Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 141 to 160 of 515

warioswoods

Good god, that was easily the worst experience I've had on my 3DS, and I couldn't even stick with it long enough to finish the demo.

Was that really their best attempt to sell me on this game?

• ugly, faded, drab world that has been badly optimized for the system (framerate!)
  • controls are terrible; sounds like the existence of the CPP was this developer's excuse to be lazy. Why not use the gyro (RE:Revelations style), the touchscreen (Metroid Prime Hunters), or even both? I refuse to use their gimped button-based dual analog replacement, and I also refuse to pick up a CPP.
  • menus, lower screen, and all options therein are just plain ugly
  • what the hell, FPS mode is 2D for some reason? Again, why not 3D + gyro, which works so well in Resident Evil?
  • did a crocodile just flip its tail at me and knock me over? What? Why is it still sitting there immobile? What is this crappy cardboard world I'm in?

I was curious, but now I'm certain that this isn't for me, even if it hits the bargain bin. The demo was free and I still couldn't bear to sit with it.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

JustAnotherUser

@warioswoods I agree with the 2D FP mode and the bad frame rate. It seems the demo doesn't use both cores for some reason. I hope the final game does.
I got rather used to the controls after a while. I rather enjoyed the demo

JustAnotherUser

komicturtle

This game looked better in E3 2010.. o_O

Yeah, I did not enjoy the demo either. Felt so dull. I played the demo of Peace Walker on PSP and had a more enjoyable experience there.

There is no excuse for this game to be like this. Resident Evil Revelations not only looks better, but plays better also. Unless I'm missing something, I don't know why there are no Gyro controls for aiming. Also, moving is kinda clunky... Maybe I have to get used to it...?

komicturtle

Yrreiht

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Wow, that demo was awesome!

At least i'm not the only one who loved it Why so much hate? >>''
And now i have a good reason to get the circle pad pro xD

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

turtlelink

Graphics are nice but my goodness the framerate and 3D were bad. It also seems like they peace walker-fied the game with the aiming and the added crouch walk. Ok demo, albeit very short. Honestly I prefer the HD remake mainly because the 3D version is hard to look out.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Shotgunryugan

This was my first time playing a Metal Gear Solid game.

The game wasn't pretty to look at,just your average jungle setting.

Also i noticed the game was pretty quiet,compared to the Resident Evil Revelations demo(the character voices).

Overall the demo was pretty easy i got spotted like once or twice,but i managed to finish the demo without losing,actually i only died on the mud,poor Snake sank like a rock XD

Definitely not a buy for me,but i'll wait for the Nintendo Life review.

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

Tate24

I thought it was a pretty good demo!

I liked how jungle was alive seening birds, snakes, crocodiles, and even crawing through grass and seen tiny spiders crawling on my screen or a praying manta walking around:)

I liked killing my enemies by stabbing them in the neck;p lol
Plus there were lots items use like motion sensor, sound wave device, grenades, pistol, knife and gun were you can use it to hear were soldiers are:)

I enjoy it

Control's took a min to remember but for what it was i defo am looking forward to seening what whole package contents:)

If we knew how small we were are problems wouldn't seem so BIG!

bezerker99

I was playing the demo and was progressing rather nicely when I had to hit the "HOME" button to Suspend the game and do some work. I came back to the demo 20 minutes later and within 30 seconds of returning to the game - IT CRASHED ON ME!

"An Error has occured. Press POWER button to turn off your device."

Thanks Konami - now, I'm down to 29 uses for this lame demo.

Defective demos - I've heard of EVERYTHING now! D: D: D: /me runs off and

Spoony_Tech

I never seen a better reason for a company to take a demo down! This demo might lose more people then win over. Frame rate was bearable. Control definitly needs the circle pad pro. I refuse to get it at this time. I may cancel my pre order and get my money back. I will give the demo one more try though.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bonesy91

Well I played through more of it. And I like the variety in terms of gameplay. Why, I had a blast just knocking on trees.

But the framerate... it's just awful. I tend not to care to much about graphics either but they just looked to muddy and too hard to focus on anything without being overwhelmed by all the brown (And I thought Resident evil 4 had a lot of brown!)

In conclusion. I could see myself getting this on the 3DS if they fix the framerate and if the levels are not all that horrible to look at.
if the framerate doesn't get fixed and there is more than just the brown on brown levels, then I'd get it on the PS3.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Knux

That demo was beyond horrible. It has some of the WORST controls that I have ever experienced! I can't even switch to an effing knife because the controls are beyond broken. Plus, the graphics look seriously downgraded. It looks more like a PSP-styled demake rather than a 3D enhanced remake.

I've canceled my pre-order and will wait for the Vita version...and everyone else should do the same (or stick to the PS2, PS3, and 360 versions).

Knux

6ch6ris6

controlls without ccp are hard but i had the same problems with the RE demo.

didnt finished this demo though. didnt have enough time. cant wiat to play it again. love metal gear solid

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tasuki

6ch6ris6 wrote:

controlls without ccp are hard but i had the same problems with the RE demo.

Does this game make use of the CCP?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

komicturtle

@Tasuki

I think so. I remember seeing a list of games to support the CPP.

A Google search should help...

komicturtle

LordJumpMad

The game was all around awful, poor control, sloppy framerate, and the 3D on it was an eye sore.
You would have more fun eatting a real snake then coking down this game.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

This game was obviously designed around using the circle pad pro. It sucks otherwise. If you could aim the way snake is facing then it wouldn't be all that bad. However when you aim to fire you have to swing the camera all the way around. Really bad design choice.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

@Tasuki

I think so. I remember seeing a list of games to support the CPP.

A Google search should help...

Ugh if thats the case I am going to have to pass this one up

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Haxonberik

I loved the demo for the stealth gameplay, the 3D actually game me a headache, but with a CPP (and 3D off) this could be one of the best things to arrive to the 3DS.

www.convectiongames.com

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.