Feature: Video Game Characters Looking For Love

Posted by Philip J Reed

Don Flamenco

Spanish is the Loving Tongue

About me: Hola, senoritas. It is I, the famous and beautiful Don Flamenco. I am looking for a woman (or preferably women) who can love me for who I am, which is a world-famous celebrity boxer and all-around handsome, rich and flawless specimen of manly perfectness. There are some who say they are lovers, and not fighters...I, however, am both, which mathematically makes me twice as good as those wimps.

Location: Madrid

Ethnicity: Overt

Hair: Totally real. Do not touch it!

Eyes: Black by round two

Occupatio: Boxer, Stereotype

I would like to meet: Whatever practical joker picked out those powder blue gloves I was forced to wear in the first game.

I like to play the following sports: Boxing, Bull-Fighting

My exercise regime consists of: Getting defeated by Little Mac, but then somehow outranking him later.

My favourite music: "March of the Toreadors" from Carmen, "Boxerbeat" by JoBoxers, "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel, "Kiss From a Rose" by Seal, "Kiss From a Boxer With a Rose in His Mouth" by me when I do that.

My favourite movie: Raging Bald Bull, Million Dollar Flamenco-Dancing Baby, Requiem for a Heavyweight With a Bandage on His Belly

My favourite TV show: Fawlty Towers

My dream is to: Meet somebody who can see me as something more than an offensive ethnic caricature, even though I seem to have been designed in every way to encompass all aspects of my culture, right down to that traditional Spanish first name of mine, Donald.

On a first date I'd like to: Figure out why I wrote this profile in English.

Norfair

Norfair said:

Ganondorf, obviously. Who wouldn't want that wicked man of the desert?

Void

Void said:

I think Philip should write things like this more than a few times a year.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

That love logo should be on the front page of NintendoLife logo, just to spice things up~

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

The Koopalings aren't Bowser's kids, only Bowser Jr. is.

“Our current story is that the seven Koopalings are not Bowser’s children. Bower’s only child is Bowser Jr. and we don’t know who the the mother is.” - Miyamoto.

I'm such a killjoy :-/

Great pages :D

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Yes, you really should've had Medusa or Hades in here, that would've made this all the more funny.

BTW Tingle from last year still is the best page~

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Medusa just missed the cut! I started that one but wouldn't have had it done in time. :(

Next year?

/me doesn't know what to make of how many people are surprised Ganon(dorf) is single.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

"Or maybe take you out for some Chateau Romani...if you really want the magic to last."

Genius.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I would be surprised if Ganondorf was married, actually. He can have any Gerudo girl he wants, so he would not do for a particularly loyal husband. And no Gerudo girl would do for a particularly tolerant wife.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Oh Philip, I wasn't expecting you to do another of these. Thank you for the laughs. I enjoyed the Doctor, Ganondorf and The Ghost from Pacman in particular

Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku said:

Dis arteecle iz so phunny... But seriously, I like it very much. Not bad.
Too bad I barely read, I didn't even finish reading the first page.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Brilliance. But come on, no girls (mother brain doesn't count).
We had a lack last year too with only samus. Us guys need someone for valintines day too. Now I will have to be alone since my internet date plan failed.

KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda said:

King Dedede:
"Mate for life. My carefully cultivated flab can keep our baby warm while you venture out blindly into the tundra to find and gather enough food to keep all three of us alive, because that's certainly fair."
I thought I had seen the best last year, but this stuff is brilliant! These features are the things you can't find at other sites and what makes NL great, and it's good to see more being made. Great job, Chicken :3

James

James said:

Has it really been a year since the first one..? Good work again Phil :)

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

Amusing article, though Pinky would of been more suited than Inky. She's a hopeless romantic that has a thing for pac-man. LOL.

Wamtu

Wamtu said:

Aw, no Eggman? Oh well. These were so silly. How the heck did you come up with so many jokes?

Also, Dr. Wily likes Robot Wars! I guess he has some good taste.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

This is the reason to look forward to Valentine's Day every year.
Never stop, @Chicken_Brutus, never stop! At least not as long as LeChuck doesn't send you his dating profile. Actually never stop until every Ninty character got his own profile. :*

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

HAHAHAHA, PHILIP J. REED, I GIVE YOU A HAND FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO CONSTRUCT SUCH HUMOUROUS DETAILS WITHIN THESE VIDEO GAME VILLAINS!

The one that got me actually laughing so hard was the part when Kamek said he wishes to have a wand more powerful than one that releases geometric shapes!! And then the part that topped it all off...wait for it...WHERE WAS IT MANUFACTURED, SESAME STREET!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOLQ AHAHAHAHA!!!