Wii U Mass Effect 3 Owners Cannot Retake Omega

Posted by Andy Green

New DLC pack unavailable on Wii U

Bioware is set to release some additional DLC for Mass Effect 3 on 27th November in the form of the Omega pack, however those with a copy of the game on Wii U will not be able to download it.

This news comes via a tweet from the official Mass Effect account, which when answering a fan’s query on the DLC’s Wii U availability simply said:

Unfortunately it will not be available for Wii U.

The Wii U edition does include all the DLC that has been released up to this point including From Ashes, the Extended Cut, the Rebellion, Resurgence and Earth multiplayer packs, as well as a bonus heavy weapon – all of which will be on the disc and won’t need downloading.

It looks as though all future DLC for Mass Effect 3 will not be coming to the Wii U, though, but when the same fan asked whether or not any other downloadable packs would be made available on Nintendo’s new console, the account replied:

Never say never. :)

What are your thoughts on this? Is Mass Effect 3 starting to lose some of its original appeal by not fully supporting the Wii U version — not to mention the arrival of a trilogy bundle on other systems — or are you happy with just the core game? Let us know in the comments below.

[via twitter.com]

Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya said:

It's a blip and thank you for the article. My decision on buying this was up in the air anyway but I'll hold out for now in the hope for an edition with everything on the disc.

With EVERYTHING, Bioware O_O

Aviator

Aviator said:

Yeah, get everything on the disc when there is still content being made.

That will work.

Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya said:

@Aviator

They'll stop eventually. :P
Or they could do what Bethesda did with FO3. Sell each DLC on separate discs. Annoying, yes but at least we'd have it all.

Aviator

Aviator said:

So you can get a third of the experience with a few hours added on?

Fun!

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Mass Effect 3 Wii U just gets worse and worse. And I know for a fact that when people don't buy it EA will just say it's because Wii U owners don't want mature games...

skjia

skjia said:

@TheDreamingHawk
I thought the same thing. Why not just release the trilogy? People would be much more willing to buy it since it just came out a couple weeks ago, not last year.
Same with Batman. Would sell a lot better if it had both games.

Aviator

Aviator said:

And you have proof that it is a fact don't you.

Except in Batman, you're not creating relationships/characters/etc over two games are you? You're playing a linear experience.

skjia

skjia said:

I'm just sayin I imagine people would be more willing to spend $60 on a couple of old games rather than one. I know it wouldn't happen just sayin...
A man can dream... A man can dream...

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

The trilogy is exclusive to Microsoft I think. It's only on the PC and 360 (PS3 didn't get it either)

Aviator

Aviator said:

The contract (or whatever was signed) has run out. Comes out on PS3 on December 4th.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I -was- considering getting this at some point, but never mind now. Nintendo finally gets a console capable of great online features and whatnot and third parties still drop the ball like this. EA does anyway.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Oho, now fans can be upset :)

Like others said, EA's gonna blame lack of sales on the Wii U audience, continue to not release games and then stop all support because of us. Nothing new! :)

Magnet_Man018

Magnet_Man018 said:

I think they don't understand the real meaning of "Special Edition"...
If they don't include everything, they should've called it "Mass Effect 3: Scam Edition" from the beginning.

Vehemont

Vehemont said:

I want a RPG for my Wii U at launch, but I will probably be better off taking a wait and see approach with this and see if they release the whole trilogy for the Wii U. I still may get it though depending on reviews I see...

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Never been a fan of Mass Effect, Shepard is as dull as a bag of fluff. But the fact that the trilogy isnt coming to Wii U is the biggest f you to Nintendo fans. They can stick their dlc

RCMADIAX

RCMADIAX said:

I think its time for Nintendo to stop trying to please 3rd parties, even when the system is capable of the same technology they don't embrace it.

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

DLC does not perfect a game. Though I would not mind having some more DLC on Mass Effect 3 Wii U

potomas

potomas said:

They killed all hope for this when they announced the trilogy for ps3 and Xbox.Probably cheaper too

DashDG

DashDG said:

Another reason why Im not buying this version. The Trilogy looks better, cheaper and you can get "all three" games and all DLC. Sorry but Im getting Zombie U and Batman AC instead of this!!!

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

New gen console, last gen problems.
Its always one step forwards, and three steps back with nintendo.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

@LordJumpMad Tecmo is bringing DLC for Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge to the Wii U without any problems whatsoever.

I don't think this situation is Nintendo's fault.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

This only proves the theory that EA is purposely making ME3 crappy, so they never have to release another Mass Effect for the console. Considering it is having buggy problems, doesn't include MiiVerse (Which is weird because Reggie said all games would include it), and now this.

thanos316

thanos316 said:

come on now.. all i wanna hear a developer say is that i put 100% into a wii u game. or maybe im asking for too much too soon. first games to the market are sometimes missing some things. so by next year i def want 100% in a wii u game, i don't wanna hear oh we didn't do this or that and other things. if i keep hearing things like this i will just pick up a pc for gaming

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

...You know, maybe they haven't released Trilogy on the Wii U because they could be working on it for the first two games to be played on the system. Just a guess. Ugh, I still need to finish the first 2. >.>

Henmii

Henmii said:

It probably depends on popularity. And I guess it won't be very popular on Wii u, seeing as people who never bought a PS3 or Xbox360 have never played the first 2 (like myself). + that we much rather had the trilogy pack!

Hopefully this won't scare Bioware from the Wii u though!

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Maybe it just won't be available right away, at the same time it becomes available for the other consoles?

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

It's an odd move sure but then again EA's done a bunch of odd things recently so it's not exactly surprising.

Oh well there's always the PC version.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

This sucks. Why the hell don't they give Wii-U the same treatment?
Sigh Will the Wii U version at least have online multi-player?

mastersworddude

mastersworddude said:

Why would anyone want to play the third one alone anyways? The only reason to even play it IMO, is to finish the story and import from the first 2. And even then the story writing in this one is pretty poor.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@TheRavingTimes

This is what a lot of people have been asking from the day this was announced. It makes almost no sense. I mean, I guess they figure a few sales are better than no sales but there's not really much point in buying the third installment in such a story-heavy franchise without access to the first two entries.

diim

diim said:

This has to be illegal somehow.
How does a company charge 59.99 for a game with little to no support for the system, then charge the very same price for all 3 games with full support on others? People had already bought ME3 thinking they would get the DLC for it.

EA are nothing but a bunch of low class thieves.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

Regardless of what all of you are saying, my copy is still on its way. I have a 7 year-old, a 2 year-old, and a newborn. I do not have time to finish my 360 file of 1 so I am buying this so I can play it on the GamePad. I will also sell my ARKHAM CITY and a few other titles to get Batman on Wii U because I want to be able to play it with my kids around. All of you are underestimating how important this feature is to families. And for that alone I will be getting ME3.