Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl Receives Pre-Order Box Set

Posted by Andy Green

A special CD and design book will be included

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is set to emerge in North America in October and there will be a special pre-order pack for those who get in on the action early.

The latest game in the Etrian Odyssey series will have a bonus box called Etrian Untold, Unseen, Unheard, which will feature a music CD and a design book. The latter will contain plenty of character art from the highly anticipated 3DS game, as well as comics and notations.

However, it's the CD that is likely to be the main attraction and features seven tracks including a live rendition of the game's opening theme. There's an exclusive rough sketch version of the very same piece and five other songs all arranged by series composer Yuzo Koshiro.

The pre-order bonus is available at participating retailers including GameStop, EB Games and Amazon and will add no extra cost.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is a reworked adaptation of the original Etrian Odyssey title and will feature two seperate modes. Story mode tells the tale with new characters thrown in, while classic mode is without extras and will give you the opportunity to create your own characters as was possible in previous games.

It's set to launch on 1st October in North America. True to form, there's no news on a European release just yet.

What are your thoughts on this pre-order bonus? Will it tempt you to reserve it? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via atlus.com]

DePapier

DePapier said:

How come we have no idea when it's coming to Europe?! I want this to be my first Etrian Odyssey!! :(

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

Ugh, why can't Atlus just put, you know, more than 7 songs on a CD? The Shin Megami Tensei IV CD and Etrian Odyssey IV CD were both really disappointing in my opinion. Code of Princess had an OK one though, but maybe I just have too high expectations, especially after Solatorobo came with a CD with 24 tracks on it. That was awesome.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Nintendo, buy Atlus already. Make them release this in Europe, along with every other special edition they'll make of everything they made/make...

PLEASE?

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Aw come on man this is tempting... But Pokemon comes out so close to it. I don't know if I can afford both. :/

Emblem

Emblem said:

@DePapier January i'd guess. 4-6 months has been the transition time from US to EU for Atlus games for a while now. That's presuming EO4 sells a profitable amount when its released in EU.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I may have to get this now. I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game before, and this looks good. It claims to have all the updates that EO4 gave to the series, does that include the easy mode?

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

Now where the forum members from the USA who always complain how they never get any nice stuff because Nintendo hates them? :)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I believe I've got a cd and art book with every Atlus game I've ever bought so this is nothing new to me. I preordered this when I picked up SMT IV!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Mk_II: Since this is a third-party game, your statement has nothing to do with anything. :P

Not surprising this CD exists...it IS an Atlus game, after all! It really was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Marks

Marks said:

I want it! I totally forgot to save up for this game, though. Not sure if I can get it.
It looks so pretty...

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Probably won't be playing this one for a while, as I still have post-game stuff to do in EOIV, but I'll definitely pre-order it.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Very cool! Definitely want. I have not picked up Odyssey 4 yet, but I really want it. Now that I know this is a remake of the first game, that makes me feel better about getting both.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Mk_II

Not in here. Maybe we will see European members complaining because they don't have a release date for this instead. :p

I don't think I will get this. October already has Wind Waker and Pokémon for me.

Metaknight_3Raw

Metaknight_3Raw said:

This looks nice, let me just get my card and... oh wait of course... this has no release date for Europe. And Americans think they have it bad :P

scrubbyscum999

scrubbyscum999 said:

Sorry, but Pokemon is above all. I'm getting extra copies for collector purposes too. I don't think I can get this one.

PokemonManiac

PokemonManiac said:

Does anyone know any good non-dungeon crawler RPGs where you have a party like Pokemon but not Pokemon? If not I guess I'll get this for my RPG fix.

1upsuper

1upsuper said:

@PokemonManiac, just for 3/DS? Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 1 & 2 (2 is superior; get Pro if you're okay with imports), Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and 2, and Shin Megami Tensei: IV. That said, EO is certainly a series worth getting into along with all these games.

Evan_Yeti

Evan_Yeti said:

I love ATLUS. Never liked turn based rpgs until I played Strange Journey. Now I'm hooked 0~0

Memeboy3

Memeboy3 said:

I can't believe Atlus is owned by Nintendo already, i know a guy on Miiverse called django who really WANTS atlus and Nintendo together, he made a long speech (with over 10 comments) and the speech can be a little flawed and could use some more info, but it convinced me! and if you have miiverse...look him up and the speech and yeah it to spead the word!