Don't Touch Anything Red announced for Wii U eShop

Posted by Alex Phillimore

Play the demo in your browser today

Indie developer Helix Games will be bringing its challenging upcoming title Don't Touch Anything Red to the Wii U eShop in the not-too-distant future.

The game features off TV play, versus and co-op modes, two single player modes and five-player multiplayer only possible on the Wii U by use of the GamePad. While seemingly simplistic in appearance, the game is more complex than it may look at a glance; with multiple ways of playing, including with the Wii U GamePad, the Pro Controller and the Wii Remote, there's bound to be a form of control to suit all players.

The game also features music from chiptune artist Kubbi, which matches its old-school aesthetic, and is planned for a budget-priced release in July.

You can try the demo in your browser and watch the trailer below — is this on your radar?

[via wiiudaily.com]

Tops

Tops said:

Thank goodness it said the footage was of the dev build. After watching the trailer I don't think I could look at that for very long; it seemed too jittery.

MrV4ltor

MrV4ltor said:

I just played the browser demo and.... if that really is what the finished product looks and plays like..... Good luck selling some copies ...

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Good lord, I hope that demo is not representative of the finished project.

Ladnaks

Ladnaks said:

I cannot understand the bad comments. The graphics are simple, but the demo is addictive and it costs less than a Big Mac.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

So far my high score in Gravity mode is 634 points.
And for Arcade 419
I'm confused by the backround in the demo. It looks like Nintendo Life, only in a glitched up form. I don't understand why and I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing it.

Sephariel

Sephariel said:

I like the demo, will buy it for sure when it comes to Europe. Its just the type of game i like to play, when im in bed and I want to play someting quick and simple.

Randomname19

Randomname19 said:

Don't bother buying this if you have Warioware inc.There's a similar minigame called Skating Board.

Ladnaks

Ladnaks said:

@Maelstrom Is this an accusation? Everybody has to write his first comment somewhen. Just take a look at wiiudaily.com, where the developer of the game is commenting under his company name. Wouldn't make much sense to create a fake account for nintendolife.com, don't you think?

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

So in other words this is the opposite of Mirror's Edge?

Jk, looks alright but I personally don't care for score attack games.

ToonLink795

ToonLink795 said:

Just played the demo and got like 216 points after like 7 tries lol. Also this game so looks a simple flash game which it probably is. Might buy the game if it's like 99 cents.

River3636

River3636 said:

I don't know, maybe I'll give it a whirl. Atari 2600 I don't really remember it too young too. I think I can appreciate the simplicity of this game.

tovare

tovare said:

There's something wrong with the scrolling.

Personally I would have preferred something like the Scratch language for the Wii U.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I just have very little interest in all these runner games. I dug bit.trip, but all these others in the same style really aren't adding anything, so far as I can tell.

lividd3ad

lividd3ad said:

I hope by "budget-priced" this means they'll actually be paying me to play this trash.

It plays like something that they knocked up in 30 minutes using Game Maker.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Seems okay but would be better if they made got some sprites in there to make it look better. A little bit of time spent on presentation would no doubt move alot more copies.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

And no doubt some color-blind gamer is going to buy this, and become eternally frustrated at their lack of progress :/

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

Just played the demo,brutal! This would have reviewed badly back in 1982 and if it gets any more than a 2 or 3 here I'll be shocked.

I'd rather play Pele Soccer 2600 ;)

FarsanBaloo

FarsanBaloo said:

WTF!
It's a TOUCH based game and I can only play it on my PC (without touchscreen) with mouse buttons?
Doesn't work on the iPad, doesn't work on the Wii U!
Why release a demo that doesn't work on the platform it is going to be released on?

rockodoodle

rockodoodle said:

I'm okay with minimalist graphics- I thought Edge was a pretty cool game. Blockdrop was worth $2 I suppose. I might have to draw the line here and pass.

WaxxyOne

WaxxyOne said:

Played demo for 3 minutes. Exited demo. I now have no need to pay any money for this "game" as I have experienced literally everything I want to (and more) out of it.

Mindless cell phone games like this are terrible, and Nintendo has no need of such garbage on their system.