Citizens of Earth Pushed Back to November, Priced at $14.99

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

30+ hour campaign promised

Citizens of Earth could be one of the most intriguing download titles on Wii U and 3DS to arrive later this year. Developed by Eden Industries, it failed in a Kickstarter campaign before well-known publisher Atlus jumped in to the rescue. A cartoonish style with heavy doses of humour will combine for a promised 30+ hour JRPG-style adventure.

Atlus has today revealed that the meaty experience will come at a thoroughly reasonable price, as it'll cost $14.99 in North America; the European price hasn't been pinned down as yet. The only downside is that the previous October target release has now been pushed back to November, to accommodate a little more time to finish off the campaign.

It's a release that promises much, but let us know whether you plan to pick it up on Wii U or 3DS this November.

ZeroZX_Dev

ZeroZX_Dev said:

Great news I guess, Wii U needs more RPGs.
Speaking of which: Where's SMTxFE, Atlus?

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

That's fine by me and the price sounds about right. Still need a review or two before I jump in.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Pushed back? I wasn't aware it had a date before hand.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot it was set to release in September.

Kiteleon

Kiteleon said:

How many Earthbound references can you put in one Trailer? It's a new Guinness record!

S3OL

S3OL said:

@Kiteleon This made me laugh. Thanks.

I have to say though, this game is looking pretty quirky and I love it! This game fits my personality and I can't wait for a date for the European version!

ChemyNoSurfea

ChemyNoSurfea said:

Kinda annoyed they pushed back it's release. But I guess it's for the best. Can't wait any longer!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will get this but I will play Earthbound first. I got it as my Plat reward this year, so it is just a matter of booting it up from my Wii U menu.

Also, I can get this and Shovel Knight (or Guacamelee) for the price of Steel Empire? Those guys are crazy.

PKNoUsernameHere

PKNoUsernameHere said:

Meh, just another indie releas-
Notices all teh Earthbound references
I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS GAME EXISTED A FEW HOURS AGO AND I ALREADY WANT IT.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

Damn can't wait for this and these guys must love earthbound with all there earthbound references.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Looking good gameplay-wise, but what really drives me through an RPG is story. Hopefully this game's got a good one.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Whoa, 30 hours? So it will not only be heavily inspired by Earthbound, it will also be roughly as long. This is great news!

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

Install buy.now to decide wether I buy for my U or Xl? I have a couple of rpgs on my U and just don't feel inclined to play them....even so probably U for the ddp

JustinH

JustinH said:

I'm sorry but $15 for something that looks like it's made in RPG Maker, it's just not happening. I'm no graphics snob but this game has just looked to ugly to even consider, which is probably why it did so poorly on its Kickstarter campaign.

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

Atlus published this, so I'm getting it.

Of course, they just gave me another reason to get this game.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

15 bucks for a 30 hour campaign seems like a pretty sweet deal. Though I will still need to see a review when it comes out the possibility of getting it looks solid so far.