Video: Evolution And Biking Shown In Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Posted by Andrew Karklins

Footage of Acro Bike & evolution in action

A new video recently posted to Centro Pokémon showcases some new footage of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Although the footage is in Japanese, the footage reveals some new footage of the evolution sequence, as well as the Acro Bike in action.

The video bregins by showcasing a wild encounter, which looks very similar to the battles of Pokémon X & Y Although the visuals surrounding the battle information such as HP and level, the battles look almost identical to X & Y.

The next major segment of the video showcases the evolution process, which from a visual standpoint looks very appealing. Afterwards, some footage of Fortree City was shown, as well as the player using the Acro Bike to perform wheelies across the city's various rope bridges.

The footage ends with some gameplay from Route 119 and the Jagged Pass. On Route 119, the player once again uses the Acro Bike to cross of the Narrow Bridges found on the route. On the Jagged Pass, the player puts the Acro Bike to work again, this time using the bunny hop to scale the mountain.

[via youtube.com]

Frank90

Frank90 said:

Ruby and saphire were my first Pokémon games that I played trying make a competitive team!
I'm very excited about this remake!

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

The evolution sequence looks really cool. Also that random Psychic trainer is under Cycling Road again.

Must say though, was slightly disappointed to hear the title screen theme when I clicked on the video. I wanna hear more of the soundtrack!!!

miiandmario

miiandmario said:

Awesome! Liked how in Ruby and Sapphire had the 2 bikes different in their own ways, and I'm glad their bringing them back

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

This is TOTALLY fake.
...
....So anyways yeah, why does Pika get the voice? I wanna hear Charmander's! TwT
Also...what's up with the music fading out constantly when the video changes, it scares me. lol

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

I forget, has it been confirmed if the Acro and Mach Bike have been combined or if you still have to keep going back to the Bike Shop to switch them back and forth when you're going to a different area.

Shane904

Shane904 said:

I just thought of something...

What are they going to do for the Game Corner? (I honestly want Voltorb Flip<3)

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

@ColdingLight I'm not sure what you mean by compatible? I know you can transfer pokemon to alpha sapphire and omega ruby through pokemon bank.

I'm really liking what I see so far. The evolution animation is pretty cool (although pokemon usually evolve out of their pokeball. The bike hopping looks interesting. I am still disappointed that most of overworld wont be in 3D.

GumbyX84

GumbyX84 said:

@DarkKirby They are different bikes like they were in the original games according to Bulbapedia ,which backs it up with official artwork for the game. The footage at the end of the video is of the Mach Bike going up the mud slope. The article incorrectly states it was the Aero Bike, which cannot go up slopes due to being slower than the Mach Bike.

luckybreak

luckybreak said:

What's the chance of a 3DS XL edition? I'm curious cuz ill get the smash bros one instead if not.

SO MUCH NOSTALGIA! OMG!

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

Oooh can't wait to play gen 3 games in 3D. I'll be preordering one of the versions sometime next month.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@Xiao_Pai Pikachu has the same voice worldwide done by a single actress so is much easier and cheaper to have the rights there. Also the case of data storage, 700+ cries for 6 languages is going to take up a lot of space.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

@luckybreak That's what I'm looking to see if it turns up, an XL. Didn't care much for the XY ones(aside from that gold one Japan got).

Just under 3 months 'til these games! (-:

BLPs

BLPs said:

Okay. While graphically it isn't as bland as X/Y (Granted this applies more for battles than the overworld, but Kalos looked boring anyway) I can't help but have one tiny graphical niggle...

Why am I able to see more with the camera of a GBA game than a 3DS game? I know you want to show off the 3D graphics but honestly having zoomed close for most of the time makes the polygon count pretty damn noticeable, so it looks less Super Mario 3D Land/Kid Icarus: Uprising/Kirby Triple Deluxe smooth and more...PS1 jagged.

BLPs

BLPs said:

Oh, and have we had any news on why the EU is getting it later than the rest of the world even though they said Worldwide releases were going to be standard?

Emaan

Emaan said:

This video destroyed my speakers :*

But also saved my life. Can't wait for these remakes!

BLPs

BLPs said:

@Interneto

Bull. I honestly think hearing Pikachu do it's Pika-speak is cute and all, it also ruins the immersion a bit. Like, why does Pikachu sound like it's from the anime, but when it evolves it becomes a sound effect again? Same with other Pokémon. If Pikachu is voiced, why isn't other popular anime Pokémon, or all Pokémon for that matter?

It's like what X and Y did with character models. Sure, here is a 3D model on the overworld, but in battle it's a 2D piece of art moved across the screen. What makes this jarring is that Team Flare and rivals get 3D models for their intros, but not anyone else. Not even the "Final Boss"

Interneto

Interneto said:

@BLPs Those sound effects are their animalistic cries. The less "robotic" they seem the better.

I'm glad Raichu sounds that way and no other Pokémon (except Chatot) say their names since the animé shouldn't be followed that much when talking about games. Pikachu is the main icon so I'm ok with it.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

@BLPs I'm with you on this one. I kind of wish that the names were in the game. I just think that the names would make it less confusing for kids or newcomers to series that watch the anime. Although the legendaries saying their names would be kind of weird as most of them "cry" or actually speak in the anime.