Namco Bandai Impressed By Western Interest In Project X Zone

Posted by Damien McFerran

Chance for an English-language version yet?

Cross-over RPG Project X Zone launched on the 3DS in Japan earlier this year but hasn't been granted a western release as yet - despite the efforts of Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada.

However, some people at Namco Bandai are at least aware of the demand for this game in this part of the world - including Games Community Strategist Rich Bantegui.

When asked on Twitter about the status of a possible western localisation, Bantegui replied:

With the game posting slightly disappointing sales in its native region, perhaps Namco Bandai is eyeing up a western release as a means of boosting its commercial fortunes? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

[via gonintendo.com, twitter.com]

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

A game that Monolith helped make, a game made by Namco, and an SRPG/TRPG. You have one buy right here. It looks like Tales+Weird Fire Emblem from what I've seen.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

It really bakes my clam when Japan is "impressed" (or shocked) that we show interest in RPGs and the exclusive Japan-only games that they get. Not all U.S. gamers are Call of Duty FPS online junkies who only care about blowing crap up. I'm DYING for some 3DS RPG action. How about getting some more Tales games over here too?

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I don't know what this game is, but I see Yuri Lowell up there and as a huge Tales fan, this has got me interested.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Harada ,who proposed localisation, said also that whilst he was getting impressive request, he was also getting a fair few ubertrolling threats by disturbed fanboys. This is in the latest ONM magazine where he gives an interview. Check it out. What idiots eh....

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Hope it comes to England, but I doubt it because they have to translate and release the game in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian for it to come here because to stupid EU laws... And the game didn't do well in Japan to start with...

But if it is released here, day 1 purchase from me!

AntiGuy

AntiGuy said:

"Slightly disappointing sales in its native region," What the... should I be happy if it increases the chances of a localization? still can't believe such a game isn't doing as well though... maybe it has something to do with the gameplay? but aside from that it's the perfect example of fan service, and I sure as hell want some of that!

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

@XCWarrior Exactly. We love RPG's in America too! I want Bravely Default: Flying Fairy more than any other game announced for any system at the moment... Just saying. Well, perhaps I want that an iota less than Ni no Kuni, but I know I am getting that game already ;)

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i always thought with the characters they have in this game like ken, ryu, chun li from streetfighter, megaman, tekken, virtua fighter ones too that it would attract a much bigger following in the west, than in its native japan.

but yes, this game need to be localised- i'm sure if that happened, there will lots of people interested in this turn-based RPG game.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

i hope so, it looks really interesting!!! please release it for everyone else!

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Look Namco, if you're worried about low sales, release the game as DLC only with text only translation. I would in fact prefer original voices (as I am an anime fan).

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

There's plenty of interest in western releases of other Namco games that they could get blown away with if they cared to notice.

I'd love to see the NA Wii VC release of Solvalu and StarBlade. Japan has had them for years and we still don't have them here. I want to buy them.

LightSamus

LightSamus said:

The sprite work in this game looks fantastic, I would really love it to be released in Australia too

Dun

Dun said:

I will definitely give it a try if it came out in the UK.