Momonga Pinball Adventures Heading To Wii U

Posted by Andy Green

Another mobile game makes the leap to Wii U

Update: Paladin Studios has been in touch to say it has incorrectly stated Nintendo will be making more official indie announcements next week.

Original Article:

Paladin Studios has confirmed its mobile pinball game Momonga Pinball Adventures is heading to Wii U and will be shown off during Nintendo's upcoming digital indie announcements, presumably at Gamescom.

Momonga Pinball Adventures isn't your standard set of tables as it features a story mode, where you follow the antics of a pinball-loving flying squirrel making a stand against the forces of evil. There are several levels to explore, which you traverse using the many flippers spread around and there are even big bad bosses to fight along the way.

It's certainly one to watch and will no doubt look brilliant on Wii U in HD.

Check out the trailer below for the Android and iOS version of Momonga Pinball Adventures to get a feel for what it's all about and let us know your thoughts on it by leaving a comment.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Reading the article's title, I never thought I'd say this... but that actually looks AWESOME! Will definitely be on my radar.

Rafie

Rafie said:

FANTASTIC!!! The more pinball, the better. Now if we can just ask Nintendo to make a Nintendo themed table consisting of most of the franchise, or each individual franchise. OR we can just ask Zen to do it. :D

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I'd rather play it with buttons, so I will wait until they make that Wii U version.

I am still waiting to have Pokémon Pinball as a VC release.

lazyinsu

lazyinsu said:

I absolutely loved this game on my iPad... Highly recommend it to anyone who either loves pinball games or just want to try something "new" (:

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

It may have pinball elements, but that game isn't pinball. Where's the ramps, drop targets, and other standard features in pinball?

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Rafie I'd rather see Odama return. Wii U is the perfect platform for pinball rts!

I also recall having a dsi ware pinball game in which you flipper baddies dead on scrolling tables... Can't remember the name now.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

After watching the video, I gotta say this game looks fun to play. Hopefully, it will come out well for the Wii U.

AMR

AMR said:

Loving the artsyle, deffo my kind of game. Hope release isn't too far away :)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Downloads, downloads, downloads...that's all you hear from Nintendo nowadays! And they don't even have a proper account system! And where are the RETAIL third-party games?!

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

Reminds me of Pinball Quest for the NES in that it is a Pinball Adventure Game.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I enjoyed this a bit on the iPad, but found there wasn't a lot of variety in layouts and the physics need a bit of work as some of the "ball" behaviour doesn't feel right. If they tart it up for the Wii U I'd definitley give it a look though!

Pod

Pod said:

I've been reading and re-reading Paladin's "making of" article about Momonga.

It's such a cute title, and since I don't own any of the devices it has previously been released on, I am pretty stoked to hear this.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I remember hearing about this when it came to mobile and thinking, "Man I wish this came to consoles." Good good news, this. Will gladly take cool mobile titles on Wii U/3DS if done well, e.g. Gunman Clive.