Pandora's Tower Creator Ganbarion Is Co-Developing Wii Fit U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Name appears on the title screen

Recently, Nintendo has made a habit of outsourcing or collaborating with other studios on many of its key titles, and it would appear that Wii Fit U is no exception.

According to Kotaku's Stephen Totilo, Pandora's Tower developer Ganbarion is involved with the forthcoming Wii U title, as its name appears on the title screen:

It's not known how deeply Ganbarion has been involved with development of the game at this stage. Pandora's Tower director Toru Haga recently praised the Wii U as "unique" and "exciting".

Wii Fit U is released in December, but you'll be able to download and play a one month trial version in November.

Norik

Norik said:

Hope this means more JRPGs from them coming to the Wii U in the future.

mch

mch said:

^Fully agree with pre-posters !!
I will get Wii Fit U for sure.

MussakkuLaden

MussakkuLaden said:

@MrGawain Maybe they would have been enough to solve that girl's bodily problems... ^^ "Darling, no monster meat for you today. I brought Wii Fit for you!"

On a serious note though, it's nice to see that the collaboration between both companies continues, which may increase to chance to see something more serious again in the future.

ArkOne77

ArkOne77 said:

Pandora's Tower was a great game. Would love to see Ganbarion bring something to the Wii U. Definitely picking this up. Already have the balance board, getting the WiiFit Meter -day 1.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I'm gonna lol so hard if it includes an RPG activity using the balance board to walk. On second thought, that'd actually be pretty cool, and I'd buy Wii Fit U for it (if I had a Wii U)

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm guessing help w/ the HD graphics is about the extent of their involvement. Nintendo seems to have a problem programming on their own console.

First time I've seen that scuba diving screenshot. Reminds me of Endless Ocean, and I think it's new to the "Fit" series. New is good.

raith

raith said:

Great to hear. I would absolutely love a new Pandora's Tower game in the future. If ganbarion can refine a few things, it'll be incredible. Pandora's Tower is the type of mature (in theme) game Nintendo should focus on.

Zael

Zael said:

a new game from gambarion only for wii u, this is what I want

FishieFish

FishieFish said:

Will there be a minigame that lets you kill creatures and give the flesh to a girl?

Fun!

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

That screenshot! I just can't take this serious. What's she working out to? Ride the board staring at small screen to target?

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

That'll be a welcome message after a work out:
"I see you've got some flesh to sell..."

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Wii Fit Trainer cosplay!

I started Pandora's Tower, beat the first tower and never touched it again. I got bummed after hearing there is a glitch near the end of the game. Still what I played was interesting and I hope they can do more games with Nintendo.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I was trying to find out what this studio had been up to a week ago, I hope this partnership simply shows a greater involvement with Nintendo as opposed to being their primary output right now.