DuckTales: Remastered Hits Retail Shelves in North America

Posted by Tim Latshaw

New video celebrates its release (we think?)

If you've been holding off on DuckTales: Remastered until you had a version you could hold in your own two mitts and/or amass a swimmable vault-full of, then today is your day — if you're in North America, at least.

The physical retail version of DuckTales: Remastered has been released to stores today for $19.99 MSRP. You can find it for the Wii U, PS3, and Xbox 360, but it should be noted that Target has a special Wii U edition that comes with a collectible DuckTales pin aimed to pierce you right in your nostalgia.

Capcom has also released a short video in honour of DuckTales's physical release, below. It's... a new sort of experience.

Will you be picking up DuckTales: Remastered on disc? Do you plan on doing so even if you have the digital version?

[via capcom-unity.com, capcom-unity.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I think this is a good idea for the simple fact it appeals to a large group of people and some kids might not get to see this on the eshop!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I will be getting if for nothing else but the pin. I already but it digitally and since I can't trade in my digital copy I will just trade in the physical after I get the pin of course.

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

Well that video was.. umm... I'm sorry but i can't think of a word ti describe it lol But i did like it :D

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I would have gotten this version if they didn't have to announce it AFTER the digital version came out......

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Firejonie: I know same here. And sadly there is no way to trade in a digital copy so I am stuck with it now.

Hopefully though Capcom does this with the new Ace Attorney.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Still haven't gotten this game so maybe I will pick this up down the line.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm surprisingly mixed on this. At first I didn't care for it because I thought that it wouldn't be worth paying $20 for a box, but now the idea has a collective element to it that might be okay. I'll be getting the boxed version of New Super Luigi U at some point anyway, so I do like boxes.

It would be so much easier if they had announced a retail version from the start. That way I could have waited and got the box. However, Capcom probably thought that many people would've skipped out on a digital version and waited for the box instead, and so they kept the box a secret so that way digital copies would sell and now the box would sell as well. I don't know how I feel with that approach, as it baited players quite easily, but I'm certainly in no rush to get this if I do decide to get it eventually.

HyperSonicEXE

HyperSonicEXE said:

That new Quick Cinemas feature stabbed me in the heart.

I get it, plays like the original, but still, who skips that voice acting and story without even seeing it all at least once? Crazy people.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Nice! I'll definitely be getting this retail now! B-)
Anyhoo, is it that much different from the original? replaying the same exact game with updated toon-visuals with unecassary interuppting in-game text doesn't seem to be that exciting to me! :P MIght as well play the original.lol

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

Im still upset they didn't announced it before I bought the eshop version, I'll only get it if I find a REALLY good deal on the special Wii U edition that comes with the pin.

bmprsvz777

bmprsvz777 said:

it should be already in shops in Europe, announced release day was 12 november 2013...
lego marvel is already in shops too

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

My son is still playing the digital release I bought on day 1, almost every day (he's only 3, but can do pretty much all the levels apart from the final "race" without needing any help).

I do think this game is a bit short for a retail release, even at $19.99. If you're quick and don't care about unlocking the artwork/soundtrack extras even a novice could complete the game in about an hour.

@CountWavula: it's not exactly the same, no. Some of the layout has changed with new tasks in each level, the boss battles are different, and there's also cut scenes and voice acting. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic.

supocarta

supocarta said:

Would have sold more on 3ds eshop nobody owns a wii u in the UK .perfect game for 3ds.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

@TwilightV

LOL
That's what happens when you hire iCarly & friends.
Terrible stuff just to try and capture the interest of virtual gun wielding tweeny bops across the soggy globe.
It's very similar to the first 'sell out' Wii U Cube party trailer.

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

eu ? dam america allways gets most limited editions and games.
I wish the uk and eu would have got code of princess limited edition, kingdom hearts limited edition .. on and on...

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

Got it, didn't know Target was exclusive, but I got it there anyway. :D

Here and there in the middle of a stage over an item it can get overly chatty, but that aside the game is truly amazing and it's not super stupid easy either. It seems that easy on the remaster is up there or a little more challenging than the old NES version. The new mini spots added, new tactics on the bosses, and the added collection of X items to clear the stage make it all the most excellent.