TT Games Reveals Some New Characters in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Posted by Andy Green

Will have a demo available on "most platforms"

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is set to blast onto Wii U in October in North America and 15th November in Europe, and anticipation for it is building by the day.

Developer TT Games presented it during Eurogamer Expo as part of a Q&A session with director Arthur Parsons and revealed a few new characters as well as showing off some old ones.

It features 15 specific story levels and a massive open world to explore with around 24 characters. However, it's more than just a story and the game in fact features more than 150 playable superheroes and villains - more than the developer originally intended.

For example, there are the likes of Thor, Loki, Captain America, Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck to take control of, while a super-powered Stan Lee is also an option. The Silver Samurai from the lastest Wolverine movie is even involved.

During the presentation, Parsons revealed a few new characters such as the webslinging Carnage; the double-jumping Union Jack; Emma Frost, who can change into diamond form to deflect attacks; Iceman, who skates around freezing his foes; Whiplash, complete with electric whips; and Ms Marvel, who can fly and use energy beams.

Some of the various characters will be able to transform, for example, Curt Connors can become the Lizard and thanks to an online petition, the BigFig version of Venom will also be playable.

Parsons also confirmed that there will be a demo of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes available on "most platforms". We're not sure which just yet, but as soon as we find out we'll let you know. It's also set for the 3DS and DS, where it will be a different experience and will be given the additional moniker of Universe in Peril

Are you excited for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes? Who are you looking forward to playing as most? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via youtube.com]

Related Games

Gioku

Gioku said:

Game sounds pretty solid! I'll have to keep an eye on it. Howard the Duck FTW! :D

paburrows

paburrows said:

3DS and DS versions have always been lesser versions to the console versions unfortunately. I did notice a poster at Gamestop which listed a Nintendo Wii version which supprised me since Nintendo Life reported that there wouldn't be a Wii version. So I'll probably ether get the Wii or Wii U version.

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

"Anticipation for it is Building by the day"
I see what you did there.
As for the game, I'm tempted, but not convinced just yet, but a Demo would be of great interest…

Nico07

Nico07 said:

Can't wait, have had a preorder for the Wii U version in since August.

shredmeister

shredmeister said:

This game sounds really exciting. I'm not sure why Lego games get such mediocre ratings, but I hope this one will knock it out of that ballpark.

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

SQUIRREL GIRL!
I was already going to buy this, but now i'm going to buy it even harder. Somehow. :D

Midnight3DS

Midnight3DS said:

Hopefully it's as good as it sounds. The downside of Lego Batman 2 was the rushed roster with copy/paste abilities.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Im really excited for this one. It was going to have wait until after Sonic but since that game got a 1 week delay may have to bite.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

It annoys me when Europe gets games a month after the U.S. By the time I get it the yanks will have a dozen different walkthroughs on YouTube, so I don't then see the point of doing my own one.

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

Okay, Emma Frost, Black Widow, Deadpool, Wolverine, Hulk... Any news on Hawkeye?!

Emma Frost's gonna be awesome. :)

Nico_D

Nico_D said:

Lego City Undercover was brilliant, Lego Lord of the Rings was very, very good so yes, I'm getting this. For kids!

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

Buying this for my son. He loved lego batman2 on his 3ds and he will no doubt enjoy this

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Buying this for Wii U, as the gamepad makes it miles ahead of any other platform for multiplayer.

biglee

biglee said:

This will be my very first Lego game and I am super excited for it. I have to be honest though, I'm hoping a very similar game is released in the future, not in the Lego style, but in a much more realistic art style. The Lego style isn't really my cup of tea, but I really want this game because it's Marvel and I love how many different characters you can choose from.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

@biglee You may want to track down a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It has the same "bunch of people to pick from" concept with a more realistic visual style.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

There is a point at which every enemy of licenced games must admit defeat...
Since both my brother, my girlfriend and I are all Marvel geeks I'm not sure I have any hope of resisting this...
Do we know if the Wii U version can deal with more than 2 player co-op?