Zen Studios DLC For Star Wars Pinball and CastleStorm Landing on the Wii U eShop This Week

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

That's in North America and Europe

Zen Studios has shown solid support for the Wii U eShop to date, releasing multiple titles and accompanying DLC on Nintendo's system. While there have been slight delays to the arrival of DLC, in particular, it's nevertheless pleasing for Wii U owners to get access to all of the content in some of the developer's most entertaining titles.

The positive trend will continue this week, with Zen Studios confirming the arrival of additional DLC for both Star Wars Pinball and CastleStorm; this content will hit the Wii U eShop in North America and Europe in this week's update on 13th March.

To start with Star Wars Pinball, the DLC will be the Balance of the Force expansion, which integrates into the original game. It'll include three tables — "Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi", "Darth Vader" and "Star Wars: Starfighter Assault"; this pack will cost $9.99 / €9.99 / £8.99.

Star Wars Pinball "Balance of the Force" DLC

Next up we have "The Warrior's Queen" DLC for CastleStorm, with the following description provided by Zen Studios.

The Warrior Queen reveals a new Viking Elite troop class, plus huge additions to the arsenal of weapons available for the destruction of your enemy’s castles. We’re not joking around here: Meteor Showers, Exploding Barrels, Stormbringers, Golem Hostages, and you heard it here first: FROZEN SWORDFISH. Throw in 20 new battles and new achievements and you have an excellent addition to your favorite super 2D physics destruction tower defense brawler mashup.

This pack will have the same price as the recent Outcast to Savior DLC — $2.99 / €2.99 / £2.39.

CastleStorm "The Warrior Queen" DLC

Do you have either of these games on Wii U, and are you tempted by this DLC?

Related Games

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Pff Tropical Freeze had those frozen (sword?)fish projectiles first :p

looking forward to the DLC. Bought Castle Storm just last week and it is pretty dang awesome ;)

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

Hopefully this means that the new tables for the 3ds will not be to far behind. Zen is probably doing another Star Wars game instead of going the dlc way though.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I wish the Star Wars pinball game was like the original set-up, where you could pick and choose tables. 'Cause I don't care for the Clone Wars or Boba Fett, and would want just this expansion as a standalone. Maybe I wait for 3DS version?

Emblem

Emblem said:

Sweet, I'm still playing the last Castlestorm DLC so I'll likley pick this one up in a couple weeks.

rjejr

rjejr said:

That Warrior Queen DLC was really quick, the other one just came out recently. Nice to see the Pinball tables as well. Have to give Zen credit for the Wii U support, thats for sure.

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

About time! I don't really care for the clone wars table so this original trilogy table is perfect for me. :-)

bofis

bofis said:

Yay, I've been waiting for more Star Wars Pinball tables for months!

Cosats

Cosats said:

Please, make the audio for these 3 tables to not be monaural like the first three ones :(

Pichubby

Pichubby said:

NIce that the Castle storm DLC came so quick... I was expecting quite a few mor months.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

More great work Zen!!! Havn't finished the first dlc for castlestorm yet but I'll still buy this day one as Zen have been the most consistent supporters of Wii u to date and since I can't bring myself to like computer based pinball it's the only way I can support them so far.
Castlestorm really is amazing if anyone was on the fence about it, I've put more time into that than Mario 3d world so far by a good margin. Now THAT is an endorsement =)

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

@ULTRA-64 I totally agree with everything you just said! People need to look after their friends, and Zen are friends of the Wii U.

Tethers

Tethers said:

@Darth_Pascal:
"I hope they took the time to fix the leaderboards... (But I bet they did not)"

Haha, we are talking here about Zen Studios, so of course they do NOT fix the leaderboards, and this is also the reason why I am still not buying any of their games anymore...

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Tethers @Darth_Pascal I just heard from the community manager from the Zen fourms that they were fixed! Haven't tested that out yet though. It's posted on miiverse in the comments!

Edit: Not only are they fixed but holy crap are they fast!!!

Second edit: After one game played they seem to not be working again! I guess it was too good to be true!

cmk8

cmk8 said:

£8.99 seems very steep for the pinball. Hope they're not as much of a nightmare to download as the Zen Pinball DLC was - took me ages to figure out how to get Plants vs Zombies!
Excited re Castlestorm - excellent game.

vattodev

vattodev said:

Castlestorm is an amazing game. With all these DLC it's going to last longer than many AAA titles for 1/3 of the price.

purpleibby

purpleibby said:

Will be buying the star wars dlc for sure. Day one purchase! Took a while but seeing the quality I can understand why!

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

Finally we get the extra Star Wars tables! I'll be buying them on Thursday for sure.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

I think I'll get all the DLC for both (didn't know Castlestorm already had DLC). I was thinking of skipping Castlestorm DLC, but the price is nice and low.