escapeVektor Hacks Into 3DS eShop on 20th December

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The wait is over

escapeVektor: Chapter 1 is one of WiiWare's finest games, though its arrival in late September 2011 didn't spark the multiple follow-ups that were expected. Developer Nnooo decided, after the first part was released, that it'd be better served releasing all four planned parts as one title — though Chapter 1 was an excellent standalone game.

At that point escapeVektor was confirmed for the 3DS eShop, as well as the PS Vita, so those who loved the WiiWare title and wanted more had an end goal in sight. The final result is now ready, and the worldwide release date has been set to 20th December; the confirmed prices are US$9.99/€9.99/AUD$13/NZD$17.

This one, as it incorporates four chapter's worth of content, promises plenty of bang for your buck; details from the press release are below.

There are 150 levels in escapeVektor, spread across 27 different worlds," said Nic Watt, Creative Director at Nnooo. We've also included additional enemies and obstacles, 3 types of online leaderboard and a new Wildcard system. We're really happy with how this "complete edition" version of the game has turned out."

Players will be able to check their scores for each level of the game against scores of their friends, other players in their area and all players in the world using escapeVektor's 3-tier leaderboard system. In addition, when a player completes a level for the first time, or beats a previous high-score on a level, they will be awarded a Wildcard. Wildcards can be played before starting a level and will double a player's score if they successfully complete that level. However, the Wildcard will be lost if the player fails to complete the level.

That's a lot of levels, and the leaderboards and wildcards should add some incentive for high-score obsessives. Are you looking forward to taking on the complete adventure? Check out the new trailer and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

Wow. This looks like its gonna be HUGE!

I haven't played the original escapeVektor, but if this receives well I think I should pick this up...

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I simply can't wait, the Wii ware title was just AWESOME it seems like it will be better suited for the 3DS , I'm now counting down the days and LEADER BOARDS-LEADER BOARDS !!

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I got so excited I almost forgot, THANK YOU-Nnooo I know you guys did an AMAZING JOB and one last thing the Wii U e-shop needs your talent as well.

Birdman

Birdman said:

... Like I didn't have enough games to already get from this past holiday season. Well, guess I'll add this to the list then...

iphys

iphys said:

Woot, my eShop money is ready! Glad I held out rather than going for the WiiWare version.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Looks like I will have to get another eshop card I only have enough (I think) left saved for Wario Land II that comes out on the same day.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Wow, eShop really seeing the love lately. There won't be enough money or attention to go around between this release, Crimson Shroud, Fluidity, Crashmo, and Bit.Trip Saga all coming out in (roughly) a month.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Oh man this looks awesome. At first it didn't look too intriguing but as the video went on I really started liking it. Can't wait for next week. Dude, the eShop is REALLY picking up steam!

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

Worlwide release! Living in Europe, this is the most important feature! We have waited Denpamen for months and it was only translated in french and german...