Adam West Dusts Off His Bat-Vocals for LEGO Batman 3

Posted by Alex Olney

Burt Ward else matters?

In true LEGO style, the lightheartedness of LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham has been pushed further yet with an increased character roster and — most importantly — with Adam West joining the cast of well-known stars who will be lending their voices to the game.

Veterans of the series will be getting a bit of old-school love as well, with classic 1960s costumes for characters such as Robin, Catwoman and Batgirl, so fans of the show will find plenty to remember.

West plays himself as well as the iconic vigilante, and will be joined by some of the more obscure characters from the DC Comics universe, including Arkillo, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Hawkman, Krypto and Mr. Mxyzptlk, with more yet to be announced.

This instalment promises to push the boundaries of the previous two games and expand the world beyond our atmosphere and into outer space. Even with two versions of Batman can the Justice League muster enough bat-strength and conquer the likes of Lex Luthor, The Joker and the rest of the cacophony of villains lead by the sinister Braniac?

You can find the trailer from Comic-Con 2014 below, complete with subtle ducks reference, and a neat cast video with the voice actors — including Adam West.

Related Games

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Will definitely think about getting this game. I watched the Adam West Batman show when it was on reruns and loved it. Hopefully this will be a good game.

2Sang

2Sang said:

Ok as much as I think the lego series is a waste, if Adam West is performing in this one, I may pick this game up.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Haha! Thats awesome!
Hopefully he comes packing the shark repellant bat spray!!

Mega719

Mega719 said:

First Stan Lee in Lego Marvel now Adam West in Batman 3. Imagine Shigeru Miaymoto in a Lego Nintendo

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I only own 1 Lego game, and it's the first Lego Batman game. If Adam West is in this 1... well I might have to go ahead and buy my second Lego game.

Adam West is the best Batman, and any argument against this fact is invalid.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Batman games are the only Warner Bros games that I am willing to buy. No Batman Arkham Knight, no sale from me. I will think about this game, though...

skjia

skjia said:

@XCWarrior better than George Clooney? :P
But in all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

This news just made this jump from "Oh, another Lego game" to day one purchase lol

Stu13

Stu13 said:

The first one was okay, but Lego Batman 2 was great fun. Assuming they keep that uptick in quality going this should be awesome. Adam West is just icing on the Lego cake for me.

JosieC84

JosieC84 said:

Na na na na na na na na BATMAN
Pure West style. He was my favourite Batman! Hope Burt Ward will be in there too. "Holy Atomic Pile, Batman!"

rjejr

rjejr said:

Im not a DC fan but this installment is looking quite fun. Have they shown the giant Legion of Doom head hq yet?

jedisquidward

jedisquidward said:

If we have Adam West Batman, how about Heath Ledger Joker? They've got a special minifigure for him and everything.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

@XCWarrior Agreed. To any challengers to the superiority of the Adam West Batman, consider this. In any given episode of the old series, Batman does more detective work than the last SEVEN live action movies combined. That (lengthy expletives list deleted by poster) Nolan forgot that he isn't the Dark Knight, he's the Dark Knight DETECTIVE.

xj0462

xj0462 said:

thats great!!! i hope they put the 60s theme in here aswell
nananananananananana BATMAN!!!

ChristopherM

ChristopherM said:

Perhaps worth mentioning that Adam West has already provided the voice for a "Lego-compatible" C3 Batman figure - in the animated short "Batman: New Times". Mark Hamill voiced the Joker and Dick Van Dyke was Commissioner Gordon.

The DVD is long out-of-print, but the short can still be streamed from DAVE School, where it was made.

DBPirate

DBPirate said:

Going to be another great LEGO game as always (with the exception of every DS LEGO game and LEGO the Hobbit)!

Dauntless

Dauntless said:

What I don't like is how they keep using the Batman name. At this point it should be called Lego Justice League. But will probably get Lego Batman 6 before that happens.

Action51

Action51 said:

NOBODY MESSES WITH ADAM WE!

OH YES YES YES!!!!! MUST BUY!!!!

ADAM WEST IS BEYOND CAMPY COOL!

Action51

Action51 said:

@Dauntless - I would love just a regular Justice league unlimited game done by a solid developer without any ridiculous time restrictions or lame movie tie-ins.

I don't want it dark like Arkham series...I love Arkham series but we already have one...and not too light-hearted like the Lego games...again, great games but we have them already.

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Looks fun! The only Lego game I've bought is Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga.

I AM tempted to get this, Adam West is almost worth the price alone! :P

Bizzyb

Bizzyb said:

@Austroid Do you own a Wii U? If so, Do yourself a favor and please, please Get LEGO City Undercover. You can thank me later ;)

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

@Bizzyb Yeah, I do have a Wii U.

For some reason I haven't gotten Undercover yet. It really reminds me of those older Lego games on PC like Lego Island, which I enjoyed for countless hours back in the day. Gotta fix that! :)