Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 121 to 140 of 515

romulux

here's a better comparison shot (i know, it's big):
Untitled

the 3DS looks the best out of them all there, in my opinion.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chrono_Cross

Big Boss's face looks awesome in the 3DS one. His finger sticks out though.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Kid_A

I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to get this one. I have the HD collection, and the original PS2 game. And I'm not nearly as crazy about the boss fights as everyone else is. I find them infuriating, frankly. And yet it's possibly the best stealth game ever made, and MGS is one of my favorite franchises. And like, 3D, man! I'll probably buy it. I just hope I don't regret it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Knux

Kid_A wrote:

I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to get this one. I have the HD collection, and the original PS2 game. And I'm not nearly as crazy about the boss fights as everyone else is. I find them infuriating, frankly. And yet it's possibly the best stealth game ever made, and MGS is one of my favorite franchises. And like, 3D, man! I'll probably buy it. I just hope I don't regret it.

What the eff? The boss fights in MGS3 are amazing!
I've decided to also get the 3DS version. You can never have too much MGS3!

Knux

BenAV

Personally I think the 3DS pictures look better.
And a screenshot or video on a computer never does the 3DS justice either.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

blackside

That comparison picture is reassuring. The 3D's one looks significantly better (apart from the resolution compared to the hd version obviously). You can tell they've actually changed some of the models/textures though. Of course we will be seeing snake through the whole game so that's the first thing they would have changed..... hopefully all the environments follow suite....

I never played the game when it came out and don't have a PS3 so I for one am looking very forward to this release

blackside

6ch6ris6

there are 3D screenshots of this game in the e-shop right now. (atleast they are here in germany)

i think it looks nice. not super awesome but the 3D effect will add a lot to the atmosphere. cant wait. need money

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

That's funny I also think the 3ds shot looks better! Just look at the hair on his face. Big difference.

I've already paid my copy off as I've only played like 10 mins of the original! As for the game itself how does it compare to the rest of the series?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zezhyrule

Wow. They changed a lot since I last posted a screenshot comparison D: D: D: I'd say the 3DS one actually looks really good now.

HEY GUYS MGS3 IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES EVER SO YOU ALL MUST PICK UP THIS VERSION EVEN IF IT IS INFERIOR
unless of course you have a PS3/Vita, then get the HD Collection

Kid_A wrote:

And I'm not nearly as crazy about the boss fights as everyone else is. I find them infuriating, frankly.

You're kidding right? Go play Peace Walker if you want stupid infuriating boss fights, MGS3's highlights are all of its boss fights. They're simply amazing~

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Kid_A

Knux wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

What the eff? The boss fights in MGS3 are amazing!
I've decided to also get the 3DS version. You can never have too much MGS3!

No one ever has a legitimate reason for why they're so great. Having to hold like three buttons to aim in first person is infuriating to me, especially when the boss is quickly jumping around trees with invisible armor. It just seems like it would be a lot more fun if the aiming was as slick as MGS4. And the bosses don't have enough depth as characters to justify all the annoyance. People just seem to like them because they're "cool," which is fair enough. I just don't think they're cool.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

As for the game itself how does it compare to the rest of the series?

most people say it's the best, i haven't played a metal gear game in so long that i can't really say. snake eater has a lot of great and memorable moments and if i remember right the story is more toned down than the others (you know, no bisexual vampires or lengthy monologues about nanomachines), which is a very good thing in my opinion. metal gear 4 was 80% cinema scenes, 15% loading times and 5% gameplay. shut up and let me play already!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

WHAT no bisexual vampires! What kinda M rated game is this. That's it I'm getting my money back!

For some reason i have a hard time finishing any of the solid series. Outside of the first one i played about 40% of the second one. 10 mins of the 3rd one and about 35% of the 4th one. I'm not convinced ill finish this one either! Not sure why that is?!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

romulux wrote:

here's a better comparison shot (i know, it's big):
Untitled

the 3DS looks the best out of them all there, in my opinion.

I'd say the HD one looks the best, but the 3DS one does look better than the PS2 one.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

BenAV

Downloading the demo now so I'll finally get to try it out soon.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

I really suck at being stealthy.
Gave up for now and didn't even get to the end of the demo.
I'll try again tomorrow or something when I'm not so tired.
Seems like it could be a fun game, if I can get good at it.
Still undecided at this stage but hopefully the demo will help me decide.

BenAV

6ch6ris6

wow downloading takes so long. seems like everyones getting it right now^^

cant wait to play it. love metal gear. hope it plays well without the circlepadpro, because i dont want to buy one (ever)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Late

First time playing Metal Gear Solid game on my own console and at first I tried to be the sneaky guy but after being spotted few times I started to run like a crazy and kill guys with knife (after using all my ammo). I thought if it was impossible to die in that demo but they finally killed me after shooting at least one hundred times xD
This game looks like it would play nicer with CCP but turning camera with A,B,X,Y wasn't that bad either.

EDIT: Why was the FPS mode 2D only?

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Blaze

Wow, that demo was awesome! Near the end I kept getting deliberately detected, and pressing R to take them out. Ended up having 4 or so soldiers piled up near some trees! Brilliant demo though, if a bit short! I'll definitely be picking up the HD collection on Vita when it's available!

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.