Quadraxis, and it would be neat to explore the Dark World section of that Federation base at the beginning of the game (and they could even move the Sky Temple key from Accursed Lake there to get you to explore it).

Not really sure what they could do differently in 3 though, most of the areas were fully fleshed out and I can't think of any powerups they could add (and Hypermode pretty much makes up for most of what's missing from 1 and 2). Expansion of Bryyo Ice, maybe? IDK.

Maybe some kind of proper travelling system between the planets rather than just press the location. I liked how 1 and 2 had a fully connected world though the problem with my idea is how Star Fox Adventures turned out.

I don't get what you're saying.

Star Fox Adventures had a really boring and short version of Star Fox 64 style gameplay when you were travelling between certain regions of Dinosaur Planet. I would've liked if Metroid Prime 3 had some encounters with the space pirates while actually in space, not every time you travel but say for example before entering the Pirate Homeworld.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintenbomba64

I would like to see SSBM Remastered THAT WILL BE AWESOME! sigh but I always have to look back at reality...

But Mario Sunshine is possible right?

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

Atariboy

Mario Sunshine is possible where as I doubt they will ever remaster a Smash Brothers (or Mario Kart). And they definitely wouldn't so soon after original entries have been released for both.

But with Super Mario 3D World having been released so recently, New Super Mario Brothers U and a Luigi spin-off companion still widely stocked and selling well, and Mario Maker slated for next year, I'm skeptical they'd be planning Sunshine at this time. Wii U is well stocked with original Mario platformers not to mention the Virtual Console and backwards compatibility bolsters the available lineup even further.

This rumor is just that, a rumor. But if accurate, doesn't it make the most sense that they'd be taking this easy and quick opportunity to prop up the Wii U's lineup in an area it's weak in? It's not suffering from a lack of 3D Mario content. It has a spectacular and still new release in the form of Super Mario 3D World that will be a strong seller for quite a while longer.

Something like Metroid Prime would appear to make the most sense, unless they're being liberal in how they're using "big" and instead are hinting at something like Luigi's Mansion HD (Which while a great idea and an obvious budget title for the Wii U, isn't exactly the sort of game this rumor is leading us to consider).

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Grumblevolcano

GoneFishin wrote:

Mario Sunshine is possible where as I doubt they will ever remaster a Smash Brothers (or Mario Kart). And they definitely wouldn't so soon after original entries have been released for both.

But with Super Mario 3D World having been released so recently, New Super Mario Brothers U and a Luigi spin-off companion still widely stocked and selling well, and Mario Maker slated for next year, I'm skeptical they'd be planning Sunshine at this time. Wii U is well stocked with original Mario platformers not to mention the Virtual Console and backwards compatibility bolsters the available lineup even further.

This rumor is just that, a rumor. But if accurate, doesn't it make the most sense that they'd be taking this easy and quick opportunity to prop up the Wii U's lineup in an area it's weak in? It's not suffering from a lack of 3D Mario content. It has a spectacular and still new release in the form of Super Mario 3D World that will be a strong seller for quite a while longer.

Something like Metroid Prime would appear to make the most sense, unless they're being liberal in how they're using "big" and instead are hinting at something like Luigi's Mansion HD (Which while a great idea and an obvious budget title for the Wii U, isn't exactly the sort of game this rumor is leading us to consider).

Luigi's Mansion was the 5th best selling GCN game in the US so I'd definitely say it can be counted as "big". The only games that sold more were:

• Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Mario Kart Double Dash!!
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I agree that the first 2 games won't happen as it would destroy potential sales of the latest iterations of the franchises, Wind Waker has already received a HD remaster so if their sticking with GCN, Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion seems most likely. As for Wii, either the Galaxy games or Twlight Princess seem possible if they were to consider sales only.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Wonkers

The only remastered GC I want is Mario Sunshine. Aside from my own preference it just makes the most sense.

1. HD Lighting. There is no doubt that Nintendo has struggled to nail HD graphics for the most part, some aspects look good and others not so much. But in the former category is without doubt lighting and shadows as seen in the likes of Nintendo Land, Pikmin and of course, the Wind Waker remaster. Sunshine? Pretty much the sunniest and most shadowy game in Nintendo history.

2. F.L.U.D.D. Think first person shooting with arrows in the WW remaster? Same for the water, which would bring much needed use out of the GP and actually surely be an improvement on the original GC control method which was most people's problem with the original game.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/outside-centre-film-podcast/id816882615

Twitter:

Atariboy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Luigi's Mansion was the 5th best selling GCN game in the US so I'd definitely say it can be counted as "big". The only games that sold more were:

I'm not out to undermine its position in gaming history, but it's still ultimately a ~7 hour game or so, drew mixed reviews when it was new, and opinions from gamer's about it vary widely to this day. And if it hadn't been a launch title, I suspect it wouldn't of pulled nearly the same numbers. So I'm not sure it would be received with open arms if positioned as a big deal for $50 like Wind Waker U was.

