It wasn't so long ago that Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final arrived on 3DS in Japan, and now Atlus has confirmed some pleasing news - it's coming to the Americas this Summer as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse.
Tying into events from Shin Megami Tensei IV, though you don't necessarily have to play that one first, this one has a plot and characters that partially overlap. For fans of the series it also offers a few twists to the gameplay formula, summarised in the press release extract below.
- Divine Intrigue - Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods' chess game.
- Combat Partners - Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons - Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
- Revamped Demon Fusion - Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat - Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.
As is often the case with these localised Atlus titles it'll come at a premium price of $49.99 / CA$64.99 at both retail and on the eShop. We suspect there'll be a handsome day one edition, too, though Atlus is keeping that close to its chest so far; there are no European release details, either.
You can see a flashy trailer below; are you looking forward to this one?