Video: Here's Some Battle Footage From Wii U Space Sim Hullbreach: Uncloaked

Posted by Damien McFerran

Take to the stars

We've already shown you some of the locations you'll get to explore in the forthcoming Wii U eShop title Hullbreach: Uncloaked, and we've now been given some fresh footage which shows how battles will pan out in the game.

If you'd like to know more about the game, check out our interview with Hullbreach Studios, the team behind the game.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

I know it's not real but having explosions make booms in space seems silly. There is no sound in space. It would make for a VERY quiet game otherwise...

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

I'll just go ahead and assume this is alpha footage - otherwise Hullbreach would be one of the ugliest 3D games I've seen in the past years...

ToniK

ToniK said:

I'm not sure what's going on in this vid but if this gets at least mediocre reviews I'm getting it. Because of... well... space. I love space.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

I wasn't gonna buy this because I don't have a Wii U.

If I got a Wii U I was gonna skip it because of the creators homophobic comments.

But now, even if he retracted those statements, I wouldn't buy it cause the game looks like horse crap!

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

Space... a boring frontier...

...and confusing too for that matter. Not that I care but, what was going on?

CthulhiGames

CthulhiGames said:

I know the developers , this is early alpha footage. Though ill admit ive seen some developers passing their alphas as finished games tsk tsk.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

@koelboel I really wish "Elite" would come to the Wii U, id love to play a game liek that with touch controls to activate several ship functions. Let's hope they polish this one up and it delivers in the end.

Kilroy

Kilroy said:

Michael Bay is developing the game?

I wonder how many people are actually going to watch this and think "Oh, it's clearly alpha footage". Out of context, it's absolutely confusing and seems like their marketing department is a joke.

Screenshots might've done this press release better justice, since the only quality here is proof that they're working on something with potential. Still, it's a space sim, so I'm keeping my eye on it.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Maaaybe a little early to be showing off footage? At least have a "still in development" message up, the whole way through.

HopeNForever

HopeNForever said:

Not sure which is more cringeworthy: This video footage , or the game's horrid logo design. I really, really hope there is definitely more work to be done on this. I love me some space games!

rayword45

rayword45 said:

@brandonbwii This response is late isn't it?

Anyways, unfortunately I believe the most outright offensive comments he has made have been lost to the purging of data on his own website... I mean why make yourself look bad when you can simply be a closet jerk?

BUT! One rather notable example exists here http://www.dsipaint.com/memberblog.php?blog=43146

Look for HullBreach in the comments and read his statement about bisexuality. There used to be much worse but this is still pretty bad IMO.