Nintendo of Europe Confirms 3DS Nintendo Direct on 4th October

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Stereoscopic goodness on the way

With all of the hype and hoopla around a certain upcoming home console, Nintendo gamers may have been forgiven for wondering about some big release dates for 3DS games this Holiday season. Nintendo of Europe is answering the call, with a full 3DS Nintendo Direct broadcast on the way on Thursday 4th October at 7pm British standard time/8pm central European time.

There'll be a couple of ways to watch the broadcast, either on the Nintendo Direct website or through the Nintendo Direct Ustream channel, and of course you'll be able to find out what's going on here at Nintendo Life.

So, what will we learn? Top of our wish-list is a final EU release date for Paper Mario: Sticker Star, while a host of first and third-party titles still await a date to hit stores. We'd be surprised if a North American equivalent isn't also confirmed soon, but for all of you Europeans, what are you hoping to hear from NoE boss Satoru Shibata?

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

Yes, hopefully news on Luigis Mansion: Dark Moon, but I hope for some news out about Bravely Default, I'm so looking forward to that being localized.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Phoenix Wright 5 UK release date,and maybe even a Phoenix Wright VS Layton release as well.

Hey we can all dream.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

no games comming out this holiday season that really interest me. we want animal crossing!!!

MAB

MAB said:

Give me a reason to throw $2000 at you Ninty. Show me the GAMES! work that VC list baby ;)

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I hope they announce some neat eShop games. More 3D Classics and Flipnote Memo would be much appreciated.

Beta

Beta said:

Animal Crossing+Fire Emblem=Money thrown at the screen (+lost souls)

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Announce the release dates for Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D and Code of Princess on PAL territories already!

P184

P184 said:

@6ch6ris6

My gf couldn't wait for Animal Crossing so she went and bought obscure DS classic 'Magician's Quest' instead. Imagine Animal Crossing with a sprinkling of Harry Potter but with more places to go and more things to do.

I recommend you check it out. =)

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

What am I hoping to hear?

• Localisations for..

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terrys Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2
Monster Hunter 3G/4

• Release dates for...

Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario

• Something big for the 3DS VC. Zelda Oracle games? Mega Man NES games? Something like that would be nice...
McHaggis

McHaggis said:

Fire Emblem release date, please! Stupid game sites haven't listed the game for pre-order yet, so maybe a release date will be the kick up the backside they all need!

marc_max

marc_max said:

They will announce that Animal Crossing will be released in 2012 after all!

crossed fingers

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

So that's 2am Friday for me I believe, I'll be here. :) All I need is a Paper Mario and Lugi's Mansion release date and I can still hope that Animal Crossing will pull off a miracle 2012 release.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

I just want to know the release date for Animal Crossing

@P184 I tried Magician's Quest - just couldn't get into it. Nice looking game though.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

But... What about a Nintendo Direct for NoA? I guess it's inevitable though. I personally have a my fingers crossed for a Fire Emblem: Awakening release date.

clavier141

clavier141 said:

animal crossing in 2012, or animal crossing on 1st January, 2013 plus flipnote memo in november+pokedex 3d pro news

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Never going to happen but the most important thing to me would be multiplayer for the GB and GG games that had it.

SilveRFanTasy

SilveRFanTasy said:

I know there is nothing to hope for... but PLEASE let it be a new Metroid title!

As I said I know to a certain extent it won't be the case...

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

some release dates of titles like paper mario, animal crossing, luigis mansion, lego city undercover for 3ds and announcements of titles that will be released next year like time travelers, fantasy life, prof. layton vs. ace attorney and new unannounced games and a new big system-update

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@ziLToiD Columns had it in Japan, which proves that it is possible! (as long as the developer can be bothered: Ninty No, Sega Yes)

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

How about localisation for Professor Layton VS. Ace attorney confirmed as well as a release date for Shin megami tensei; Devil survivor overclocked?

quazzaazazazaazaza

quazzaazazazaazaza said:

What do I want... Let me see... AC released in 2012 after all, flipnote, a new eshop and/or 3DS game announced, Fantasy Life news, a system update, AND some announcement saying that all these years Metroid Dread has secretly been in development and it's the awesomest Metroid game ever and its for 3DS.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

A release date for Paper Mario: Sticker Star would be great. Would like Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing dates but don't know how likely that is.

I would also like a confirmation that The Denpa Men: They came by wave is coming to Europe.

That's it really. I'll be content then.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Promote Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward, I want people to see how awesome this series is! Bravely Default info would be awesome too!

FrozenCthulhu

FrozenCthulhu said:

There is so much they could possibly say, but I'm personally hoping for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem release dates.