I'm pretty sure most are thinking about candidates like Metroid Prime as they read that rumor, a game that was received with critical acclaim, was the best selling title in the franchise (And which spawned two direct sequels), and is a title that people seem to only have grown more fond of in the decade or so since rather than selections like Luigi's Mansion or Wave Race Blue Storm. But maybe that's just me.

I'd welcome Luigi's Mansion HD with open arms, but if this rumor is correct (And I tend to not put much stock in it although I think a newly remastered release was a safe bet next year, rumor or no rumor, to help prop up their release calendar), I'm not sure if it's what most people had in my mind.

It has one thing going for it though that Metroid Prime doesn't, it can't already be officially be played on the Wii U in some form. Otherwise, I think Metroid Prime, if not the full trilogy, is a perfect candidate to revisit yet again.

Wonkers wrote:

The only remastered GC I want is Mario Sunshine. Aside from my own preference it just makes the most sense.

Except that Wii U has an original 3D Mario platformer that is still well under a year old. Don't you think it makes some sense when remastering a classic to not only select a beloved game that will sell well after being ported and upgraded, but also fill a hole in your offerings if possible at the same time?

Wii U doesn't have any 3D Metroid, but does have an excellent 3D Mario platformer that is one of the newest games on the platform and which will be a strong seller for it for a long time to come. Why compete with that so soon in 2015? I'd rather see Sunshine HD in spring 2016 at the earliest and give Super Mario 3D World at least a full two years to itself on the marketplace to glean as much out of it as possible out of it at or close to original MSRP.

Not to mention that for some reason, criticism about Sunshine seems to have grown since its original release. Not entirely sure why that is, but it doesn't seem to be aging like fine wine like Wind Waker and Metroid Prime have done that only seem even more liked now that a few years have passed.

Wonkers wrote:

F.L.U.D.D. Think first person shooting with arrows in the WW remaster?

I'm more thinking optional Wiimote pointer controls for the water cannon. If they revisit Super Mario Sunshine someday and it's on a platform that supports Wii remotes or something comparable, I hope that option is there.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Grumblevolcano

Wonkers wrote:

1. HD Lighting. There is no doubt that Nintendo has struggled to nail HD graphics for the most part, some aspects look good and others not so much. But in the former category is without doubt lighting and shadows as seen in the likes of Nintendo Land, Pikmin and of course, the Wind Waker remaster. Sunshine? Pretty much the sunniest and most shadowy game in Nintendo history.

2. F.L.U.D.D. Think first person shooting with arrows in the WW remaster? Same for the water, which would bring much needed use out of the GP and actually surely be an improvement on the original GC control method which was most people's problem with the original game.

I disagree about most shadowy game if by that you mean dark themed, that would easily go to Metroid Prime 2. If however you mean as in shadows from the sun shining onto Mario then sure you're probably right.

Grumblevolcano

clvr

Personally, I'd like to see Eternal Darkness HD (maybe hinting at a future sequel) or a Pikmin Trilogy. I'd love Metroid Prime Trilogy, Twilight Princess (my favorite game) or Okami (which would be amazing, in my opinion) too, but I don't like games being updated only a generation later. I see people demanding KI Uprising on the Wii U, but personally I'd rather get a sequel than an HD remastering.

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

WebHead

F-Zero GX HD would be neat too, if only to test the waters for a potential new game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rtr0GMR1

Wasn't there a rumor of Kid Icarus: Uprising being ported to Wii U at one point? I think I remember hearing that somewhere a while back.

rtr0GMR1

RedDevilAde

Can't really see this being anything other than Sunshine if true, purely for the mainstream appeal and non-existence on the GC on the VC still after nearly 2 years of the Wii U being available

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

CaviarMeths

Let's be honest here, does anyone outside of this site even care about Super Mario Sunshine?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

whodatninja

Mario Sunshine! Eternal Darkness! Double Dash! Twin Snakes!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

unrandomsam

CaviarMeths wrote:

Let's be honest here, does anyone outside of this site even care about Super Mario Sunshine?

Did anybody care about Windwaker (Other than to hate it) prior to its remaster being announced. (Now it is suddenly peoples favourite Zelda).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

GuSolarFlare

unrandomsam wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Did anybody care about Windwaker (Other than to hate it) prior to its remaster being announced. (Now it is suddenly peoples favourite Zelda).

it became people's favorite Zelda since Twilight Princess, I'm even impressed Twilight Princess didn't take this spot after Skyward Sword..

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.