Doodle Jump Adventures Is Getting Physical In Europe

Posted by Damien McFerran

Smartphone platformer leaps to the 3DS in cartridge form

Beloved smartphone time-sink Doodle Jump is coming to the 3DS — but not in the form you might expect.

The downloadable mobile game is getting a physical release via GSP Games, with a European release date of November 15th, according to Amazon UK. The game has a budget price of just £13.99 (around $22).

Doodle Jump Adventures will feature all the content of the original title — which has been downloaded millions of times on Android and iOS — as well as "new menacing monsters, diabolical bosses and helpful power-ups".

There's also a new "Adventure Mode" where the players help the lead character liberate his world from invading enemies. We're not entirely sure a game as simple as Doodle Jump really needs a storyline, but extra content is extra content!

Are you a fan of the mobile original? Will you be buying this on Nintendo's handheld? Drop a comment to tell us.

[via amazon.co.uk]

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

I'll wait till it gets under 10 euros lol, don't see how it would fit that well as a 3ds game...

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

That's hilarious. For £14 I'm very interested to see what they've added to justify that price point (Higher than all 3DS eShop games).

H_Hunter

H_Hunter said:

I got it for 99 cents on iPhone. Can't imagine why would I buy it again?!

Shambo

Shambo said:

I'm curious to say the least. Not yet planning on getting it, but more like 'Ace Attorney and Code of Princess couldn't do in Europe what Doodle Jump can?'

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Never played it, and I gotta admit I'm always wary of console retail versions of much cheaper smartphone games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

This makes no sense, but I guess it could make money if parents buy it for their young kids.

Adventure mode could make sense if the levels have ends rather than being endless. I hate endless. Toki Tori 2 is kind of a adventure mode to Toki Tori 1 but I doubt it's that much of an addition.

Wowfunhappy

Wowfunhappy said:

I would totally buy this for $5-10 on the eShop, maaaaybe even a little more, but I wouldn't pay $22, and I wouldn't buy it as a cartridge for any price, as it's the kind of game that's to small to be worth the trouble of inserting and removing a cartridge.

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan said:

This seeems... interesting. Im a fan of the game but I dont know if there is enough content to be bought at even $20.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

This actually isn't a bad idea. The "adventure mode" caught my attention. I may buy this if released in US.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I like Doodle Jump, it's a fun game. Not sure if I would get on 3DS though. I wanna see how this Adventure Mode turns out.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Who. The Hell. Cares?
Not to say you shouldn't report this news (it's your job after all), but seriously, who cares about an overpriced mobile 'game'?

Swiket

Swiket said:

Pretty soon I'll start seeing people call Pong a 'game' with quotation marks, since Doodle Jump has just about the same interactivity as that.

FishieFish

FishieFish said:

I saw this about a month ago.

It's probably just going to be Angry Bird's Trilogy all over again.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

This gets a physical release and Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies doesn't.

There is truly no justice in the world. :(

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, paying 22 Dollar/Euro for a game that's super cheap on phones! You would be out of your mind if you bought it!!

Sceptic

Sceptic said:

It's hopelessly overrated on mobile even at a dollar. There's no scale to express the ridiculousness of $22.