Mighty Switch Force! 2 Blazing Into The North American 3DS eShop Next Week

Posted by Andy Green

Patricia Wagon brings the heat

Back in March WayForward Technologies announced a sequel to the enchanting puzzle-based platformer Mighty Switch Force! would be making its way to the 3DS eShop.

The developer has now revealed Mighty Switch Force! 2 will be available to download in North America on 13th June and in Europe on 27th June.

A new trailer has also been released into the wild - which can be viewed below - that shows our heroine Patricia Wagon in action as she douses flames and baddies with her fire-hose.

For those unaware, Officer Wagon has had a career change and is now a feisty firefighter. The gameplay appears to have changed to reflect this and it seems to be a lot more action-based than its predecessor.

The Mighty series is going from strength to strength - it's even made an appearance in the Wii U eShop in the form of Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition - and we're really looking forward to seeing this new iteration pop up in the 3DS eShop.

Will you be downloading this from the eShop? Let us know by leaving a comment.

[via siliconera.com, youtube.com]

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

Woah! It's releasing way sooner than I had expected. I'll definitely be giving this one a spin seeing how great the first game was.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Yes, I will download it. Not right off the bat, probably along the summer. The first one was pretty fun and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I have a gut feeling that there will be a version on the Wii U at some point down the road, so I won't be downloading this game right away on the 3DS.

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

I won't be able to download it right away, but the moment I can I plan to. The Mighty series just keeps getting better.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

God, so many releases lately! I think I'll opt for this over Oracle of Ages next week...

ikki5

ikki5 said:

I downloaded the first one and didn't really care for it so i probably won't get this.

@Ralizah

I'd be sure them get Ages when it is on sale instead of paying a higher price for it.

aesupreme1

aesupreme1 said:

I bought the first Might Switch Force day one, and although I really enjoyed my experience with it, I will have to wait a couple of months to pick this up. With Animal Crossing this week (purchasing the game for me, and the A.C. bundle as a late mother's day gift for my girlfriend), and Super Luigi U in two weeks, I have to limit my purchases this month to a select few.

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

Thought the first game was a bit overrated tbh.

I'd much rather get my hands on the new Shantae instead ;)

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I really liked the first one, but there were hardly any levels(like 15 or something)... Does anyone know how many levels there are?

BrightBeing

BrightBeing said:

I'm not really a fan of pure puzzle games like MSF. I'll skip, but I respect those who love these games. Their production values are through the roof!

Steveovig

Steveovig said:

Anyone know if this will have more depth than the original? I got bored as I played more.

0-172

0-172 said:

I'll definitely be getting, but not immediately. I'm currently occupied by Denpa Men 2 and soon Monster Hunter.

Austroid

Austroid said:

I downloaded the first one due to positive word of mouth and I found it quite boring after a while. 15 levels with the exact same objective isn't very impressive. WayForward should make more story-focused games besides Shantae.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

@Ryno I was working when this was posted! :P That said.

YES! YES! YES! I'm buying this as soon as I can day one!! I can't wait!!!!!

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I'll get this later this summer, busy playing Mario&Donkey: Minis on the Move, Donkey Country Returns 3D, and Resident Evil: Revelations[just downloaded it]. Plus I'm getting Animal Crossing: New Leaf this Sunday.

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

Don't care what anyone says, I've owned the 3DS for a few months now, and MSF is my all-time favorite game for it. The level of hype is astronomical for me.
I cannot wait until next week. Why is it only this Tuesday?

Windy

Windy said:

3ds is showing its the best system on the planet at this minute in time. OMG I've never seen a year of great game after great game coming out.

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

If anyone is on the fence about getting Mighty Switch Force, well I will say it is one of the best games on the Nintendo eShop!

Mighty Switch Force 2 will be a day one purchase for me since Mighty Switch Force one was fantastic.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I got the first one for my Wii U. I adore those HD graphics and the par times are way too challenging later on.

Hopefully this gets the Wii U treatment as well. It seems not only Patricia changed careers, as the Sisters don't seem to be fugitives of justice this time around.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Had fun with original on 3DS, and will eventually get. Not a day one buy, but I'll pick it up during a game drought.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I don't think the first one is that good. I prefer run and gun's with a good AI where you just have to try and stay alive. The first one seems more like a tech demo to me. (Far superior to mutant muds though which I think is utter garbage and it is cheaper).

I like Wayforward - Contra 4 and the DSiware Shantae are totally great I just don't get the impression they tried very hard with Mighty Switch Force.
(I have a lot of respect for the fact they didn't break Contra like has been to Castlevania on the 3DS - I really hope Konami won't let that dev break Contra by getting rid of everything that makes it good).

They

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

(I also prefer difficult enemies over messing around with cheap puzzles and going back and forth. I am probably in the minority though which sucks for me.