Video: New Pokémon X & Y U.S. Trailer Makes its Debut

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

These kids are dreaming of Pokémon, apparently

With its release now just weeks away, Pokémon X & Y will be everywhere including, if the new U.S. trailer is to be believed, in your dreams. That's right, there's no escaping this one.

Reportedly shown on U.S. TV last night, this trailer features a few photogenic young gamers talking about Pokémon visions in their dreams, with some charming CG animations of 'mon appearing in the real world. If gamers actually dream about his title in real life, then this marketing will have certainly done its job.

Check it out below and let us know what you think.

[via youtube.com, nintendoeverything.com]

Axed84

Axed84 said:

Obviously I'm getting this game either way, but does anybody else find it frustrating that there are no trailers or screenshots in the 3DS eShop that show off the stereoscopic 3D effect? I always play every game with the 3D cranked up to max, and it's such a pet peeve of mine when a game doesn't show off that effect in the eShop. The 3DS is pretty much the only way you can preview a game's stereoscopic visuals, so why not take advantage of that when pre-loading info in to the eShop?

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

@Axed84 Me too! I've been checking the eShop daily to finally see it in 3D. I guess they don't care cause they will sell a buttload anyway?

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Should have dress the kids up in pokemon trainer outfits., but they all sound like their were talking about how bad they were trippin' on mushrooms.

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

Not a bad trailer. It appears that they are focusing on a slightly older target audience (I'd say 10-13) with this trailer considering the age of the kids featured, the effects used, the focuses, and the music. Most Pokemon commercials seem focused on the 6-9 age group a bit more. Maybe Nintendo knows that they've got the 6-9 age range in their pocket and are trying to reclaim the slightly older kids who perhaps haven't played since Diamond and Pearl, or something to that effect...

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

I saw this on TV last night and was really excited! It's been a long time since I've seen a Nintendo commercial on TV. It's actually been since last November when Wii U first came out.

MAB

MAB said:

I don't really see what the big deal is with Pokemons but between this and Monster Hunter it's always good to see more nails being hammered into that PSVita coffin ;)

Windy

Windy said:

I pre-Bought this yesterday at gamestop, But Money is a little tight right now I'm seriously thinking of switching the Pre-buy to Etrian Odyssey. I know both are going to be great

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

I swear some Pokémon fan is gonna die within the next few weeks because of the anticipation for this game. By the way which version are you getting? I'm thinking about getting X because I like Xerneas more but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Gioku

Gioku said:

I thought that was an epic commercial! The Charizard vs. Yveltal part was pretty cool; at least I thought so, anyway. :)

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

I liked the commercial myself. I liked that they had kids of varying nationalities(at least I think they were) to go with the international release.

Blast

Blast said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonLoco

TonLoco said:

Day one buy. It's nice to see a change in the overall appearance of the Pokemon games even though the gameplay looks about the same as all the others(not a bad thing).

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

First five seconds...ok... this is different
Charizard vs Yveltal...Holy crap that was cool
20 seconds in...This commercial is awesome!
Then the mega blastoise...

Three cannons, Im so ready for Pokemon X!

keef

keef said:

At the 23 second mark in this video the fine print says "2D game with some 3D gameplay." What's that all about?

Gold

Gold said:

When that Skiddo jumped...
Pokemon history will never be the same...

Interneto

Interneto said:

@Captain_Balko "It appears that they are focusing on a slightly older target audience (I'd say 10-13) with this trailer considering the age of the kids featured"

To me they seem to be like 16-18 and not pre teens which is even better to break the old saying that Pokémon is for kids.

gamingreal

gamingreal said:

"@keef The game is only in 3D when you are battling apparently. Probably we will get 3D cut scenes and stuff like that but Nintendo already confirmed that X&Y is in 2D while you are "traveling"."
that sucks just because they have a 2ds now doesn't mean that they should start dropping the 3d as standard, not that I use the 3d much but still I like to put the 3d up to 11 at times to see my games with a nice bit of depth,
I always imagine reaching into the screen and pulling out my animal crossing character like a little toy.

NINTENCHIP

NINTENCHIP said:

Last night...I dreamed of a decent Pokemon commercial...

...this ain't that commercial. >_>

Emaan

Emaan said:

I like the commercial, but it could be better.

Maybe instead of the lame-trying to be epic-music they could have had the Pokemon theme playing in the background. :O

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@Interneto Yes, the kids appear to be that old, but that's all intentional. It's a general rule of thumb that when marketing to children (3 - 18) you pick actors that are slightly older than the specific age group you're going for. If you want 6 year old kids to want to buy a product, you get 8-9 year old actors. They picked 16 - 18 year old looking kids so they could market to the 10 - 13 demographic, because kids always want to appear "older" and older actors make them think that the product will make them appear older through association.

Holly

Holly said:

I shared this with my Pokemon-loving brother on Facebook saying, "What did YOU dream of, Dave?"

Interneto

Interneto said:

@Captain_Balko Yeah but that didn't happen with DP commercials (at least the ones I saw) for example. It's nice to see a change with Pokémon commercials.