RPG Earthlock: Festival of Magic Will Be Casting A Spell On Wii U Next Year

Posted by Liam Doolan

Q2 2015 can’t come sooner

After close to one year, crowdfunded RPG Earthlock: Festival of Magic is now officially headed to multiple platforms – including the Wii U eShop. With less than two days remaining, developer Snowcastle Games managed to meet and surpass its goal of $150,000.

It has taken longer than expected, with a few setbacks and delays – including a name change — but Earthlock promises to deliver a colourful, non-linear "no-nonsense" turn-based RPG experience incorprating elements of harvesting and more, such as growing vital resources which act as ammunition during battle.

With quality team-based battle mechanics, thoughtful environment puzzles, and a lot of stunning artwork, this title has been on the radar of the RPG community for quite some time now.

If you’re keen on Earthlock: Festival of Magic, the only bad news is it'll be a while before it graces the Wii U eShop. Currently, it's slated for a Q2 2015 release. Ouch! Here's a video to make that wait even more unbearable.

Thanks to Jaxon for the tip.

[via nintendoeverything.com, kickstarter.com]

smikey

smikey said:

I thought it looked close for a while but I'm really happy it finally made it & happy to have backed it.
Here's hoping hex heroes does the same (not confident)
& cult country (feel highly doubtful)

Emblem

Emblem said:

@smikey I was watching this very close as i had a bet on it, at the last minute they got two very generous pledges of 8k and one for 2.5k. In any case i'm glad another game is making its way to Wii U.

I also hope Hex Heroes gets it funding, i'm not to bothered about Cult Country as it will be coming with or without kickstarter.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Awesome news! They've been sending me email updates about this game and it certainly seems like it's going to have fantastic lore, mechanisms and characters.

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Yes. This reminds me, I should go ahead and back this game since I'm definitely picking it up on WiiU.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I'm glad to be one of the backers. This is the exact kind of game I miss on the Wii U right now. :)

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

So glad this game is funded. This is a genre the Wii U needs. We need diversity. I love platformers so much, but I'm burnt out!

Specters

Specters said:

Pairing system sounds like a watered down version of Suikoden 3. Probably will get this when it comes out though.

Pod

Pod said:

The "oomf" of this game has improved dramatically over the past year. Glad to see they made their Kickstarter goal.

Action51

Action51 said:

YAAAY!!!!!

I was really hoping this game would make it's goal and come to Wii U. We need more RPGs on the U, and I love the Torchlight-like art and design.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I emailed the team at Snowcastle just giving them my support and re-assuring them I'd double my pledge if need be, and they actually emailed me back with a decent response. Awesome devs, and I'm so glad this game was funded- way to push at the tape people!

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Nice! I liked the way this game looked from the beginning! I will definitely be keeping my eye on it up until release.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I don't really play a lot of turn based combat games but like others have stated, we need a diverse selection of games on the eShop and this game will be welcome news for those who want to play games like Earthlock.