Forums

Topic: RUMOR - Big remastered game coming to Wii U in 2015

Posts 101 to 120 of 230

Joeynator3000

Re-remakes have happened before, but not with Nintendo, if another Mario game would get a remake, it would be Sunshine. I can't really say on the Galaxy games though...remake would be cool, but at the same time they seem a bit too recent for remakes.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

faint

unrandomsam wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Symphony of the Night is a 2D sprite game. How is that in any way comparable with a 3D game like Majora's Mask? One is significantly easier to port than another.

Anyway, I would only get Star Fox Assault and Adventures if they were bundled together. Otherwise, not gonna happen.

I thought it was a remake (Looks like it is not) Windwaker isn't either it is a slightly enhanced port of a bad game to start with.

The DS Final Fantasy III & Final Fantasy IV is a better example they are remakes.

whhhoooo there fella. windwaker is not a bad game at all. we have established how picky you are so it's totally cool for you not to like it but to put it in the bad category with bubsy and whatnot is simply wrong. just becuse you don't like something doesn't make it bad.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

micronean

brewsky wrote:

Here's the deal. Nintendo remakes game so that people who haven't had a chance to play the game before will have one now. Super Mario 64 DS introduced a ton of new gamers to the N64 Classic, and considering how successful the DS, I'd imagine plenty of people have had their fill of Super Mario 64.

Same with Wind Waker HD. Given it's limited market, not many people got to play the game, which is why it was a candidate for a remake.

So, if this rumor is true, Nintendo will most likely pick a game that is relatively old or has not had a chance to reach a substantial market, thus trying to capture as many people as possible who have not played the game before.

That would be Majora's Mask, as it was the less popular Zelda of the N64. But it wouldn't make much sense to remake two Zelda's. The next in line would indeed be Super Mario Sunshine; the lesser light in the Super Mario series of games.

micronean

ogo79

its clash at demonhead.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

8BitSamurai

Ya'll realize small sites like GoNintendo report baseless rumours all day long, none of which should be taken seriously, right?

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Bolt_Strike

brewsky wrote:

Here's the deal. Nintendo remakes game so that people who haven't had a chance to play the game before will have one now. Super Mario 64 DS introduced a ton of new gamers to the N64 Classic, and considering how successful the DS, I'd imagine plenty of people have had their fill of Super Mario 64.

Same with Wind Waker HD. Given it's limited market, not many people got to play the game, which is why it was a candidate for a remake.

So, if this rumor is true, Nintendo will most likely pick a game that is relatively old or has not had a chance to reach a substantial market, thus trying to capture as many people as possible who have not played the game before.

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Re-remakes have happened before, but not with Nintendo, if another Mario game would get a remake, it would be Sunshine. I can't really say on the Galaxy games though...remake would be cool, but at the same time they seem a bit too recent for remakes.

Metroid Prime Trilogy says hi.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Metroid Prime Trilogy says hi.

Metroid Prime Trilogy isn't a re-remake, 1 and 2 were on GC and 3 was already on Wii so it's a remake for 1 and 2 and a copypaste job for 3. A re-remake (kind of) related to Nintendo though is the recently announced HD remake of the GC Resident Evil remake for not Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Atariboy

I really don't agree with some of the terminology in this thread. As I see it, we have four categories...

Emulation: The original code is ran via a program that replicates the original hardware. Look at the Virtual Console for many examples of this concept at work.

Port:: The original code is converted to run on newer hardware with perhaps a few enhancements. This is where the New Play Control line of GameCube conversions, where Metroid Prime 1 & 2 were sourced from for MP Trilogy, falls as I see it.

Remastering: A superficial new coat of paint is applied during the porting process. In the past generation, this usually means rendering a SD game in HD, perhaps some touched up textures, 16:9 support if previously lacking, etc. See the scores of HD remasters on the PS3 or Wind Waker HD for an example or Super Mario All-Stars (In its original release) for an early one.

Remake: A full fledged effort to redo the original from the ground up. A perfect Nintendo example of this one is what Metroid Zero Mission did for the original Metroid.

In my eyes, 2/3's of Metroid Prime Trilogy is a port, not a remake. Classifying the New Play Control ports of GameCube games as remakes isn't an accurate description in my book (Although I must stress that I'm not trying to minimize the excellent addition of MP3's motion control to the first two).

