Mario Kart Ride-on Racing into the UK Later this Year

Posted by Tim Latshaw

"Billy, why'd you peel all the bananas?"

Let's admit it: some things just feel wasted on the young. With Nintendo stating its desire to increase its IP licensing, those of us who are adults can at least get away with buying the new plushies and figures and such that will come of this. But a licensed replica of Mario's very own Mario Kart as a ride-on? Good luck squeezing our fully-developed rears into one of those, as much as we want to try.

According to Toy News, Jakks Pacific will be releasing the ride-on in the UK this coming autumn or winter. Some readers may better know ride-ons by the brand eponym "power wheels." The ride-on from Jakks Pacific will include a 6V battery and the option to switch between on-road and off-road tires.

Ken Goodinson, a representative of Jakks Pacific, sounds quite pleased to be offering the kart among the company's lineup:

It's an exciting little runner that we expect to sit competitively within other 6V ride-ons and with it being so relevant to the Nintendo Mario Kart, it should do very well.

It's hard to disagree with him. Are there any other karts from the series you'd like to see presented in ride-on form? Let us know in the comments.

[via toynews-online.biz]

Related Games

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Buy a bunch of these for kids, give em banana peels and watch em go. Now just sit back and enjoy the show.

rjejr

rjejr said:

So funny that it's Jakks Pacific. Pretty soon JP will be selling Wii U Gamepad look alikes that hook directly up to the tv that play games that are clones of Wii U games for $99. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't out somewhere already.

Here's their Wii rip-off in case you are out of the loop:

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

Oh my God. I may have to get this for my son... WHETHER HE WANTS IT OR NOT!!! Lol awesome

Gashole

Gashole said:

Crap! I wish I could fit into one of those! Wait, no motor... never mind. I can still dream.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Too bad...if it wasn't for height, I probably could still fit in something like this if it hit the US, lmao.

Have no kids, so eh...

AJ_Lethal

AJ_Lethal said:

"Good luck squeezing our fully-developed rears into one of those, as much as we want to try."

Well, you could save some money (or sell your organs), get one of these:
Untitled

and wrap it in a Mario Kart paint scheme.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

They should make real sized Mario Karts. Like normal karts, but with the Mario Kart theme.

mch

mch said:

When is this real Nintendoland for all ages coming again?

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i could get it for my two year old son if it came west. my son loves mario because of his older brother.

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

If I had a collectors room I'd buy it and suspend it upside down from the ceiling

LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni said:

I thought that this was a toy car that was a Club Nintendo item... Like a Matchbox Car for a number of stars... (I am in NA, so already knew it wasn't for me but...)

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Yeah, this is a good start but they should have more variety too. At least a Luigi one so close friends or actual brothers can really have fun together there.
Maybe even a Peach and Daisy one for the girls.
If these do well it might even make sense to have a DK, Wario and Bowser? one. Would be cool to see a group of kids using these.