Witch & Hero Begins Its 8-Bit Quest on 4th April

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

European date set, North America "will be soon"

Witch & Hero is one of a significant number of download titles being published by CIRCLE Entertainment this year, as it moves increasingly away from DSiWare and onto 3DS download software. This one arrives in Europe in next week's update, with the North American release to follow soon, and promises to deliver a retro, old-school flavour to tempt us in.

With 20 stages packed full of enemies, two difficulty settings, as well as Trial and Infinite modes on offer, this title is all about defeating plenty of monsters, leveling up and bringing your accompanying witch back to life for limited periods to help out. With a top down perspective and 8-bit visuals and sound, we expect plenty of button tapping and gathering to be the order of the day.

A new trailer explaining the back-story and providing a taste of what to expect is below. Has this one piqued your interest?

daggdroppen

daggdroppen said:

looks cool. but too bad the gameplay isnt on the upper screen..

will keep an eye on it though

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I remember seeing something on this game before (maybe on this site). Looks pretty cool. Wonder what the price will be.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Ok lol at that video! Looks cool but not sure about how you move across the world map. Looks a little too simple.

Wesley8ty6

Wesley8ty6 said:

Man am i loving this 2d revival lately. Looks like more and more retro style titles are coming out, which is a good thing.

slidecage

slidecage said:

Long ago there used to be a company called circle that used to put out GREAT games. But then they found out they could release crap and people would still buy them.. your quest if you accept is to journey to the land of L.A. and slap the stupid mother......... until they stop making crap games and bring out better ones ...

Now there is a game i would buy :)

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I'm starting to get sick of all these "retro" games :/
A healthy does of 8-Bit never hurts, but I feel like I'm getting overdosed.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

We'll see how it turns out...I'll keep my eye on it though.
Don't expect me to pay more than £4.50 for it though. If you design yourself like a NES game you sell like an NES game. >:[

Windy

Windy said:

Looks like there will be some serious humor in the game. I hope it turns out good. There are a couple titles I really like from Circle and then there are some I don't like so much.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Looks fun. If they can keep it up during the whole game and the gameplay's as good we might be in for a pleasant surprise here.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

The presentation is great!
The story and style is so simple, retro and charming same time X3

If the gameplay will be at the same level... MASTERPIECE!!!
...
...
...okay, "maybe" I'm raising my hopes too much XP
But really can't wait to have more info about it :)

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

Seriously, the ground/floor texture graphics look like preset RPG Maker tilesets! LOL!

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

I am willing to give it a chance, it could even be "okay" as long as it's at a decent price then.

Volmun

Volmun said:

i LOL'ed at that clip! looks like a good game also is there eniy news on "Two Brothers" for WiiU?

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

A Circle game that isn't Castle Conqueror...

...a wary chicken indeed.

EDIT: Whoops, nm...just noticed they're publishing, not developing! Let me at it.

Bane

Bane said:

Just awesome. Lol the Hero was dreaming that he actually killed Medusa.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I am a pretty big fan of this top down style of game play mixed with an old school 8 bit art style. It is pretty nostalgic so I will definitely keep my eye on this game.