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

CaviarMeths

@GoneFishin I would agree with all of that, and add too that I don't think remastering pre-Gamecube era games is feasible. N64 visuals would look horribly dated and ugly rendered in HD. I think Sony believed this as well, considering that the Silent Hill Collection and Metal Gear Solid Collection both excluded the PS1 games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

the_shpydar

CaviarMeths wrote:

N64 visuals would look horribly dated and ugly rendered in HD.

The XBLA remasters of Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and Perfect Dark would all like to disagree with you.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Sparx

Kirby air ride please!

My avatar is from here

Knux

Sparx wrote:

Kirby air ride please!

Anything but that.

Knux

unrandomsam

The best Kirby games are the ones like like nothing else (I personally like Dream Course).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

I-U

If it's Metroid Prime, it better be as drastic as Metroid to Metroid Zero Mission. I don't want the current game redone in HD, because I don't feel that does anything to improve the experience and it's one of the Metroid games I feel can use plenty of it. I would like to discuss Metroid Prime through Miiverse though as I've done Super Metroid, so I may consider the game without major changes.

What I would want to see remastered would be Super Mario Sunshine. The amount of detail that can be done for the buildings around Isle Delfino's major hot spots could give Sunshine several more layers of personality on top of the high level it already has. I don't think any other 3D Mario really has that same potential.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Bolt_Strike

I-U wrote:

If it's Metroid Prime, it better be as drastic as Metroid to Metroid Zero Mission. I don't want the current game redone in HD, because I don't feel that does anything to improve the experience and it's one of the Metroid games I feel can use plenty of it. I would like to discuss Metroid Prime through Miiverse though as I've done Super Metroid, so I may consider the game without major changes.

What I would want to see remastered would be Super Mario Sunshine. The amount of detail that can be done for the buildings around Isle Delfino's major hot spots could give Sunshine several more layers of personality on top of the high level it already has. I don't think any other 3D Mario really has that same potential.

If they were to remake Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, I could see some neat stuff being added to both. Metroid Prime could add the Screw Attack and Seeker Missiles as extra power ups, add new areas and an actual boss to Magmoor Caverns (Magmoor Caverns was pretty much a boring filler area, they should definitely expand it). Metroid Prime 2 I can't think of any powerups to add, but there's some areas that I think they could expand on, particularly in the Dark World. Ing Hive is fairly pointless most notably, there's pretty much nothing to do there except find keys and fight Quadraxis, and it would be neat to explore the Dark World section of that Federation base at the beginning of the game (and they could even move the Sky Temple key from Accursed Lake there to get you to explore it).

Not really sure what they could do differently in 3 though, most of the areas were fully fleshed out and I can't think of any powerups they could add (and Hypermode pretty much makes up for most of what's missing from 1 and 2). Expansion of Bryyo Ice, maybe? IDK.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I-U wrote:

If they were to remake Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, I could see some neat stuff being added to both. Metroid Prime could add the Screw Attack and Seeker Missiles as extra power ups, add new areas and an actual boss to Magmoor Caverns (Magmoor Caverns was pretty much a boring filler area, they should definitely expand it). Metroid Prime 2 I can't think of any powerups to add, but there's some areas that I think they could expand on, particularly in the Dark World. Ing Hive is fairly pointless most notably, there's pretty much nothing to do there except find keys and fight Quadraxis, and it would be neat to explore the Dark World section of that Federation base at the beginning of the game (and they could even move the Sky Temple key from Accursed Lake there to get you to explore it).

Not really sure what they could do differently in 3 though, most of the areas were fully fleshed out and I can't think of any powerups they could add (and Hypermode pretty much makes up for most of what's missing from 1 and 2). Expansion of Bryyo Ice, maybe? IDK.

Maybe some kind of proper travelling system between the planets rather than just press the location. I liked how 1 and 2 had a fully connected world though the problem with my idea is how Star Fox Adventures turned out.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I-U wrote:

Maybe some kind of proper travelling system between the planets rather than just press the location. I liked how 1 and 2 had a fully connected world though the problem with my idea is how Star Fox Adventures turned out.

I don't get what you're saying.

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo_Ninja

Mario Sunshine! Do it now!!! We need the new Zelda. No more remasters to keep us occupied. I'm willing to wait for the realio dealio Zelda, but I don't want any more Zelda games released after Hyrule Warriors until we get Zelda for Wii U. I would also gladly take F- Zero, Starfox Assualt, Pokemon Colleseum, or Viewtiful Joe.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

I'd rather have a fully fledged Mario Galaxy /DK 64 Kirby game than an Air Ride remaster.

Nintendo_Ninja

They didn't require any adapter for WW HD, so I doubt the remasters would require it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.