ATV Wild Ride Trailer and Details Race Onto The Scene

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Details of tracks, modes and online multiplayer tweeted

Renegade Kid may be the darling developer for some Nintendo download enthusiasts that like a bit of retro action-platforming — yep, Mutant Mudds — but it's easy to forget that it's an experienced studio that releases games in a variety of genres. One such example is ATV Wild Ride 3D — itself a revamp of a DS retail release from 2011 — which is coming to the 3DS eShop and promises plenty of stunts and high-speed action.

Jools Watsham has released a new trailer for the title, with the description stating that it'll "probably" arrive on the eShop in March. Always an active tweeter, Watsham has taken to the social network to quiz gamers about a fair price for the game, and in the process outlined some details on the amount of content that'll be included.

You can check out the trailer below. How do you think this is shaping up and, to answer the developer's question, what would you consider paying for this game on the eShop?

[via twitter.com]

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

the physics doesn't look that well.
but the content seems to be right and online multiplayer should be cool too.

EvilLucario

EvilLucario said:

You can just tell it was from DS origins from that footage.

Otherwise, it looks... okay.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

It does look like a DS game. I hope it plays well, and is cheap, otherwise what's the point.

I was expecting much better to be honest. The 3DS is capable of so much better graphics than that.

KodyWB-98

KodyWB-98 said:

I bet that that the graphics will appear to be a lot better once the game is viewed on the 3DS system. Besides, you can never really tell how good a game is until you try it out yourself.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I paid $20 for the original. I'm willing to part with $10-$12 for a "port". No higher though.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'm more generous than others since I'm one of the 10 people who bought the 1st. Yeah, it looks like they may have focused more on handling than providing a visual bump.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Also for those complaining about the graphics, Nintendo themselves didn't do much better with OoT 3D. Sorry for triple post. Typing from Gamepad.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

the graphics may be a bit off, but i cant think of any other freestyle motocross games for the 3DS. So good on them for filling that void at least. I'd be willing to give it a crack

AVahne

AVahne said:

Still looks like a DS game. Can't wait to see their FPS project for 3DS though.

ClassicJetterz

ClassicJetterz said:

I've yet to be impressed by ANYTHING Renegade Kid has made, and this isn't looking to be an exception.

I-U

I-U said:

The game does look cleaned up from the original, but I'm unsure about getting this game since I have the original. That said, ATV Wild Ride is a great racing experience.

Firebird360

Firebird360 said:

I'm sorry but even for a cheap eshop ds ported game it just looks bad. It reminds me of Moto racer on ps1

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Well if these comments represent ATV's potential download numbers, I guess I can say goodbye to it's online multiplayer potential. :-(

Bluerobin2

Bluerobin2 said:

bomberman blitz (Dsiware) had online stuff and was $5 so for this game I would say 4 to 6 bucks. Who am I kidding, I have no eshop funds right now RELEASE IT FOR FREE!!!!!! please?

luminalace

luminalace said:

I never got the first so I will consider this. If it's good I will pay for it but it should not cost more than $6 US considering the origins. That means around $10 in Australia which seems about right.

ProdigyP00P

ProdigyP00P said:

I was excited about his game but after seeing that trailer, I don't think I will purchase it. Not unless it is $15 or less.

Windy

Windy said:

Day 1 purchase with online play if the price is right :) I think it will be Renegade Kid has set their prices pretty good except for Planet Crashers. This looks so much more fun and with online play AWESOME!

Windy

Windy said:

@ClassicJetterz I gotta defend Renegade Kid here a bit and say that Mutant Mudds is a pretty Darn fun game with neat 3D visuals. I wish there were more games like it on 3DS. Now Planet Crashers I have no idea what that was about....Just a bad game which every company makes a bad one every once in a while. Maybe this game with online play will make up for the planet crashers. The visuals in that video look pretty ugly but if the game play is good its all ok :)

moomoo

moomoo said:

Well, I was looking forward to this, but after that trailer... I mean, it still looks like a DS game...

ClassicJetterz

ClassicJetterz said:

@Windy
I gotta defend the consumer here. This is coming from a company who's afraid to make games for fear of piracy. Um. Hello? I'm pretty sure all companies, big and small worry about that. The difference is I'll be happy to pay for QUALITY software. They're all "oh no pirates!" and when I look at this software, I think to myself...the only way I'd play this title at ALL is piracy (though I don't pirate anything so in the end I'll just pass it up).

Even worse, small companies are capable of making great software. WayForward and Shinnen make great indie games on multiple platforms.

Even DS to 3DS rebuilds like Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask look great for originally being a DS game. And while it may be Level 5 and Nintendo, look at WayForward's Mighty Switch Force! from 3DS to Wii U.

It's a lack of effort in my opinion. And when the game sells bad, these guys are just gonna blame 3DS/Wii U sales when in reality, people are tired of slop like this.

No offense to you or anyone else, of course. This is just my opinion.

Windy

Windy said:

@ClassicJetterz Sorry you feel that way. But Mutant Mudds is a highly regarded title in the Eshop and 80% of the people who played it enjoyed it. Every company makes a bad Title at some point. I also haven't seen Renegade Kid throw in the towel and stop producing titles because of piracy. They just made a comment they were worried about it and did say he would consider pulling support. I don't think Renegade Kid is going anywhere and hope they don't. He just said what Nintendo will not say. Believe me Nintendo is trying to put an end to piracy any way they can and if they could they would.

Love The Mighty Switchforce Awesome Title and I hope to see many more titles like it. of Course we all hope that every Title we get is great. But just like books or Movies its just not that way. In a perfect world it would be :)

Yes this game doesn't look pretty. However it might play fantasic and be fun and that would make up for the jaggy graphics so lets hope its just good ole fashion fun.