Forums

Topic: 2013 the year for 3DS?

Posts 1 to 20 of 147

Scollurio

Im wondering, we're having the 3DS for quite a while yet and I am wondering if we will see some big hitters in 2013. We already know about the announced gems in early 2013 like Luigis Mansion, Monster Hunter Ultimate (YAY!!), Fire Emblem and such. I am just wondering if we will knot only see an announcment but also an actual release of the so often rumoured hard hitting first party titles like:

• Zelda
  • Metroid
  • 3D Mario
  • F Zero?!
  • Smash Brothers

Further I am wondering if we will see any substantial third party games in 2013, I mean, something really big, deep and "meaty". I welcome all retro games and indie games on my 3DS eShop but I would also love to see some big franchises be ported for the 3DS, like:

• X-Com
  • Civilization
  • Project Cars (more or less announced already)
  • a GOOD Need for Speed game
  • Blur (Studio dead, old game, but still, this would rock!)
  • Mortal Kombat
    etc...

Thoughts, predictions, wild speculation anyone?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

Zelda-High possibility of an announcement.
Metroid-Possible, but doubt it.
3d Mario-We already have one, so no..
F Zero-Not likely..
Smash Bros-Maybe some trailers, but unlikely it will be released..

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

6ch6ris6

project cars will come to wiiu but i highly doubt that there will be a 3ds verion. or do you have any sources on that?

zelda, mario, metroid, smash bros., f-zero... all of that will not come out in 2013. maybe some of them in 2014. but only maybe.

fire emblem, luigis mansion, animal crossing will be the key-franchises for the 3DS in 2013. maybe some more cool e-shop games and some less big franchise like mario baskteball or something like that. but thats it for 2013 i think

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Banker-Style

I don't think we'll get a Mario game next year,probably a spin-off but that's it.

Still hope we get another Zelda,and a new Star Fox.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Scollurio

Don't you others think as well that things are coming a bit slow? I mean I don't want to be a nervous hater or anything, but to me it really feels like a drag waiting for the worthwile games. At least this gives you the opportunity to "value" more what you have already by giving it several playthroughs...

@6ch6ris6 About project cars, I don't have any solid evidence, I am just part of that crowd funding games and I can remember a discussion on their forums, where they said something like "releasing to all major platforms and high possibility of handhelds/ios as well". So I figured if it's coming to Wii U, maybe we can take it as a small chance coming for the 3DS too. Btw. what I have played so far of that game, it will be the most sophisticated simulation-racer when it comes out. It's utterly stunning. I just wonder how they will work with the limitations of Wii U and 3Ds not having any analogue triggers...

What do you guys think - any chances for some major third party titles? (only wild guessing at this point)

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Scollurio

Oh yeah I forgot, what about things like "bravely default" or that "time travelers" game from Japan?
Btw. Im still eagerly waiting for localized version for EU of "Code of Princess".

#supportindies

SammyOfMobius

I wouldn't doubt a new Zelda and Kirby game. 3D Mario... it's called Super Mario 3D Land. Smash Bros.? Well development just started last year so don't expect anything until maybe 2014 or 2015. Also a retro revival of Donkey Kong Land wouldn't suprise me and also a new mainlione Pokemon game.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

BenAV

Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter... those four right there make it an amazing year for the 3DS.
2012 will still be tough to beat though, mostly thanks to Kid Icarus and Virtue's Last Reward.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

animal corssing is announced for second quarter of 2013, not fall. but i honestly think ti will come fall, too.

i forgot to say:
2013 will be a great year for the 3DS. animal crossing, castlevania, monster hunter... and a bunch of eshop titles i have to get

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

HawkeyeWii

It looks like it has quite the strong lineup coming right out of the gate, but I feel like that is about the only solid games we will have all year...

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

e-love

What's already set for 2013 looks amazing. Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the first half of the next year sounds wonderful enough already for me.

Of course there's still the second half of the year including the holidays, so we can expect more big releases following E3.

Like others, I've heard rumors of a 3DS Zelda, Kirby, and Donkey Kong game in the works.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Scollurio

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Don't forget we're also getting Castlevania for 3DS next year!

True! Forgot about that, hope it can be somewhat of "god of war" fused with classic vania!

#supportindies

Scollurio

DestinyMan wrote:

A new Zelda is very possible. A new Metroid is possible too, but not as much as Zelda. There's already been a 3D Mario for the 3DS named Super Mario 3D Land, and there's NSMB2 for 2D, so there's not going to be anymore Mario games for a good while. F-Zero is unlikely. I expect Super Smash Bros. 4 to be mentioned at E3 2013, but the games won't come until 2014 at the earliest.

Keep in mind that they've only shown 3DS retail and eShop games for the Spring and Summer. That doesn't count Fall and Winter, so they should announce more games around E3 time. I could see something akin to Donkey Kong Land Returns and a new Kirby.

Thats what I am speculating about, what will be the "holiday season" (i.e. fall 2013) big hitters? Any predictions?
From what you guys said I think metroid and Zelda are likely for fall 2013 to have something big incoming, or of course they just push Animal Crossing to fall.
I also don't think they will have big IPs like Metroid and Zelda close to each other to not cut into each others markets.

What I would think as completely awesome would be a portable Pikmin game.
And we truly need this Retro City indie game!

#supportindies

Scollurio

HawkeyeWii wrote:

It looks like it has quite the strong lineup coming right out of the gate, but I feel like that is about the only solid games we will have all year...

Yeah exactly my fears. Nothing wrong with what has been announced so far, it's just that I somewhat got used to have like 6-10 games im interested in each year, which - on 3DS - Im far from. Which doesn't mean Im not loving my little clamshell entertainment centre!

Edited on by Scollurio

#supportindies

HawkeyeWii

It will be a good first 2 quarters and then we will be sitting like we are right now at this time next year, with nothing but style savvy coming out on it....

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Scollurio

Third Party... what about that LaMulana thing that proves to be popular?
Ah and don't forget: Sonic & All Stars Racing - which is a mighty solid game (played demo on 360) if they can capture it on the 3DS and give it some nice online functionality like Mario Kart it could be some nice and welcome alternative!

#supportindies

RR529

I would say that we might see a Soulcalibur announcement at E3 (we already got a Tekken from them), but they're helping Nintendo with Smash Bros, so probably not.

I'd love to see SE announce some of it's RPGs for the west (Bravely Default, DQVII remake, & that Dragon Quest Monsters game).

I also want to know why Beyond the Labyrinth (RPG from Konami) hasn't been released yet. It's been out forever in Japan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.