Forums

Topic: Do you complete games 100%

Posts 21 to 40 of 52

HankLangley

I hated,, despised, and did not have fun with paper mario sticker star, but something, SOMETHING drove me to just get eveyr sticker in the sticker muesum

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

DefHalan

Doge wrote:

I hated,, despised, and did not have fun with paper mario sticker star, but something, SOMETHING drove me to just get eveyr sticker in the sticker muesum

Maybe that is what lead you to hate, despise, and not have fun while playing it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Burning_Spear

As someone else said, only if I'm enjoying it. For instance, I've stopped with the 2D Mario platformers because I can't stomach playing levels over and over and over to find a secret exit I missed somewhere on the map. I got 100 percent on Galaxy 1 because it was such a fantastic (and short) experience that I wanted to play it over.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

BearHunger

Usually if I really enjoy a game and it's a platformer I'll try to get 100% or 101% or what have it, provided the game gives any indication as to which levels contain the secrets. For instance, I got all the medals in Sonic Unleashed PS360, but I won't bother tracking down all the media collectibles. Likewise I got all the star coins in New Super Luigi U, but I don't think I'll ever find the last secret exit(s). I won't try to complete Yoshi's Island, because I don't enjoy the game enough to finish every level with full health.

For other genres, I usually don't bother. For instance, I never got a single level 4 limit break in Final Fantasy VII, and I never found anywhere near all the Poe souls or bugs in Twilight Princess, nor do I intend to. I've been trying to do everything in The Minish Cap, but I don't think I'll succeed.

Doge wrote:

You did? Cool! I couldn't find them all. In particular there was one enemy weapon sticker about whose whereabouts I had no clue.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Freeon-Leon

Most of the times I try to do it, but if something is really difficult to archive (like VVVVVV no death mode) I'll probably skip it. On the other hand if I don't like a game I don't even bother in reaching the end.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

R_Champ

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Only if it's fun and reasonable (though occasionally that might not apply). When it becomes garbage and repetitive, I don't want to bother, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game. That might be why I pretty much never 100% any Zelda game, because they have some nonsense in it. No I don't know where that one seashell is in Link's Awakening, no I don't know how to get every gold Skulltula or Poe soul or treasure chart. Because I'm not wasting my time.

This is usually my approach. I'll do as much as I consider fun (80-90% usually depending on the game) but once it gets tedious then I'm done. I play games for fun, and once it stops being fun, I stop playing . I will NEVER understand people who play for achievements. It must be like a debilitating OCD or something, because I've always got something better to do with my life then grind out achievements/trophies that give you ZERO in-game benefits or enjoyment.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Octane

Depends on the game. Sure, I'll finish every level in Super Mario 3D World with a gold flag, I'll even get all the green stars and stamps, but I'm not going to play every level 5 times over with a different character.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Jaz007

Not very often, I only do the occasional game that is something that's fun to play to 100%. I've done with Sly 2, and inFamous: Second Son, but that's all I think. Neither were very hard to do, and felt I've played them well beyond the time it took to 100%.

Jaz007

RedDevilAde

Depends on how fun the game is, I completed Zelda: WW HD 100% but after my son nagged me to complete the Smurfs 2 for him the last thing on my mind was 100%ing it.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

SkywardLink98

Depends on the game, but I normally settle for a high percentage completed. In inFamous 2 I beat the game twice to unlock all powers, but I may/may not collect all 400 blast shards. My backlog is too long to 100% most of the time.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

ashlyquin

I try to complete all my games 100% but get distracted by the next fun game and therefore have created a back log of games.
Games I have 100% completed are: Luigis Mansion, R.E. Revelations, all Pokémon games.
Games that will be completed 100% eventually: Retro City Rampage, Super Mario 3D land (95% there), Bit Trip Runner, Etrian Oddessy: Millennium Girl, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Bike Rider DX (80% there)

Online during weekdays......

OUT

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7995-0970 | Nintendo Network ID: ashlyquin123 | Twitter:

mateq

Depends on the game. I'm trying to find and solve all the puzzles in the likes of Professor Layton, just because it's different and engaging, while I can't be bothered finding all the skultulas in Zelda or similar things. It's just too much time-taking and boring

mateq

3DS Friend Code: 3282-3229-9799 | Nintendo Network ID: mamusko

Zanark

It really depends. For donkey Kong I love playing through all the levels but i finished the first donkey kong country game with like 40% completion.
I just try to beat all levels. Nothing too tedious.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

mystman12

^^Pretty much the same. I try to play through all the content, and I collect as much I can on my initial playthrough, but I don't usually go back looking for everything. I did try to 100% Lugis Mansion: Dark Moon but I could not find some of those gems for the life if me.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Nintenjoe64

I only play 100% of a game if the game is fun to get 100% in. Mario games usually are, Assassin's Creed games almost are but normally get a bit boring, Lego games are a bit of a grind.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

GamingSince64

BTW this isn't necessarily about 100%ing since I'm not planning on doing all the Time Attacks but is it worth finding all the puzzle pieces in Tropical Freeze on my own? Because I noticed there's a parrot in the shop that helps you find them, does that mean he just tells you where they are and finding them on my own won't be any different?

BTW please don't spoil any reward you might get for collecting them all please, or if there's a reward period.

Edited on by GamingSince64

GamingSince64

Socar

I only complete games that I enjoy or the ones that I feel don't really do much besides making the final boss easier to beat like Zelda. Most of the times I just don't feel like 100% games that are in a particular genre mainly because I don't see the point in that or that its just well....something that I'll save up to play again later like Star Fox 64 3D for example.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

No. I do most if not all of the sidequests(especially if they reveal background on the story or characters) in and RPG, but once I finish the story I quit and go onto the next game. A lot 100% tasks in games do not interest me escpecially collecting dozens or worse hundreds of useless items or grinding for nothing more than a trophy or few percent.

rockodoodle

No..... I pretty much just play them until I get tired/too frustrated and then move on to something else. Sometimes I come back t the game after a while.

rockodoodle

blaisedinsd

Not usually with the main exception being Mario games. I didn't quite finish all the green stars in Galaxy 2, got about half but I did 100% Galaxy 1. I 100% NSMB Wii and NSMBU and I have come close on NSMB DS but my game kept getting erased by my kids...I did not 100% NSLU. 3D land I did 100% but 3D world I did not beat those last final levels...maybe I will go back to them eventually but I saw many people say they were not worth it...that Mystery box thing seems like a PIA.

Zelda games I almost never except for the first NES original

Metroid I would go through a couple of times for Samus to take off more clothes but usually never got the highest level...thinking mostly of Zero Mission where there was some very difficult unlocks...maybe if it comes to Wii U and I get save states I can do it.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.