E3 2014: Mii Fighter Confirmed for Super Smash Bros.

Posted by Martin Watts

Anyone can now join the fight

Nintendo has revealed during its E3 2014 Digital Event that Miis will be playable in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games, and they're a lot more fleshed out than you might have thought. The showcase initially teased the inclusion by showing Satoru Iwata and Reggie Fils-Aime face off against one another in an epic Matrix-inspired battle.

Given that Miis are a personal representation of the player, Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai and his team have allowed for further customisation with this particular character. There are three different Mii variants to choose from: Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter and Mii Gunner.

The Mii Brawler is a fast and in-your-face fighter, designed for close-combat. The Mii Swordfighter — unsurprisingly — is a weapons master, while Mii Gunner will utilise long-ranged attacks in their bid to win the fight.

Related Games

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

The only downside is people complaining how kids will emulate the violence their miis do on-screen.

On a positive side, when I play a Mii, I'll be a swordsmen, or brawler.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Disappointed, mainly because I didn't want to fight a bunch of Miis online... Especially considering many will probably be joke Miis, fighting Hitler and Jesus will be fun for all of five minutes, it'll get old fast.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

You have no idea how happy I am about this! I wanted Miis to be announced at E3 because of Tomodachi Life being released just a few days ago, and here they are, just like how the Villager was announced at last year's E3 a few days after Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Im not excited about this at all honestly but im glad the option is there for those who want it.

I do love how they changed the release date for the WiiU to Winter 2014! Im more secure that Smash is coming out this year now

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

Oh god im happy but i know for a fact im going to play people, who are going to use reggie as there mii which would be fun either way.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

The Iwata and Reggie fight was one of the funniest and most epic things I've ever seen. Props to Nintendo for that, I loved it.

Dr_Corndog

Dr_Corndog said:

I wonder if you can customize the appearance beyond the Mii's face. I'd like to replace the sword with an axe so I can play my Axe Cop Mii.

MetalK9

MetalK9 said:

When people said Mii for a Fighter. I was thinking "Hella No!"
But they all look beast. Man. Gonna love being a fighter on a game and not just my imagination.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Mii as fighters for Super Smash Bros. I'm going to enjoy beating my girlfriend as my look a like.
Hmm, I retype this like 5 times and it still sound like domestic abuse.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Yeah! I cant wait to see my Mii going 'Max Payne' on my buds!!!

I was surprised how much this little tidbit excited me, especially as I'm not really that hyped on the game at the moment.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Yeah, I'm down with this. Will I prefer using Genesaur over Samus, Marth, or Link? Or Palutena, since she seems rad as hell? Only time will tell.

Or Little Mac.

Or Hank Hill. You know it'll be awesome!

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Awesome news! I wanted Miis in Brawl so finally I get my wish!

Better to have something so synonymous with Nintendo than to have some obscure Fire Emblem character.

erv

erv said:

Oh, I can see my mii with a sword alright... this is hilarious :)

Gashole

Gashole said:

@ShadJV, guess what: Mii Fighters are only playable With Friends, instead of With Anyone, online. Got that info from the Smash Bros. website.

Alucard83

Alucard83 said:

Why would i play like a Mii? Othrs feelin this way as well? They can better focus on more characters instead easy. nuff said. Never ever will MII in game!