Forums

Topic: 2013 the year for 3DS?

Posts 21 to 40 of 147

rayword45

I expect some WarioWare 3D.

Along with new Zelda and HOPEFULLY a new Metroid, Star Fox or (overly optimistic) X title.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

I-U

Comparing the DS and 3DS, I feel like the 3DS in the same amount of time has lacked in a varied, quality first party library. I'm hoping for variety come 2013, and with Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Animal Crossing New Leaf it will have a great start. A new Metroid, WarioWare and Kirby announced or released late would make it a year to remember. In terms of third party support, the 3DS needs to keep on going. It's third party support has been solid.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

GamecubeMan

Im willing to bet money that 2013 will be a good year for 3DS. Nintendo will have released most of their "must have" titles by E3 so that means that they have to think of a couple of new "must haves" for the next 2 years. They will probaly annouce a new major IP's game at E3 2013. Also if everything is going as planned with SSB4 we might see a teaser trailer but who knows. Hopefully the Eshop will get some love and release a new batch of awesome VC and 3DSWare titles.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

e-love

They better not push Animal Crossing: New Leaf back to Fall.

We're already having to wait long enough.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Scollurio

Solid thoughts in here so far, keep it coming.

I also hope/demand GBA and SNES games on 3DS eShop,
those could EASILY help us over "dry" periods of game releases.

Absolutely doubtful and most likely not happening but could you imagine SNES (or even better GBA's) Super Mario World 3D classics version, enhanced with 3D effect? Awesome.

Or what would absolutely blow my socks of would be:
Old SNES games that had 2-Player support, playable over system link or online!
TADA! Instant Success!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

Emaan wrote:

They better not push Animal Crossing: New Leaf back to Fall.

We're already having to wait long enough.

i think they will do it. i really need this game! but i just have a bad feeling about it being pushed back again

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

romulux

Scollurio wrote:

Don't you others think as well that things are coming a bit slow? I mean I don't want to be a nervous hater or anything, but to me it really feels like a drag waiting for the worthwile games.

I've been feeling the same lately, my 3DS has been sitting around with no reason to pick it up for months on end. Nintendo promised to keep a steady stream of games coming after the launch debacle but they're really failing it at the moment. Kid Icarus finished off the torrent of games from winter '11 and since then it's been NSMB2 only.

DestinyMan wrote:

A new Metroid is possible too, but not as much as Zelda. T

Why not? The last new metroid game on a handheld was fusion back in 2002. Zero Mission was a remake, but if you count that it's still been 7 years. Hunters was more of a spinoff, but even if you count that it's been 6 years. We're way overdue for a handheld Metroid.

Plus, Other M finished up a year before Skyward Sword did. The Metroid staff have had more time to get something together than the Zelda staff has, and after Other M it'd probably be a good idea to release a 2D game on the 3DS as a pallet cleanser before bringing the series back on Wii U.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chrono_Cross

Considering New Leaf is releasing in 2013, I think it's safe to say the 3DS will have a great year.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

sandwhich

No, Virtue's Last Reward came out this year.

sandwhich

pntjr

I'd rather have Zelda XVII on the Wii U than have it on the 3DS. Majora's Mask needs to be on the 3DS though.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

A true Metroid Side Scroller!!! Haven't had one since the GBA days...
Maybe go back to the days when the chozo were still around.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

NGamerZero

pntjr wrote:

I'd rather have Zelda XVII on the Wii U than have it on the 3DS. Majora's Mask needs to be on the 3DS though.

A Majora's Mask remake needs to happen period.

Friend Codes - Animal Crossing: City Folk (4812-1078-6183)
Dr. Mario Online Rx (9967-0055-1680) - Mario Kart Wii (5198-4114-2870)
Mario Strikers Charged (043068-406725) - Mario vs. DK: Minis March Again! (2450-8698-0454)
Nintendo Wii (1390-4118-2314-4557) - Super Smash Bros. ...

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4938-2565 | Nintendo Network ID: NGAMERZERO

HawkeyeWii

NGamerZero wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Yes! I am playing Ocarina of Time on 3DS right now and when I finish it I really want to play Majora's mask, so I have been contemplating buying the VC game on Wii ot holding off until it comes to 3DS hopefully...

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Crysos61

New IP's would be nice.

Crysos61

3DS Friend Code: 4656-5929-6441

NGamerZero

HawkeyeWii wrote:

NGamerZero wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Yes! I am playing Ocarina of Time on 3DS right now and when I finish it I really want to play Majora's mask, so I have been contemplating buying the VC game on Wii ot holding off until it comes to 3DS hopefully...

Same, I have yet to beat Ocarina of Time 3D 100%, but when i do, I will be eagerly awaiting a Majora's Mask remake. To buy the VC version of the game when a remake was already in the works would suck.

Friend Codes - Animal Crossing: City Folk (4812-1078-6183)
Dr. Mario Online Rx (9967-0055-1680) - Mario Kart Wii (5198-4114-2870)
Mario Strikers Charged (043068-406725) - Mario vs. DK: Minis March Again! (2450-8698-0454)
Nintendo Wii (1390-4118-2314-4557) - Super Smash Bros. ...

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4938-2565 | Nintendo Network ID: NGAMERZERO

Scollurio

Looking back I actually have to say I wouldn't even need the 2nd screen nor the 3D, I'd be perfectly happy if they'd still support the GBA and we would get modern franchises on it, within the constraints and limits of 16bit. I'd actually be PERFECTLY happy with that!
And YES I DID love the GB-MICRO! There, I said it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

mrayski

3Dash wrote:

Guys, remember FEA, ACNL, and LMDM are just the first half of the year! The next half will probably see another 2-3 absolutely amazing titles.

Agreed!

mrayski

Klunk23

Fire Emblem, Animal crossing, and pokemon mystery dungeon will make my entire year.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.