Forums

Topic: Do you complete games 100%

Posts 1 to 20 of 52

GamingSince64

How often do you complete and collect everything in game?

Edited on by theblackdragon

GamingSince64

DefHalan

Not all of them, especially since I sold my 360 and stopped going for achievements. I am so glad I stopped to cause it was causing problems.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

sub12

I've never cared about achievements or trophies, I'll usually beat a game and move on, but if I do 100% something, 3/4 of the times it's a Nintendo title (NSMBU, SM3DW, DKC: TF)

sub12

NintendoFan64

I try to, but I don't always.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CanisWolfred

Lololololololloolololololololololol

No. What's the point? Most of the extras are just repetitive stuff anyways. Only game I ever completed was Meteos since the game was such an obsession and it wasn't any more repetitive than simply playing the game. I got close with Banjo-Kazooie and Kingdom Hearts, but those got really frustrating after a while so I quit and don't regret it one bit.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

I'm good with 80-90% completion. For example, I don't care about all the DKC TF puzzle pieces but unlocking all the levels is a must.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

unrandomsam

It depends how it is defined. If I like the game enough I get the required amount of collectables to play all the content (And don't like doing it). For Nintendo it is usually with hope that the special world levels are going to be worth it. (Most of the time they are not. 3D World is an exception).

For something like 3D World either using every character counts or it doesn't. Excluding the special worlds from that requirement seems stupid.

Also for Tropical Freeze complete is 200% - I am at 100% for the minute. (And NES Castlevania or Super Mario Bros is twice through).

For something like Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures I have done it on Normal the next difficulty gives only 15 lives but it has to be done in one sitting the entire game with 5 continues so it is very doubtful I will do that.

Super Meatboy has some achievements that are sets of 20 levels with no deaths.

I got all the secret Seashells in Links Awakening with no guide as a child and it totally wasn't worth it and I wish I never bothered. (With that to get one of the endings you need to finish it without getting a game over).

I 100%ed Rondo of Blood (Get it as a consequence of playing every level and unlocking every character).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

PokeMario

I do for most games, especially platformers.

For games like Lego City Undercover, I never even get close.

PokeMario

Geonjaha

Depends pretty much solely on how much I enjoy the game and how tedious collecting everything is. For example, Yoshi's Island can get very annoying when trying to collect everything, but I give it a good shot whenever I replay the game because doing so is really enjoyable.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Fazermint

Geonjaha wrote:

Yoshi's Island can get very annoying when trying to collect everything, but I give it a good shot whenever I replay the game because doing so is really enjoyable.

Are you talking about the SNES version? I love aiming for 100 points But on YI DS it's more of a drag.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

JCnator

I rarely complete games these days. I own so many games that tackling on the extras usually aren't worth the struggle, especially when it involves more repetition just for the sake of longevity and/or crushingly difficult sidequests without any redeeming value.

Edited on by JCnator

JCnator

unrandomsam

Even NSMBU I have 5*'s 99 lives on both NSMBU and NSLU - All the challenges done but I have only played Boost Rush twice and I don't even know the 3rd one along is. I have also not really played NSLU with the NSMBU physics (I would if I could start again so as to see where I was up to - Don't want to flip it on each level).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Geonjaha

Fazermint wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Yoshi's Island can get very annoying when trying to collect everything, but I give it a good shot whenever I replay the game because doing so is really enjoyable.

Are you talking about the SNES version? I love aiming for 100 points But on YI DS it's more of a drag.

The GBA port of the SNES game is the one I play, with the extra levels. Yoshi's Island DS I didn't do any of the extra content - I thought the game was a disappointment.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

VmprHntrD

I started home gaming on the NES. My idea since then still stands that I consider completing a game, playing start to the end, getting the finishing sequence (if it's game over, thanks, congratulations, whatever.) I find little to no fun in going on a collection quest to rack up a 100% rank as it's almost all the time incredibly boring, dragged out, and just there to drag out the experience instead of enhancing it. I like to play it one end to the other, not keep repeating the same stages 2, 3 5x over needing to redo things to collect some other thing to get a shiny star or unlock a later part of the game as it breaks the flow and fun for me.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

Prof_Clayton

I will play a game so long as I enjoy it. If I happen to play long enough to 100% complete it, I will. I never go in with the intention to play a game over and over just to see that I did, I'd much rather move on to the next game if I don't enjoy it.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Usually only on my first play through. For instance I made sure I had all the fruit in Pikmin 3 when I just recently beat it. If not I'm not to bothered. Even in my favorite series Zelda I usually don't care because 100% doesn't normally give you anything good. For some reason though I feel the need to 100% Metroid. I have on everyone. Just seems more rewarding on that franchise.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Depends on what you mean by 100%.

I complete the story and all the levels of the games but extra stuff like achievements or other meaningless stuff developers put into games to make it seem longer I dont bother with.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

spizzamarozzi

I would get to the point where I feel I have done everything worthwhile but there's no way I'm going to waste my life on doing irrelevant stuff.
For example, I hate to collect trinkets - I have recently beat Batman: Arkham City and the idea of hunting for all those little insignificant collectibles just to see a cutscene, fight a re-skin boss or get a costume makes my head ache. I'd rather go to work.

But I'm really loving the Nintendo version of achievements - stamps. I think I would go an extra mile in order to get a stamp I like because they're kinda funny to use in Miiverse, but I usually don't try too hard.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Sparx

Only if I enjoy going towards that 100%

Games that got me to do that, Banjo Kazooie(loved running around the worlds), Super Mario 64(again, loved running around the worlds), Mario bros wii(I was already collecting most of the coins so replaying a few times to get ones I missed was no big deal) can't remember any others. When a game starts to feel like a chore, I move on, which is why Twilight Princess I never tried to get all the bugs because, well, it was a chore to look for them. If I saw one, sure I'd grab it to get a wallet boost, but I never went out of my way to get one.

My avatar is from here

kkslider5552000

Only if it's fun and reasonable (though occasionally that might not apply). When it becomes garbage and repetitive, I don't want to bother, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game. That might be why I pretty much never 100% any Zelda game, because they have some nonsense in it. No I don't know where that one seashell is in Link's Awakening, no I don't know how to get every gold Skulltula or Poe soul or treasure chart. Because I'm not wasting my time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.