Forums

Topic: 2013 the year for 3DS?

Posts 61 to 80 of 147

e-love

@moomoo, I may have worded that wrong. My point being just that, for the 3DS at least, this year was much more involved than last year. Maybe packed wasn't the correct word perhaps? I still don't see why other systems are even being brought into discussion considering this is about 2013 for the 3DS. I stated my opinion on this year versus last year for the 3DS.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

moomoo

@Emaan Okay. I agree with you then. The first year for 3DS sucked.

I brought the other devices into discussion for comparison, more than anything else. It's kind of hard to say there's a lack of games if there's nothing to compare it to.

As for the topic at hand, I doubt we'll see the system's definitive year until about 4 years into the cycle. The Wii's best year in terms of games output (based on how I see it) was 2010, while the DS had a pretty incredible run from 2007 to 2009, where an excellent game was getting released every month. The 3DS isn't quite there yet.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

PhoenixUltra

2013 is the year of wii u.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

Scollurio

PhoenixUltra wrote:

2013 is the year of wii u.

Definitely NOT. 3rd party support IS lacking and will be lacking until there is a bigger install base and all the BIG ninty franchises are scheduled for a 2014/2015 release - at least thats my guess. We might see a mario kart or zelda a bit earlier but smash brothers, metroid, possible fzero revival are really far off. I think late 2014 will be really strong for Wii U. Just look how long it takes for the 3DS to really gain momentum!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

But First party Wii U support is the best we've seen since the freakin' Gamecube, so I'll be happy.

I'm not sure if I follow. It's a little early to be determining that.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Scollurio

CactusJackson wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

But First party Wii U support is the best we've seen since the freakin' Gamecube, so I'll be happy.

I'm not sure if I follow. It's a little early to be determining that.

This.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

LzWinky

Oh I'm sure 2013 is the year for Wii U because it needs a good first year

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

There's already 6 games I care about - Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, LEGO City Undercover...oh wait, Monster Hunter and Ray Man are Third Party. I stand corrected. Good year either way, though, even if it's not Gamecube good. Still, if we get, like, 3 more games, it'd definitely be up there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Scollurio

Back on TOPIC what do you think are the 3DS titles coming 2013 that will define the year and/or be a system seller?

For me it's (in this order):

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • unannounced Zelda game (Link to the Past remake or new 2D Zelda would be awesome)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Castelvania Lords of Shadows
  • Animal Crossing
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Code of Princess (since it isn't out in EU yet)

I'd really hope for even more awesome games, those titles are strong and Monster Hunter alone might carry me through 2013 but still it's a really low frequency of awesome games compared to DS. Again, it's only the second year for 3DS right?

#supportindies

SMEXIZELDAMAN

This year will rock. Unchained Blades, Then Fire Emblem, then Etrian Odyssey 4 within 2 months! And some other lame games who cares

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Douglas444

starting 2013:

Castlevania
Fire Emblem
Monster Hunter 3G
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Kokopolo 3D
Animal Crossing
Luigi Mansion
Monster Hunter 4

Yes, 2013 is 2013DS

Douglas444

Otto-Soq

2013 will be a year of interesting games for me! I've been waiting a long time for some deep turn-based stuff on my favourite machine.

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

SkywardLink98

Generally we get an announcement of a new Zelda a couple years before they release it. They mentioned Skayward Sword what 2009? The only thing we can be sure about this year is Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing. Doesn't sound like "Year of the 3DS" to me.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

RR529

Douglas444 wrote:

starting 2013:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates of Infinity
Kokopolo 3D
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Etrian Odyssey IV
Unchained Blades
Shantae: the Pirate's Curse
Yatagaratsu
Guxt
Ikachan
Mutant Mudds 2

Great list, but it was missing a few things (also removed MH4, because we probably won't get 3 Ultimate & 4 in the same year).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Scollurio

Well yes the recent Pokemon announcement really made my day - or well my october. It's still so long and I want to enjoy each and every day until then but It's good to know something big is on the horizon!

#supportindies

HandheldGuru97

In Japan at least they get...
Monster Hunter IV
Animal Crossing is still selling like crazy
Dragon Quest Vll
The last Layton game
A few more I can't remember
And now Pokemon X and Y
Yep 2013 is the year for the 3DS and I can see it lasting through early 2014

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Drawdler

Well, to me 2013 is the year of the 3DS (which totally needs to be added to the Zodiac over Rabbit ) now, I... I can't even come up for something suiting for this situation. Not that I particularly care about wether I'll find 2012 or 2013 better, I just enjoy comparing them, and it looks like 2013 will be a wonderful year for Nintendo fans in general(in addition to the following 3DS releases, the Wii U will begin to pick up serious steam, at least for a few months of play around March).

• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Pokémon X and Pokémon Y
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Mutant Mudds 2
  • And possibilities of some various localizations

Now- I'm not trying to say that I think the lineup for 2013 that we know about is better in my mind, but too many of these releases are coming out too early for them to not have a few more amazing games planned later on, especially since they'll need to hold onto something to combat the possibility of Sony and Microsoft joining into Generation 8 at E3 so they'll probably show off a couple of great 3DS games in addition to more Wii U games. In my own opinion, what we do know of is just as good as 2012 so I can easily see this year beating the last with a couple more great releases.
Either way... MAN THIS IS GONNA BE SWEET!

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.