Forums

Topic: 2013 the year for 3DS?

Posts 41 to 60 of 147

steamhare

3D main series pokemon? Nintendo can print the money whenever they're ready. Will 2013 be the time of destiny?

steamhare

EvilLucario

Unless other games join Fire Emblem: Awakening and Castlevania: Mirror of Fate for 2013, 2012 would still reign supreme because that year brought Code of Princess, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, and many others to count!

In short, 2012 IS the 3DS's prime year... until further notice.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

thewayyouare

2013 is year of the Snake. Metal Gear Solid Rising

thewayyouare

kkslider5552000

thewayyouare wrote:

2013 is year of the Snake. Metal Gear Solid Rising

but Snake's not in...oh nevermind

2013 does look really good, especially if there's any truth to that supposed upcoming game announcements. Animal Crossing alone will take up quite a bit of my time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

e-love

If the second half of the year has its share of great games, this could be an awesome year for 3DS indeed.

There's already 4 major games being released between Feburary and sometime in the Summer next year that I'm excited for.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Coolysouthkid

I want to know what Zelda style they will go with. Maybe TWEWY 2? Maybe... XD

Edited on by Coolysouthkid

Coolysouthkid

Twitter:

LzWinky

steamhare wrote:

3D main series pokemon? Nintendo can print the money whenever they're ready. Will 2013 be the time of destiny?

Ask Game Freak. They're the ones who make the main games, not Nintendo. Fun fact!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

steamhare

LZBirdboi wrote:

steamhare wrote:

Ask Game Freak. They're the ones who make the main games, not Nintendo. Fun fact!

Game Freak is published by Nintendo. That means Nintendo can incorporate them into their yearly strategy.

steamhare

MrArcade

What about a new sonic game?

MrArcade

Bankai

steamhare wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

steamhare wrote:

Game Freak is published by Nintendo. That means Nintendo can incorporate them into their yearly strategy.

Publishers don't get to dictate to third party developers what games to make? I'm not sure you understand how that business arrangement works.

That said Game Freak has a strange relationship with Nintendo. I would not be surprised if the two collaborate on early strategy anyway. It seems to me that for all intents and purposes Game Freak behaves like an internal developer.

CanisWolfred

Luigi's Mansion 2, Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Etrian Odyssey, Devil Survivor: Soul Hackers, Monster Hunter, and...what else, exactly? I mean, yes, 3 of those games actually have me quite excited, I don't see how it's any better than last year? Heck, do we even know what else is coming out right now? Looks more like people are hoping for stuff that hasn't even been announced yet...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

CanisWolfred wrote:

Luigi's Mansion 2, Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Etrian Odyssey, Devil Survivor: Soul Hackers, Monster Hunter, and...what else, exactly? I mean, yes, 3 of those games actually have me quite excited, I don't see how it's any better than last year? Heck, do we even know what else is coming out right now? Looks more like people are hoping for stuff that hasn't even been announced yet...

A lot of those are coming out before we even reach the second half of the year. Considering Nintendo always has some big games come out Fall-Winter and also near the holidays, there's potentially a few more big games other than the ones we know.

The ones we're aware of are exciting enough at least, so it makes the year seem even brighter when you realize, that's only half of 2013 so far.

CanisWolfred

While I can see your point...I'm still keeping my expectations really low for next year. This year was a bust. Only 10 games came out that I really cared about across all platforms, and only 2 were for the 3DS. And with the Wii U out now, I can't imagine Nintendo will be putting much support behind the 3DS next year.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

@CanisWolfred, this year was actually pretty packed. A lot better than 2011 many would agree.

I also don't see why Nintendo would 'only focus on Wii U and not on 3DS going into next year.' When has that happened, ever? The only thing I see Nintendo focusing less on going into next year is the DS and Wii because they're on their way out. 3DS is relevant, and Nintendo would be foolish to just ignore it, given the fact that its only going into its 2nd year of existing.

I'm definitely optimistic for good games for both the 3DS and Wii U next year.

moomoo

Emaan wrote:

@CanisWolfred, this year was actually pretty packed. A lot better than 2011 many would agree.

Most people would say that this year was pretty underwhelming for video games. Just look at most of the comments on most game of the year places. Pretty much every platform just didn't have nearly as many games coming out, except for the 3DS (and even then I really don't see how this year was so great for 3DS. There weren't too many games coming out for it for extended periods of time. Frankly, at face value the Vita had more worthwhile games come out this year). This is especially apparent for Wii where you had literally 3 worthwhile games come out accross the whole year with Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Rythm Heaven: Fever. If one did not like RPG's, then the Wii basically had a year of not doing anything at all outside of a music game in February.

It may have been packed for you, but for people that are buying more than one game a month, it wasn't.

However, I do reflect your optimism for next year. It's looking much better than this year on both fronts. And if we're looking beyond Wii U and 3DS, then the first six months of next year look to be the most eventful in the medium's history.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

yeah 2012 was not the best year for gaming, especially compared to how brilliant the last 3 years were. Granted, I suppose I've played so few games that my opinion is mostly worthless but I'm willing to take certain people's word on it. A major reason for this is that like a dozen releases worth looking forward to were delayed until next year. And that's not even including 3DS' increasing problem of not getting cool japanese games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

I found 2011 to be severely lacking in terms of original quality games. Every game I got my hands on was either embarrassingly disappointing or it was barely passable when judged on the fun factor. This applies to every game that wasn't Skyrim, Minecraft, Dark Souls, Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Skyward Sword.

Even Skyward Sword was very disappointing to me, maybe not to others, but to me it was. Arkham City, aside from its amazing voice acting, was a chore to play through. I'm sure I'm overlooking a few games, but that's probably because they're not worth mentioning.

Of course 2012 was a little better. Xenoblade, Journey, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Fez, New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land were some top notch games to see the light of day. But for eight games to please the gaming community over a course of twelve months isn't enough.

Yes, this is my opinion of it all, but it doesn't take much to please this grumpy Mel Gibson clone. Maybe it's the fact these last few years have been sequel after sequel and I'm sick of playing as Mario, Link, Sheppard and generic FPS/RPG guy.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Scollurio

Very interesting and true points in here so far, indeed. I just checked what I was playing in the past 20 years or so and I have to say the systemwide best decade of gaming was, without a doubt - for me: 1995 - 2005.

I was playing Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Advance Wars, The Advance Mario games, Rogue Squadron, the fantastic Timesplitters 2 and Gladius, Spartan Total Warrior, Halo 1, Halo 2, Burnout 2, Burnout 3 Revenge, GTA III San Andreas, Crackdown, Need for Speed Most Wanted (the original one) and many other awesomely stunning games. And I still think ANY console has to live up to the quality library the Gamecube had, unfortunately many people missed the best of it because at the time when the good stuff was rolling in most people switched console to xbox or ps2 already.

Anyways I hope the best for the 3DS with remakes/ports from GBA, NGC, N64 and SNES era and new IPs and strong third party and indie support.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

e-love

@moomoo

In my defense, I was talking about the games lacking in 2011 for the 3DS.

I'm aware there were quite a few great games released last year on other systems. How can it be argued that this year hasn't been better than the drought-ridden year for 3DS that was 2011? Everything was barren up until the holidays.

moomoo

@Emaan I still fail to see how this year was "packed". Pretty much every platform except for the Wii had more worthwhile games coming out this year, at least on paper. That includes the Vita, by the way.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.